Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Ascender

My dreams are very random, I find it hard to believe they hold any degree of reality somehow due to that randomness. My late mother and father occasionally pop up in my dreams but I don't think its really them as its all such a jumble LOL
Old 16-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Experiencer

Practical Dream Exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
My dreams are very random, I find it hard to believe they hold any degree of reality somehow due to that randomness. My late mother and father occasionally pop up in my dreams but I don't think its really them as its all such a jumble LOL
Considering the source of most dreams, that is precisely the case.

For the next few nights, before you go to bed: sincerely ask in prayer, along with a feeling of gratitude from the heart, to answer a question that you have in a dream.

Keep a pad of paper and a writing utensil near your bed. Upon awakening, immediately jot down what you have received - even if on the surface it doesn't make sense.

As is often the case, once you identify the symbols of the dream and what they mean to you on a personal level - not from dream symbol books - you will often find an answer to your question. It happens all the time.

Then radiate gratitude to the spirits, not your brain, for that awareness.

As a boy of around twelve, I recall having a dream about fire. While in the dream I realized that I was being given a warning. I don't recall the background of why that particular message was given at that time, as I was never one to play with matches. Regardless, once I realized the message in the dream, it immediately ended, along with the feeling that I interpreted it correctly.

Old 16-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadar
Ah...yes...that old antiquated phrase, "products of the subconscious."

For the sake of all that which is good and true, for this forum and outside of it, let's set the record straight right here and right now.

The whole conscious, subconscious, and superconscious paradigm was invented by the sweetheart of psychologists and psychiatrists, Sigmund Freud. A man who didn't believe that consciousness can exist without being in a body, who didn't believe in life before life, and who didn't believe in life after death. These prejudices completely distorted his psychological conclusions. Mystics and mediums have been persecuted by the psychological community ever since because of the twisted and inaccurate conclusions within Freudian psychology. They espouse, even today, that clairaudience, clairsentience, and clairvoyance are all products of a delusional personality. Belief and/or experience with telekinesis are, what they term, a product of "magical thinking."

In contrast to what Sigmund Freud espoused, when we go to sleep at night, one part of our brain does not activate to produce dreams for us. What really happens is that we become more receptive to telepathic messages from one or more discarnates or spirits, that are usually symbolically represented. Most dreams are not helpful or spiritual in nature because most of the people on The Other Side, as with This Side, are not devoted to The Light. Nightmares are a form of astral abuse or attack, not a product of the brain.

As a spiritual medium, I've had situations whereby I would "talk" with a Spirit Guide in my sleep. To then wake up and continue the conversation.

As a general rule of thumb, beyond the understanding of the psychological community...

Every thought or feeling that is not willfully created, is telepathically received from one or more discarnates or spirits. There are no exceptions to this general telepathic principle of metaphysics.

Knowing this completely changes one's perspective. Each time a thought or feeling "just pops in there" know that it is coming from The Other Side.

In light of this, there are no "products of the subconscious." As the subconscious does not exist.

I am not a supporter of Dr Freud, only because I feel his studies, although relevant (in part) -to the sexual repression so rampant in his time -are not complete, as regards the human Soul, and thus hide-bound, limited, not relevant for every person, and somewhat dated.

But from what I have discoved myself from dreams, the source of them is very very multi-faceted, ranging from a form of chewing over of events in the past few hours/days....to a most fine spiritual content.
They all do have some form of meaning, but not all are connected with spiritual influence, and many are not connected with negative influence from other Souls. But as they are so very multi-faceted, there is a wide spectrum involved in them.
Old 16-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Ascender

How do you draw the line though?? How do you know which have come from within and those from without??
Old 16-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I am not a supporter of dear Dr Freud, only because I feel his studies, although relevant (in part) -to the sexual repression so rampant in his time -are not complete, as regards the human Soul, and thus hide-bound and somewhat dated.
I concur.

Problem is that Freudian concepts and theories led to the foundation of western psychology. Most present-day therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists use Freudian psychoanalytical concepts as their base of understanding. What has come to be called transpersonal psychology is the exception, not the norm.

Quote:
But from what I have discoved myself from dreams, the source of them is very very multi-faceted, ranging from a form of chewing over of events in the past few hours/days....to a most fine spiritual content.
This indicates that you have people on The Other Side who support you.

Quote:
They all do have some form of meaning, but not all are connected with spiritual influence, and many are not connected with negative influence from other Souls. But as they are so very multi-faceted, there is a wide spectrum involved in them.
A great deal goes on up there.

One could even say that for the most part the Spirit World consists of a large collection of "special interest groups." Which is kind of funny when you think about it.

Old 16-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Ascender

cant we sometimes fall into the trap of thinking that everything has a spiritual foundation?? A bit like mistaking a plane for a UFO etc
Old 16-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Experiencer

Learning To Become Self-Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
How do you draw the line though?? How do you know which have come from within and those from without??
Although it may seem insurmountable, it really just takes practice.

You have to monitor what goes on inside your consciousness.

To monitor each and every thought as it arises.

The object is to become more self-aware.

When you become more self-aware, you then develop the ability to detect thoughts and feelings that are not self-generated and just pop in from without.

Practice this in meditation. Still the mind and concentrate on only being aware. When you are relaxed it is easier to know the difference.

Then slowly apply that self-awareness to your regular routine throughout the day.

Resulting in you finding it relatively easy to know when it is you and when it is someone else who generates a thought or feeling.

A lot of mental-astral garbage (e.g., lust, crude humor, low-brow feelings and thoughts) is often implanted in us from inferior spirits. This becomes much more obvious in the process of becoming self-aware.