Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 PM
geanie

Most recent reading has me spooked.

I do a reading for myself everyday. I'd still consider myself a newbie to the world of tarot but I learn something new everyday. However, I've never got a reading that packd a punch like this last one:

Past = The Tower
Present = The Hanged Man
Future = Death

I keep wondering now if I'm going to die, or someone around me. Most all of my readings have been positive, or not so negative. Can anyone tell me if there is any hope after this fortell?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Enya

First off - don't panic!!! While these cards indicate great changes and challenges, they DO NOT show death for you.

The Tower denotes massive change in your life, like a thunderbolt striking a building once thought strong and invincible. The Hanged Man is about suspension; one thing has ended, another has yet to begin. (a natural outcome from a time of huge shifts) Sacrifice has been made. Death denotes the 'death' of some aspect of your life or your inner life, but also re-birth and transformation.

I'm not a practiced user of traditional tarot, so no doubt someone will come along and give you more on this, but let the negative go and focus on what positives can and will come from change.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Administrator
Hey Geanie

Im not a reader of tarot cards to be honest i dont like them they dont resonate with me,but from what i do know is the death card is nothing to fear it doesnt mean death,it could be the closing of one chapter and going into another, i cant tell you about the other cards you nentioned because they are not my thing,i do read cards but mine are the Native American Healing cards, and i have got a couple of angel cards,

Namaste
Old 17-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Master

Both the tower and death represent ends of something. The tower is an abrupt ending. Sounds like you are going to have a couple of endings and beginnings. You will live though. :)
Old 17-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Master
geanie, it is not a good idea to read for yourself. A self-reading is either over-optimistic or over-pessimistic.
Old 17-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Neville

Sounds a reasonable reading to me.

Tower, All that is old and decayed being swept away.
Hanged Man, Not much you can or even should do about it.
Death, After the dissolution hinted at by the tower A Brand New start.

In summary..A good few eggs are getting cracked to make an ommelette
Old 17-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Master
I think it's quite a positive reading actually. Going along with what others have said...

The Tower - Flash of insight, quick destruction of the old...

Hanged Man - Seeing things from a new perspective, pretty much all you can do. You can hang there upside down with your eyes closed (ignoring everything) or you can open your eyes and have a look around. See what's showing now that the Tower has fallen and things are no longer blocking the view.

Death - change change change! Good stuff, says to me you're going to see what you need to while hanging upside down and it just may be something you never expected.

Old 31-10-2012, 01:42 AM
geanie

Thanks everyone for your input on this spread. I'm so sorry for not saying so much sooner. Sometimes I just lose track of things. I actually wanted to say that I remember doing this layout on myself and during that time I was speratically pulling all three of these cards (along with the two of swords) for quite some time and then *BAM*..hit rock bottom, totalled my car and got in a world of trouble. But it's okay now because it's only up from here. I'm picking up the pieces and it's a new me. A whole new chapter. :)
Old 31-10-2012, 09:55 PM
xdxb

Quote:
Originally Posted by geanie
Thanks everyone for your input on this spread. I'm so sorry for not saying so much sooner. Sometimes I just lose track of things. I actually wanted to say that I remember doing this layout on myself and during that time I was speratically pulling all three of these cards (along with the two of swords) for quite some time and then *BAM*..hit rock bottom, totalled my car and got in a world of trouble. But it's okay now because it's only up from here. I'm picking up the pieces and it's a new me. A whole new chapter. :)

Woah!! How long did was it after you did the reading that you got into the accident? I'm sorry. But it's great you are transforming this into the positive!!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:48 AM
geanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdxb
Woah!! How long did was it after you did the reading that you got into the accident? I'm sorry. But it's great you are transforming this into the positive!!

Hi xdxb :) Thanks for saying so.
My crash ( I rather like calling it that because I mean it in a literal AND metaphorical sense ;p ) happened less than a month after this reading. And like I had mentioned, I was pulling these cards quite often even after this initial reading. See, I had my heart broken and I was blindly traveling a very self-destructive path. The universe got very mad at me because I was hating myself and due to a matter of unfortunate circumstances that I placed upon myself, I ended up getting myself into an accident and a load of trouble. However, after this incident, my eyes were so wide open to all of the blessings in my life and I haven't seen a tarot spread like this one since then. In fact, immediately after this had happened, I began seeing the wheel of fortune, the universe and the star. I made a lot of changes in my life since then. I quit destroying myself and I've also been using my talents to contribute wherever I can. I've become closer with my family and just an all-around better me. I also seen cards such as justice and the emporer, informing me of the legal troubles I now have. I feel like this rock bottom (dark knight of the soul) was a step in my spiritual awakening and I feel so much more in tune with the universe and my higher self. It was a lesson I aparently needed to learn. :)