Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 15-08-2023, 03:35 AM
Ascender
Ehipassiko? Come and See

Not ask you to believe in his teaching
not about faith but a way of life
(the faith should be based on the truth)

whatever your religion (or faith) whether you have one or no
you can be happy, in this life and the afterlife
you can be unhappy too,
all depend on your deed, speech, and mind

Happy and suffering have causes
when the cause of suffering eliminated
suffering end
the cause of suffering inside us:
greed, hatred, and ignorance

Ehipassiko, come and see, also means not easy to believe not easy to reject,
to find the truth by investigation

not to force the truth base on our faith
(like what we believe is the truth)

our beliefs can be changed and should follow the truth and not vice versa

our views, beliefs, or faith can be wrong, can be right, but it is all only a mere faith, not the truth as long as that is not proven

in Ehipassiko faith should base on truth
not truth based on faith

Ehipassiko not cover the truth, not cloud the truth, not made the truth as we want, not bend the truth as we like,
but to find the truth as the way it is
Old 15-08-2023, 05:53 AM
Master
“Now, Kalamas, don’t go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, ‘This contemplative is our teacher.’ When you know for yourselves that, ‘These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to welfare & to happiness’ — then you should enter & remain in them."

Kalama Sutta.
Old 15-08-2023, 01:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek
Happy and suffering have causes; when the cause of suffering eliminated suffering end the cause of suffering inside us: greed, hatred, and ignorance

I have a friend who is the sweetest loving human being you could ever meet. She suffers from almost daily severe debilitating migraines. No doctor has been able to help her. I wish it was as easy as Buddhism claims to end suffering. The reality is there is a lot of suffering in this world for some. Some of these people suffering have no greed, hatred, or ignorance in them. Like the children starving in this world.
Old 15-08-2023, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I wish it was as easy as Buddhism claims to end suffering. The reality is there is a lot of suffering in this world for some

The 'Simile of the two arrows' (Samyutta Nikaya 36:6) is something I think about during a Migraine, it certainly helps the mental pain.....

Just a thought Maisy but has your Friend had Allergy Test's?... lot's of food/drink cause severe Migraines for some people....
Old 16-08-2023, 03:02 AM
Ascender
as I know Buddhist goal is to end mental suffering
and never say it was easy or difficult,
it depends on how many causes of suffering you have,
and how good your effort/wisdom/determination/mindfulness/concentration to eliminate the cause of it

when someone has no greed, hatred, and ignorance, buddha claims there will be no more suffering in that person, total destruction of suffering,
but this is buddhas teaching, only theory, the truth I never prove it,

she/he can still be sick or ill physically but not disturb his/her mind at all,
the bliss does not depend on your condition anymore, when nothing to expect, what can make you disappointed?

mind and body, also six senses, in this teaching is suffering, whether you are happy because everything goes as your way or vice versa, mind and body are suffering because they are anicca dukkha anatta, they are heavily conditioned, not follow your expectation, and not you

this core teaching is non-attachment
not attached or bound to anything
Old 16-08-2023, 04:28 AM
Master
I’m not aware of the scriptures but wish to ask on a general basis, based on the OP ~

Belief is a concept, truth is a definitive knowing. How is it definitive? It becomes a permanent embodiment of our being. For example, bliss. When polarities merge in heart, our body is magnetised by a rapture current, ever present by night and day. Just like our breath.

So, we’re looking at transmutation of form. We become it.

Still, is this the truth? I’d say, no. It is an intermediate truth. Let’s say, we imbibe another attribute, for example, we read the human aura. We see it all the time and slowly understand what it represents. Is this the truth? I’d say, no.

We can go on ad infinitum. So, what is the common link to delusion that first stays and then shifts and so seems real? Is it not identity, in as separate from other objects, ideas and powers?

When we speak of detachment, does it not negate or lessen the throb of spontaneity, of our innate aliveness? Thus, if detachment arises slowly, like a blossoming flower, petal by petal, it is fine but if it is thought induced, ego induced, no matter how laudable it may appear, it seems a bit like repression to me, a forced practice.

We can go on … mindfulness, for instance. Good. It softens attention and heightens awareness, whilst inducing head to meld with heart in loving tenderness. Yet, I’d say, it is our reflex instinct that needs to be love inked. Then again, love has many hues beginning with bubbling joy, selective empathy, boundless compassion, bliss energisation, ineffable peace, a nonjudgmental eye, rooted in purity of being. At which octave are we? I mean, in reality, not as a pretended emotion. A quick test is to review our responses in dreams, where analytical mind rests and we go with intuition, hence accepting all images as they may arise. So, what’s our instantaneous, spontaneous response to dream images?

On an overall basis, I’d say a mood and mode celebratory, accepting rather than negating, embracing and releasing leaving behind no residue would be a flowing orientation of innocence and playfulness, which we become and so enact (not deliberately enact to attempt to become).

Ultimately, in my view, it is recognition that allows us to shift in an authentic manner as a non-doer. To recognise the truth of being by prioritising silence and stillness allowing lower mind to rest and mind of heart to awaken, is a non-practice I can suggest, if we are stoic enough to wait for as long as it takes.
Old 16-08-2023, 05:43 AM
Ascender
I use google translate but still hard to understand, English is not my first language and I still learning it,

there are 2 truths in Buddhism,
conventional truth and ultimate truth

conventional truth, made by us, i.e. language, idea, knowledge, man or woman, what is good, what is bad in society, the truth bound by time and place.

ultimate truth can be seen when someone has mindfulness, is not bound by time and place,

the person is an example of conventional truth,
five aggregates are the ultimate truth,

form (or material image, impression)
sensations (or feelings, received from form)
perceptions
mental activity or formations
consciousness

five aggregates, or mind and body, or six senses, should be seen with mindfulness to know their real characteristic, buddha said their characteristic is anicca dukkha and anatta

to end suffering completely in this teaching someone should develop mindfulness and see the ultimate truth themselves