Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-08-2015, 11:02 PM
metalburner

Near Death Experience

I had a near death experience 10 years ago and would like to post about it here. Following a very serious car accident my spirit left my body and became one with an incredibly intelligent beam of light. The light was so bright that it would blind human vision, although I could look right at it with no pain. The light informed me that I have been doing this over and over and that I committed suicide in my previous life. I was given 2 options I could go back to the beginning of my life and start all over again or I could return to my body. If I chose to go back to the beginning everything would happen the same way that it has already and I would be in front of the light again. I chose to go back to my body and continue learning my lessons. One thing I am unclear about is if I would have chose to go back to the beginning of my life it would be hard to do everything exactly the same way again if free will is intact. I mean free will gives us the chance to take many different roads. So if everything would have happened the way that it already has then that might mean that free will is out the window and all choices are predestined? Anyone that may have some insight on this your advice will be greatly appreciated. I've come a long ways and my goal is to help other people as much as I can in life. Thank you for reading.
Old 24-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Searcher347

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalburner
I had a near death experience 10 years ago and would like to post about it here. Following a very serious car accident my spirit left my body and became one with an incredibly intelligent beam of light. The light was so bright that it would blind human vision, although I could look right at it with no pain. The light informed me that I have been doing this over and over and that I committed suicide in my previous life. I was given 2 options I could go back to the beginning of my life and start all over again or I could return to my body. If I chose to go back to the beginning everything would happen the same way that it has already and I would be in front of the light again. I chose to go back to my body and continue learning my lessons. One thing I am unclear about is if I would have chose to go back to the beginning of my life it would be hard to do everything exactly the same way again if free will is intact. I mean free will gives us the chance to take many different roads. So if everything would have happened the way that it already has then that might mean that free will is out the window and all choices are predestined? Anyone that may have some insight on this your advice will be greatly appreciated. I've come a long ways and my goal is to help other people as much as I can in life. Thank you for reading.

Your current personality is a melding of the hard-wiring of the brain in that body you are wearing plus the unconscious memories and personality of who you really are. Your soul. There is free will because we each come here to learn lessons and to see if we really learned and grew. You may not be allowed to consciously remember who you really are and the lessons learned in your previous incarnations BUT the memories your true personality are fully accessible to your subconscious which drives ALL your decisions. There most definitely is free will. On top of that we all tend to incarnate in groups. The lives we have are planned out to a degree. For example you and one of your your soulmates make plans to meet up on Earth. You are programmed to subconsciously recognize them and the others you incarnate with prior to starting your new life BUT it is up to you and the choices you make whether or not you successful meet up. There is no guarantee you will follow the plan. Plenty of souls make mistakes which deviates their life from the desired course. It's all part of learning in classroom Earth. It's hard and we all chose to come here because the hard lessons to be learned here promote accelerated growth and from what I understand those who graduate from here are exceptional. This is why we are here. We all wish to achieve this. There are other worlds where life is far easier but learning on those worlds is also much slower and limited. You get out what you put in. Even in the spirit world.
Old 24-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Master
I agree with eh above poster, much of our rearing and environmental circumstances influence what choice would most likely make.

Likely you would choose a similar type upbringing in a similar type culture so that you could sort of 'continue where you left off'. But Free will is certainly going to present itself and despite similar choices and influence you might not make the same types of discussions you did in this life.

Based on my experiences so far there's a lot of mathematical probability - meaning being raised with certain values, ethics, morals, opportunities and influences means it's mathematically probably we will choose certain choices over others at any place there's a decision to be made - its not pre-destined though - we always can go against our basic ingrained teachings from culture, family and schooling.
Old 24-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Searcher347

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I agree with eh above poster, much of our rearing and environmental circumstances influence what choice would most likely make.

Likely you would choose a similar type upbringing in a similar type culture so that you could sort of 'continue where you left off'. But Free will is certainly going to present itself and despite similar choices and influence you might not make the same types of discussions you did in this life.

Based on my experiences so far there's a lot of mathematical probability - meaning being raised with certain values, ethics, morals, opportunities and influences means it's mathematically probably we will choose certain choices over others at any place there's a decision to be made - its not pre-destined though - we always can go against our basic ingrained teachings from culture, family and schooling.

You are basing this in incomplete information. we are more than our DNA.
Old 24-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Master
Cultural and social influences are not dictated by DNA.

You must have misunderstood what I said. :)
Old 24-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalburner
I was given 2 options I could go back to the beginning of my life and start all over again or I could return to my body. If I chose to go back to the beginning everything would happen the same way that it has already and I would be in front of the light again.

Very interesting... I'm no expert on this subject matter (thanatology/NDE's) but in all the literature I've read - I don't recall ever coming across an account where someone was given the choice of starting their physical lifetime over. I've heard of people essentially being told that they must return, and even an account of someone being advised they would need to return for another physical incarnation if they had stayed - but not this notion of starting a lifetime over.

Were there any other details/elements of your experience that stood out to you and that you would like to share?
Old 24-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Deactivated Account
Metalburner, as a side note, there was an interesting book written in the 80's about the aftereffects that individuals reported in the months/years following their Near-Death Experience - how it served to change them... It's called 'Heading Toward Omega' (Kenneth Ring). I thought it was a good read. Just mentioning it in case you are interested, given your experience....
Old 24-08-2015, 11:12 PM
metalburner

Wolfgaze my experience in having the option to start my physical life over is the same thing as reincarnating into the same set of circumstances that I was struggling to overcome. There were still lessons to learn, and in checking out early I had accomplished nothing at that point in my life.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:33 AM
NDE_er

My two cents worth to this question is that I don't think we have enough knowledge as human beings to answer this question.

I had an nde and things over there....there's just no words to describe it.

Our knowledge is just so limited here on earth.