Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-07-2016, 07:27 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamercan
Every night I set out an intention to astral travel at night.But I always fail to do so.I have no fear in astral travel,So I am wondering what is holding me back.

It's important to get into the frame of mind that you can. Have you tried different times? Early evening? Mid morning? When you first wake up? (Many lucid dreamers seem to "get into it" just after they wake up if they do so on a non-lucid dream.)

But I get the impression that dreaming is as good as astral travel but the you of your inner worlds is driving not your wakeful consciousness which is what you're trying to get onto the astral. Do you ever daydream intensely? If yes and if you dream you can do it.

I also get the impression that people/teachers make too big a deal of the techniques for lifting off. Among friends who've tried this there's a growing opinion that the techniques themselves make people self-conscious and actually hold some travellers back.

So forget going to bed with the intention. Just go to bed, practice very deep relaxation as if you want to get into a trance. Next time you wake up with a dream where you were particularly active note a couple of details down...anything so you can remember some act you were up to. [It's good to have a little notebook by your bed - you might discover something on the astral that needs noting down.) So when you're practicing relaxation try to recall this bit of that dream. Your hands and feet were independent of your physical limbs while you dreamed... so you can lift yourself back into that scene to get the feel of your limbs being independent again.

That's how I first started... In a dream I was trying to climb over a fence.... While relaxing I visualised my hands entirely free of my physical ones.

Too much is made of what you should do and feel, the moment you get onto the astral. Just act as you feel fit.

Expect some trouble when you first get going. You can "shock" yourself out of lift-off. That just has to be borne until you learn not to. But anyway, frustration is the worst enemy of getting onto the astral. Some people are gifted enough to get into it easily. Others take maybe years...

Good luck.

As an aside, I made a particular "study" of the transition from wakefulness to sleep, being an insomniac and it's pretty interesting what you can do and learn in those moments,

One particular thing was I'd suddenly find myself falling off something impossibly high. It would bring me back to full wakefulness on the instant. So before closing my eyes of a night I started telling myself "This is stupid! I can fly off..." And I learned to. Sort of quasi-lucid...

Anyway, that's a different story....

Old 21-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Master

I cannot ap at the moment as I have a cough. I will have to wait until it goes away.
Old 25-07-2016, 03:45 AM
Seeker

I think stress might be the killer.
Old 25-07-2016, 09:52 PM
Master

I still have my cough. I hope it goes away by this Friday. I would really like to make an effort to ap.
Old 27-07-2016, 01:11 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamercan
Every night I set out an intention to astral travel at night.But I always fail to do so.I have no fear in astral travel,So I am wondering what is holding me back.

i agree with what the others have said, there are many that can hold you back from projecting.in my opinion, what i believe to be the main cause of this is lack of will to project, i believe you have to truly want to project.from my perspective, how can anyone truly desire to astral project if they have no notion of what projection is and how it feels.i think the reason why most people fail to project is because they give up before it happens, this is why i say one must truly want to project.even myself at times gives up before i project, this is because i loose interest in it after a while and prefer to just roll over and go to sleep.if you truly want to project, just dedicate yourself to it and dont stop until you achieve projection.

what i suggest is this, forget every thing you know or think you know about projecting.i believe astral projection heavily relies on ones understanding of it and what it truly is.all it takes is one piece of bad information or one false belief to ruin a astral projection attempt.i suggest to forget everything and explore with your own mind, start to learn everything from the ground up yourself through your own observations and experiences.i think this will be a much more efficient then trying to project by using the understanding of it that you learned from reading others experiences.everyone is unique and has there own way of projecting, so what works for me may not work for you, this is why you should learn from your own experiences only.

i will, however, suggest that you start with lucid dreaming and meditation, lucid dreaming is just a different form of astral projecting, you can use dreaming as a stepping stone to begin your learning process.