Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Deactivated Account

"We control our destiny"

Elsewhere, I read this phrase today. I am wondering how many of you subscribe to this - that we are each genuine creators of our destiny (obviously it's much more complex than this, as each person is a contributor therein)

But essentially, each of us have complete free will.

Could we also say it is related to how spiritually "developed" a person might be too, i.e. as the veil of reactiveness/non-awareness/thoughts are lifted, would we say one might be free-er etc?

This is just a discussion for FUN - clearly, it's not going to capture the actual mechanics of all that is, but I am just curious as to your perspectives.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 27-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Master
I control not only my destiny, I control my belief in my controlling my destiny. Which proves I'm the one in control. But hey, I'm open: show me you can control and change my belief in my controlling my destiny, and I will consider reconsidering my belief.

Things that do not control your destiny:
Fate

Things that do control your destiny:
Bank Account
Credit Rating
Marriage
Old 27-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Baile, you are too funny!

Floatsy, you may like this story...Gary Renard who wrote "The Disappearance of the Universe"....and
an advocate extraordinaire of A Course In Miracles...tells a story of his hating
and wasting time in a bad movie...he should have seen 'the other one'.

His spirit guide then, explained to him...No, if he had gone to the other movie it got out
at a diff time...he would have gotten into a severe car accident.
Since, he had learned so much and had made advanced progress spiritually...he did not
have to go thru the lessons he 'would have' learned bec of this accident.
He passed right over some 'blueprint' previously set for him.

I may have lessons to learn...but I know they will not be learned now
thru my
many brushes with severing an artery, getting into the many accidents that
I could have...falling off ladders that probably were my previous 'destiny'...I know this in the deepest part of me that is
an intuitive power inherent in all of us.

Create our destiny? I was a cook for many years...cut myself all the time chopping onions, esp,
slippery darn things and dull French knives!...
One day in 1975...I screamed internally like Superman...to all the Powers That Be...Who ever was listening....
"Never again!!! Whatever lesson I am to learn I WILL NOT
learn cutting myself chopping things!!!"
(As I held my bleeding finger! For the last time.)

I celebrated 40 years last year...never ever have I cut myself with a knife.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Nice, Miss Hepburn - friendly and a cook - is it Christmas already?

Thanks for the post.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 27-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I control not only my destiny, I control my belief in my controlling my destiny. Which proves I'm the one in control. But hey, I'm open: show me you can control and change my belief in my controlling my destiny, and I will consider reconsidering my belief.

Things that do not control your destiny:
Fate

Bank Account
Credit Rating
Marriage

Hi Baile,

Thanks for your input. The question is: is your solid intent to hold on to your belief that you control your destiny, you being in control, or an erstwhile stubborn facet of the mind that is afraid to yield "perceived" control?

I dare not wrestle you of your belief system, I have heard it is that which most people hold most dear in life.

I am thinking of something which transcends belief. The reason I say this is because a million people of the world may hold 1.5 million beliefs. What transcends all belief and yet is not untrue to any of them?

PS In relation to mortgage etc. I see what you mean, but I was thinking more "internal" so to speak.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 27-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
Elsewhere, I read this phrase today. I am wondering how many of you subscribe to this - that we are each genuine creators of our destiny (obviously it's much more complex than this, as each person is a contributor therein)

An example of what a person thought of their destiny to show how it works in the mind, what it "saw".

Destiny has two sides.

A person after many years got a position with a company when they did not expect it. Upon talking to them would you be totally taken aback if they were to say out of disbelief in the moment and say, never did I think I would ever get the job, ever or that I could do it.

I'm probably more concerned with the false idea of it.
Old 28-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Bank Account
Credit Rating
Marriage

I don't know, I'd say something like, the negative layers of self where we see ourselves, mistakenly so, which I have observed do control such things as Bank Account, Credit Rating, and Marriage that happens in time. Time is part of destiny, planning is part destiny, doing also.

The reason I would not choose a bank account is how much would you need in the bank account. I suspect most don't have clue. Are we talking about having enough to do what you want. How much would that take. To define what you see allows one to formulate a plan that would allow the bank account be part of that destiny.
Old 28-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
Nice, Miss Hepburn - friendly and a cook - is it Christmas already?
Thanks for the post.
Hey, and I play piano and cello...I know, right?

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Talented to boot !!! Wonderful. The Wonderful Miss Hepburn

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 14-05-2016, 12:45 AM
Thumbs up

Back to can we create/control our destiny.

My understanding from all my readings is we come here with a 'Blueprint"...it even has exit points!
BUT, it is only a blueprint...we can change it....with our good deeds ...or, hey,
with our extremely bad choices!

I was just listening to a CD of Gary Renard...a "A Course In Miracles" guy...
he was talking about the Divine and how It doesn't recognize disease...
(reminds me very much of Christian Scientists which I attended for awhile)
The Divine Mind is the purest of pure...sees all of us a we are...pure light. It doesn't see death, thus, Jesus was able to raise Lazarus...

SOoo...point is...get into the Divine Mind and you can have a bee sting and by simply
validating to yourself ''there is no disharmony within the Divine Mind''...you can
STOP the swelling and the pain...I mean children do it in that group! Really!