Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Master
Favorite Passage From the Lord's Prayer

Although the Lord's Prayer is one of my favorites and has many very good passages, there is always one passage in any prayer that stands out more than others personally and I'm curious to hear thoughts about favorite passages from the Lord's Prayer .... and why the passage is one's favorite.

My favorite and most life-transforming passage is: THY WILL BE DONE.

Years ago, that passage sounded strange and unduly subservient. However, as one stills the mind more and more ("Be still and know that I AM God" from Psalm 46:10), one realizes that surrender to God is the optimal way to live. When one stills the mind, one soars like an eagle into the metaphorical sky of (God) consciousness and attunes to the Big Picture in "knowing without thinking" mode. That stillness unerringly seems to guide one in the best interests of all with no expectation of a return while the little, limited-perspective personal separatist ego doesn't always seem to get it right.

One's initial listening to the "Thy Will Be Done" Principle in stillness was done questioningly in my particular case. However, the results were so positive that the FAITH in that principle quickly turned to CONFIDENCE and then to TRUST and finally to complete SURRENDER.

That is how I live my life and, while I often say the Lord's Prayer, sometimes I simply repeat my favorite passage over and over again like a mantra: "THY WILL BE DONE".
Old 30-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Although the Lord's Prayer is one of my favorites and has many very good passages, there is always one passage in any prayer that stands out more than others personally and I'm curious to hear thoughts about favorite passages from the Lord's Prayer .... and why the passage is one's favorite.

Years ago, that passage sounded strange and unduly subservient. However, as one stills the mind more and more ("Be still and know that I AM God" from Psalm 46:10), one realizes that surrender to God is the optimal way to live. When one stills the mind, one soars like an eagle into the metaphorical sky of (God) consciousness and attunes to the Big Picture in "knowing without thinking" mode. That stillness unerringly seems to guide one in the best interests of all with no expectation of a return while the little, limited-perspective personal separatist ego doesn't always seem to get it right.

One's initial listening to the "Thy Will Be Done" Principle in stillness was done questioningly in my particular case. However, the results were so positive that the FAITH in that principle quickly turned to CONFIDENCE and then to TRUST and finally to complete SURRENDER.

That is how I live my life and, while I often say the Lord's Prayer, sometimes I simply repeat my favorite passage over and over again like a mantra: "THY WILL BE DONE".

Not my fav. passage but this sung version touches something inside of me like an electric current

https://youtu.be/locW-9S00VU
Old 30-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Master
' Who art in Heaven '

Heaven is a state of consciousness not a place, if I am in harmony with the laws of the Universe I am at peace, in Heaven.
Old 30-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Master

Quote:

"THY WILL BE DONE" WOULD NOT SOUND, strange and unduly subservient if you were to understand the prayer, as you suggest.

When it is read correctly. It is refering to when Gods kingdom has come to earth, "Gods will", will be done.

Gods kingdom that comes to earth, is refering to Gods love and transforming very essence...(the rebirthing christ essence)

And if it enters within us, we will be transformed into the essence of God, and it will be at the moment that we would be come ALL HOLY, ALL LOVING & ALL MERCIFULL, in the exact same capacity as the God entity.

And in effect we would be incapable of acting UN HOLY, UN LOVING OR UN MERCIFUL.

SO THAT WOULD MEAN THAT GODS WILL, WOULD BE DONE, ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.
ONCE GODS KINGDOM HAS COME.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATIONS ONLY, SMILES.

Ps .the entire prayer should be meditated on in full and should be fully understood for God to respond in kind, when the supplication of this prayer are heard by the God entity, the God entity responds and you should receive his love and transforming essence

And pss, i could not dissect the prayer in order to have a favourite passage, in total it is all transforming.
Old 31-12-2018, 01:15 AM
Master

in agreement with you guys above, about will. It's a beautiful thing

I like 'give us today our daily bread'. This is really not talking about ordinary bread, a quick google will confirm the Greek is strange and 'daily bread' is not the best translation. It reads more like 'extra special bread' referring to the food of the soul Jesus talked about surely
He wants us to walk in that will every day and we ask for the nourishment to be able to do it. it doesn't mean normal bread
Old 31-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Not my fav. passage but this sung version touches something inside of me like an electric current

https://youtu.be/locW-9S00VU

The Musical Aramaic rendition of the Our Father is something that I had never heard before. It is unique (from my perspective) and, as you duly noted, quite touching.

My favorite rendition of the Our Father, however, is the traditional gospel singing version by Mahalia Jackson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Hgl04Yqts
Old 31-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Who art in Heaven '

Heaven is a state of consciousness not a place, if I am in harmony with the laws of the Universe I am at peace, in Heaven.

Well put. Thanks for sharing !
Old 31-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil

And if it enters within us, we will be transformed into the essence of God, and it will be at the moment that we would be come ALL HOLY, ALL LOVING & ALL MERCIFULL, in the exact same capacity as the God entity.

And pss, i could not dissect the prayer in order to have a favourite passage, in total it is all transforming.

That is an awesomely beautiful and insightful statement about what happens when it (the kingdom) is experienced within us.

That is indeed exactly what happens (IMHO).

While it is true that the entire prayer in total is transforming, that particular passage has become almost mantra-like for me at times.
Old 31-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Master

Quote:
That is an awesomely beautiful and insightful statement about what happens when it (the kingdom) is experienced within us.

That is indeed exactly what happens (IMHO).

While it is true that the entire prayer in total is transforming, that particular passage has become almost mantra-like for me at times.

And if you or anyone is interested, this is a prayer that a spiritual being, brought to earth via James Padgett, in the year 1916.
And that spiritual being is said to be Jesus.

I believe that this prayer really explains it all and truely covers all aspects of the Christ God head, and how to receive its love and very essence (the full SALLUBRIOUS & transforming armour of Christ) and how to overcome dark entities that do not want us to reach the Christ conscious way of being.
The similarities between the 2000 year old Lords prayer and this one is clear & obvious.

December 2nd, 1916.
Received by James Padgett.
Washington D.C.

I am here, Jesus.

I merely want to say a word for the benefit of you and your friend, and that is, that I have listened to your conversation tonight, and find that it is in accord with the truth; and the influence of the Spirit is with you both. Continue in your line of thought and in prayer to the Father, and, also, in your making known to others, whenever the opportunity arises, the importance of seeking for and getting the Divine Love.

As your friend said, the only prayer that is necessary is the prayer for the inflowing of this Love; all other forms, or real aspirations, of prayer are secondary, and of themselves, will not tend to produce this love in the souls of men.

Let your prayer be as follows: -
--------------------------------------
Our Father, who art in heaven, we recognize:

That Thou Art - art all holy and loving and merciful, and that we are the children of Thy care and not the subservient, sinful and depraved creatures that our false teachers would have us believe.

That we are the greatest of Thy creations and the most wonderful of all Thy handiworks, and that we are the objects of Thy great Soul’s love and tenderest care.

And that Thy will is that we become at one with Thee and partake of Thy great love which Thou hast bestowed upon us through Thy mercy and desire that we become, in truth, Thy children; and not through the sacrifice and death of any one of Thy creatures, even though the world thinks that Thy equal and a part of Thy godhead.

That Thou will open up our souls to the inflowing of Thy love, and that then will come Thy holy spirit to bring into our souls, this, Thy love in great abundance until our souls may be transformed into the very essence of Thyself; and that there may come to us faith - such faith as will cause us to realize that we are truly Thy children and that we are one with Thee in very substance and not in image only.

Let us have such faith as will cause us to know that Thou art our Father and the bestower of every good and perfect gift, and that only we, ourselves, can prevent Thy love changing us from the mortal to the immortal.

Let us never cease to realize that Thy love is waiting for each and all of us, and that when we come to Thee with faith and earnest aspirations, Thy love will never be withholden from us.

Keep us in the shadow of Thy love every hour and moment of our lives, and help us to overcome all temptations of the flesh and the influence of the powers of the evil ones who so constantly surround us and endeavor to turn our thoughts away from Thee to the pleasures and allurements of this world.

We thank Thee for Thy love and for the possibility of receiving it, and believe that Thou art our Father - the loving Father who smiles upon us in our weakness, and is always ready to help us and take us to Thy arms of love.

We pray thus with all the earnestness and longings of our soul, and trusting in Thy love give Thee all the glory and honor and love that our finite souls can give.
-----------------------------------------

This is the only prayer that men need offer to the Father. It is the only one that appeals to the love of the Father, and with the answer, which will surely come, will come all the blessings that men may need, and which the Father sees are for the good of His creatures.

I am in very great rapport with you tonight, and see that the Father’s love is with you, and that your souls are hungry for more. So, my brothers, continue to pray and have faith, and in the end will come a bestowal of the love like unto that which came to the apostles at Pentecost. I will not write more now. In leaving you, I will leave my love and blessings and the assurance that I pray to the Father for your happiness and love. Good night.

Your brother and friend,

Jesus

Old 31-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Master
Quote:
The Musical Aramaic rendition of the Our Father is something that I had never heard before. It is unique (from my perspective) and, as you duly noted, quite touching.

My favorite rendition of the Our Father, however, is the traditional gospel singing version by Mahalia Jackson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Hgl04Yqts

Such a powerful voice, beautiful.