Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Experiencer

I agree w/ knight's suggestion of service. It helps us not focus on/overanalyze ourselves too much. Part of our soul's journey is learning mindfulness and nonmaterialism, but under that umbrella lies how we impact each other. We are each other's pieces of the puzzle for this life we lead. We not only learn lessons through interactions with each other (patience, compassion, courage, authenticity) but also gain soul growth and satisfaction when we make some other soul's day better - and that can be by a smile, looking someone in the eye and saying hello, a little joke, or even something on a larger scale such as giving of your time to a cause. To sum up, growing inward requires simultaneously growing outward. Enjoy and be in awe of the journey and the folks we share it with.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetunedRadio

What would you do if you were in my place, and wished nothing more from life, than death itself? It's a gloomy thought to express out in the open, but it's how I feel, and I'm not necessarily proud of that thought.

I think you've been given some heartfelt, good advice and I hope you re-find your joy of life.

You ask what would I do, besides some of the suggestions you've been given already, I would seek professional help with some kind of counselling.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Ha! I see you as just being Homesick!!!!
You don't want death....you want to be Home!
Don't blame you.
But for some reason you were sent here...why?... probably to
manifest what it is you miss, Paradise....right HERE, dude!!

Now how does one in this dense physical matter, with all it's distractions
and ups and downs and boredom...manifest that
which you miss from your true Home?

Well, now the adventure begins!
Once you figure out the Formula...this place is great...and the next
place will be great... and the
next place...because wherever you go ...there you will be in the Now...forever.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Woa93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetunedRadio
Hello all, I will try too keep this as short and as on point as possible. Please move this to the appropriate sub-forum if this isn't it.
  • Currently outright bored of this life, materialism is dull, and I'm attracted to it very dimly.
  • Bettering the soul, and making it higher vibration is what I strive to do, but for a long while I've been bored of doing "right". Creeping thoughts to do wrong come by, but I know better (for the most part).
  • Suicide is not an option, that would cause too much damage, and it would not be right for my soul. Funny enough though, I'm contemplating picking up smoking again just to speed the process.
  • I tried learning to Astral Project so that I could do that when I wasn't attending my needs for survival. However, I was disappointed to learn of Astral pollution, and that our desires do carry over to the astral planes. I was extremely interested in soul retrievals, but I don't think I can handle the accountability involved for messing that up.
  • I don't know what to do help?

If it matters: I'm 24, with a good academic background, and have many of these awesome life opportunities ahead of me that I just honestly could not care for. My job is also going well developing apps for mobile phones. Although, I would rather be experiencing the after life, and meeting the Creator.

Hey man, being dispassionate with life is natural when you realize how little satisfaction material means give you... I seem to read that you are focussed on doing "right" instead of what is natural? What is the "right" way for you?

I think the next step is becoming an idealist. By that I mean going within to contact the "divine" and retrieve information from it. When you really look within what is your ideal and how can you help in taking steps towards that? How can you translate the abstract in your own mind in plain english and express that in society and in current reality? If money and personal gain holds no effect, would you be developing mobile apps?

I think truly being right comes from CHOOSING between right and wrong and in order to CHOOSE you have to acknowledge your other side. The dark side basically and recognize that as a valid choice.

If you don't do this it will eventually consume you and take you over. We have a society based on fake love and being good but the truth is: being TOLD or COMMANDED to be or do something which is only deemed correct if it is done VOLUNTARILY tends to mess you up bad.

I think working towards what you feel really helps the world and then seeing afterwards that it did is what makes life exciting again. There are few things more fulfilling for me personally to know I have contributed towards something I believe in.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Master

Tuning into Mother Nature as others have suggested.

As you said, you are young. You survived childhood and are down the other side of that mountain. And you thought adulthood would be more exciting and have more freedoms and satisfaction. But you find it the same.

After much turmoil in my life (I'm 61) I am more than happy to stay under the radar and live a mundane life. I'm tired of the conflicts, being pulled here and there, dramas, emotions out of whack, physical illnesses, striving for that next goal (I've had many that I achieved).

It's all done for me. I don't seek or desire the excitement anymore.

...and no, you can't anger the Higher Power with your actions or thoughts.

You are here to live and learn. So go out and live and learn. If it's spiritual, then so be it, if it is corporal, then do it. You have the body you have the mind. You've chosen this life.

Just do no harm to another person, place or thing and you will still be able to look at yourself in the mirror each morning.