Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Did I finally get there?

Hey guys, this is my first post to this forum as you may notice.

Anyways, to introduce myself, my name is Shawn, I'm from Canada and I first practiced astral projection in 2006-07 when I was 16 and was only to reach the point of feeling the astral body (other than the head) float outside the physical body. I was never able to leave my head during this time, I think it's because I didn't understand that it's required to consciously, through my spirit mind, visualize and believe myself to be outside of my body.

10 years later, 5 months ago I decided to begin practicing it again. I've listened to a lot of guided healing/chakra meditations leading up to today and they worked tremendously, so I decided to bookmark a few guided astral projection videos on youtube and decided to listen to one particular video during my astral meditations (I do an astral meditation every 3-4 days or so).

One week ago, I had an experience that I never had before during my astral meditation. I reached a point to where I felt like I didn't have any need to close my eyes, and the darkness around me started to sort of 'warp' and move like it was vibrating. And during this time I was focusing my consciousness on my energy body and constantly reminded myself that I am thought and energy and began to had the feeling my whole experience revolved around my intentions from my heart chakra and my conscious thoughts. And then all of the sudden, as I was fully connected with my energy body and as my eyes were wide open all I could see was complete blackness and darkness whereas before I could see a bit of light come from my window from streetlights. The only way that I could go from seeing dim light from my window to nothing but blackness is by hovering upwards closer to the ceiling, as the window would have been too low to still see the dim light.

During the 15-20 seconds of seeing absolutely nothing but darkness from the ceiling with my eyes wide open, I tried my best to direct my consciousness outside of the house on the street, but I felt like I couldn't move or even flip over so I could see myself laying down. After not being able to do anything for this duration I began to be able to see the dim light in the window coming from the street lights again as if I went back into my body. So I gave up and decided to go to sleep. Was I actually outside of my body or did I enter some kind of black void of nothingness?
Old 17-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Ascender
It sounds to me like you were "phasing". A search of Google for "phasing projection" will reveal lots of links to the concept. Many projectors who use the phasing method report that they pass through a "black void" as a preparatory stage to full projection.
Old 17-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Experiencer
You had an experience that is sure, but an experience of what is yet to discover. I may be similar to you in my astral projection mastery, in the way that I only left my body twice, and that was years ago. However when I was out there was no darkness. On the contrary even in darkness there was a soft light so I could see things clearly. Moving was not an issue like you had experienced, because there was a greater effort not to move at all. Just thinking about certain thing would draw my body close to it..
So, in my conclusion, what you experienced was probably something slightly different, but not in any way less important. I do not know about phasing, like LPC mentioned, so that could surely be it. I also have one other possible theory as to what happened to you, and the only reason that came to my mind was because you mentioned your heart chakra.

There is a meditation in which you can relocate your point of consciousness from your head, which is the location where most of the people would describe as feeling it, to your heart area, or heart chakra area. You do not really enter your heart or heart chakra, but rather another space that is there, which Drunvalo (author of meditation) calls sacred space of the heart. There are multiple ways how to achieve that, but I guess it could occur spontaneously, as one of the ways to enter it is actually just that, moving your consciousness to heart and then spontaneously entering that space. I am not sure that this is what happened, but it could be, that you entered that place. Most of the people that enter it say that there is total darkness in the beginning, and that you must ask for light. I think that this experience in itself is not so different from AP in it self, since you move your consciousness, just like you would transfer it from your physical body to your astral double, just that in this case I imagine you would enter through some sort of the portal with your astral body, which is your heart magnetic field. That is how I imagine it. Any ways, keep trying and good luck. And also good job =)
Old 31-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Guys..

Something happened about 30 minutes ago that never happened before, and it was unexpecting.

I ended up staying up for mostly all of the night and decided to get a few hours' sleep. And as I was falling asleep, that's when the 'weird' thing happened. All of the sudden, I knew I was transitioning outside of my body, and during the process, I told myself that this is something that I have to remember.

Everything I saw, and my vision, was completely different. I knew I wasn't dreaming. Everything was sort of... vibrating/glossy/different.

The beginning of the experience, about 5 seconds of it (not sure on the exact amount), started with me feeling like I was transitioning into my mind/consciousness. Then all of the sudden I could see my mom laying down sleeping in the living room and I was trying to wake her up by talking, but when I tried to talk I didn't really hear my voice but it was something different. When that didn't work all of the sudden I was hovering over moving vehicles beside a tall white building structure.

At the time everything was extremely vivid but for some reason I can't remember everything in much detail but I know what happened. I'm not too sure exactly where I was but I think it was over the road of a neighbouring town.

The entire experience and movement was all completely controlled by myself, however all of the sudden after hovering down and following the moving cars for a few seconds I ended up phasing out and entering back into my body. It's not like I went into the air and flied back to my body, it was like I teleported back into it.

Also, during this experience I remember feeling like vibrating energy, ethereal. I know it wasn't a dream, because I was feeling my energy body that I was moving in.

I wish next time this happens I don't uncontrollably teleport back into my body, I want to travel to different planets and dimensions.

---

Thank you LPC and Azmond for your replies, the replies instilled my confidence in myself that I was well on my way and almost there although this experience was completely unexpected (I was just trying to go to sleep, but when I got those vibrations I told myself to take this opportunity to move out and it actually worked.. unexpectedly).