Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-10-2015, 12:51 AM
Newbie ;)

Difficulties with lucid dreaming.

I have had 2 very vivid lucid dreams over the past 2 years that had seemed to be more like premonitions than anything. They were very symbolic and time was nothing like it is in the physical world. Each time I would wake up I would enter a state of sleep paralysis before coming to. Each one was random & unplanned. I've had a few other lucid dreams but they weren't nearly as vivid or as long. I've been trying to lucid dream regularly since these experiences but haven't had much luck.. Until this morning. I was looking up at a light fixture and it starts changing shapes I thought "I'm in a dream" then I told myself to wake up and then I entered paralysis again. I'm not sure why I made myself wake up but does anyone have any tips that works for them. I would appreciate it 😃
Old 22-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Newbie ;)

My bad, I just realized I posted this in AP instead of dreams.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Experiencer
I do not have much experience with lucid dreams, but for the time when I was practicing it, I too noticed, that when I became aware that I am dreaming in my dreams I would suddenly feel my body and I would simply wake up. I think this is a common thing too, and possibly quite similar to getting to excited when you astral project, which can pull you back to your body right away. Just keep practicing it, and try different techniques. At least dot tell yourself to wake up =) Just stay at oh, cool I am in a dream, and I command to stay here fully conscious. Also looking at your palms will help you to get more control. Somewhere I read that it is not wise to explain to dream figures that you are dreaming, and my experience did confirm this. I was so happy to realize I am dreaming that I hugged my friend in a dream and started explaining to her that we are in a dream and now I will teach her how to fly. All that happened afterwards was that I immediately lost awareness as I looked into her eyes which were looking at me very puzzled. Then again I read a book of some other author where he explain how he was conversing with dream figures very openly about a dream, and he would also ask them question for example, what do they represent, and he would get very concise answers.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Gracey

listen to binaural beats before you go to sleep, they balance the brains hemispheres. this will help you have more control over your dreaming.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:22 AM
Seeker

Some lucid dream techniques I've tried are:

1. asking "am I in a dream?" during the day. Ask sincerely and with curiousity of where you are. You can set goal of asking 20-30 times per day. what you do during the day also turns up in your dream at night.. so you'll find yourself asking the same thing and that will be the clue to wake up in the dream.
2. You can also pull your finger whenever your remember. When you pull the finger, it's imporant to be aware.

The more aware you are during the day, the more you are at night and will see things more vividly in dreams or become lucid. But if you daydream a lot during the day, you day dream at night as well because the thoughts will
become projecting images.