Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-05-2015, 12:07 AM
Suspended
The truth is that civilization is built on alcohol.

Seriously.

Ever heard of the pyramids of Egypt? Hieroglyphs have been translated that state the builders were paid in.... beer! Of course, if you think about it, you'd have to be drunk to build something like that.

Even more damning, it is hypothesized that the very earliest cultivation of grains was for the purpose of making ritual alcohol. Seriously, ever wonder why wheat is so good for making alcohol? Experts have considered this too, accounting for the fact that it is nearly perfect for it - because it was specifically bred for it.

But of course everything has it's use and it's misuse. If alcohol doesn't fit your purposes, then stay away from it. Otherwise - bottoms up!
Old 01-05-2015, 12:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touched

Seriously.

Ever heard of the pyramids of Egypt? Hieroglyphs have been translated that state the builders were paid in.... beer! Of course, if you think about it, you'd have to be drunk to build something like that.

Even more damning, it is hypothesized that the very earliest cultivation of grains was for the purpose of making ritual alcohol. Seriously, ever wonder why wheat is so good for making alcohol? Experts have considered this too, accounting for the fact that it is nearly perfect for it - because it was specifically bred for it.

But of course everything has it's use and it's misuse. If alcohol doesn't fit your purposes, then stay away from it. Otherwise - bottoms up!

Who told you this, European Historians and archaeologist...?

I can't really be bother getting into the science of it right now, but alcohol serves zero benefit to the human body, it is poison which can permeate almost every single area of your body and cellular membranes.

Do i drink from time to time..?

Yes on special occasions, like weddings and family events and the odd birthday. But I don't really drink like i used to, which has effected my social life. But if people want to drown themselves like lemmings, be my guest.

Civilization was not built on alcohol, i have never heard so much nonsense in my entire life.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Suspended
Do you think I'm making this up?

It's in every culture from the earliest recorded records.

Look it up.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Do you think I'm making this up?

It's in every culture from the earliest recorded records.

Look it up.

So people had a drink from time to time in the past, i don't know how you have equated this piece of information to: Civilization being built on alcohol. I think that is a very silly, and irresponsible thing to say. Alcohol technically is a poison, it has zero biological benefit to the human body. On a cellular level it causes oxidative stress, damages proteins and damages enzymatic function! if your cells could speak to you in English, they would tell you that (Alcohol is bad news for you).....#fact

Fair play people have had a drink from time to time, but this does not condone the large promotion of people drinking themselves silly like complete lemmings world wide. And i still have no idea how you come to the conclusion that civilization was built on alcohol, something that distorts the mind and body etc. There is more evidence that Gold and its metaphysical properties helped the Ancient Egyptians/Kemet build the pyramids....

I don't think alcohol is responsible for improving people spirituality, if that was the case they would not be selling or promoting it so heavily. But of course people drank alcohol in the past, but i don't think it was the rate limiting factor in their spiritual development.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Suspended
I am not arguing anything you've said MP.

What I am arguing is exactly what I said. There is a preponderance of evidence for it, enough so that if you remove alcohol from the history of man, the outcome becomes highly uncertain. THAT is my point - not that it is good for you, or improves you, nor anything else you seem to be reading into the point I actually am making.

It is a very unnatural thing to do for hunter gatherer tribes to start cultivating and tending large areas of plants year around. It is a very unnatural thing to do to build mountains out of stone blocks. What is common to that and other things is evidence of the presence of alcohol.

I agree, it's not necessarily a pretty picture. Neither is it pretty that the evidence shows the reason Cro-Magnon man isn't around is because Homo-Sapiens killed them off - but is it really 'murder' if they aren't Homo-Sapiens? That, I suppose, is for another topic.

Nature is brutal, and history is full of things we'd rather not hear, but I don't think we are going to learn anything by ignoring it, whatever it says. On the contrary, the only reason to avoid the truth of history is fear, fear that we are not who we like to think we are - but I think we can still be who we want to be, yes, even knowing the truth, despite history.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Master

Quote:

Seriously.

There is a lot of truth to what you say Touched.

In fact, the transition from nomadic hunter gatherers to agrarian societies leading to urbanization and then industrialization is based largely on the necessity and ability to store food for longer periods of time after harvesting, and for a greater range of 'products' and greater quantity than provided by salting and smoking meat which was likely itself an innovation in the ice-age.

Besides the development of agriculture - fermentation was further instrumental in this transition and key in making human society more stable and predictable. Bread, alcohol, cheese, etc. became a very useful, scalable and flexible method of preservation, utilization and distribution.

Of course alcohol provides the means of altering consciousness for the 'common man', a chemical/physical method for those who are not inclined to achieve the same through purely internal means, and this is still very available and popular (along with some notable intrinsic liabilities).

~ J
Old 02-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
So people had a drink from time to time in the past, i don't know how you have equated this piece of information to: Civilization being built on alcohol. I think that is a very silly, and irresponsible thing to say. Alcohol technically is a poison, it has zero biological benefit to the human body. On a cellular level it causes oxidative stress, damages proteins and damages enzymatic function! if your cells could speak to you in English, they would tell you that (Alcohol is bad news for you).....#fact

Alcohol is poison, you're absolutely correct. What kills me is that people are so in denial about it. It helps the human body in no way, it was never meant to be consumed. Alcohol is lethal. People need to wake up. Are we all that terrified at the thought of giving up happy hour? Geez. How much do you value your body?

In regards to the OP, Gemcrusader I agree that the world is in grip because of alcohol, specifically the western world. The health industry has been pushing lies related to alcohol for decades. They get funded and work in cohort with the Alcohol lobby. Another mass deception.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Guide
28. Jesus said, "I took my stand in the midst of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them. I found them all drunk, and I did not find any of them thirsty. My soul ached for the children of humanity, because they are blind in their hearts and do not see, for they came into the world empty, and they also seek to depart from the world empty.

But meanwhile they are drunk. When they shake off their wine, then they will change their ways."
Old 02-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Guide
Quote:

No such hieroglyphs exist.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Experiencer
You can find information on the payment of beer in hieroglyphs here:

http://www.aeraweb.org/lost-city-pro...ramid-workers/