Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 28-04-2013, 12:45 AM
beansi

Exclamation to accept or not the Sidhe's gifts?

Why do they say it's not wise to accept gifts of the Sidhe, is it envy or some superstition? And I'm not talking about when in their realm to not drink or eat anything as you may never get to leave, perhaps more like in our dreams or wherever.........

Anyone met a faerie? and received a gift without any qualms?
Old 03-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Eriandiel

Personally, I wouldn't recommend trying to contact or interact with the Sidhe until you have mastered the art of their etiquette, as they are the most easily offended and powerful of all the Fae. They do not grade on a curve and rarely forgive lapses due to ignorance. It is never wise to say thank you to any faery as they are offended by any implication that they are our servants, but it is equally dangerous not to show proper gratitude when receiving a faery gift.

The best middle ground is to offer a gift for a gift without a verbal thank you, but with a compliment to what you received as well as speech offering your gift to them. It is believed that to eat or drink food from the Fae will trap you there forever so it’s best to avoid these items, and as well to remember that with faeries what you perceive is often illusion. Remember good manners are key with any of the Fae.

Eriandiel
Old 08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Knower

A gift may be a poisoned chalice, not quite what it seems. Or on a less sinister note, they have been known to give food or gold for services or goods given, only for it to turn to stone or ashes in daylight. As Eriandiel said, they are well versed in illusion
Old 09-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Dream Librarian

Their gift will reflect the state of your heart. If your intent is pure then so will their gift be.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Niebla0007

I do not see any harm in accepting anything from them if the contact is only through meditation or astral projection.
I see them, party with them, and play with them sometimes at the astral world.
The gift I have received melded on my hand which came with a message long enough to fit in a good sized scroll.

Yes, it is different story if you had been taken physically into their paths - which if ever this happens,
I doubt we'd be getting this question at all.
Because, you'd either come back after decades because their time doesn't necessarily align with ours in case of getting away without their blessing.
And if you have taken/eaten anything in their world, you will be stuck there indefinitely.

*But if you are only given a gift such as a golden branch or something to take with you and had been seen through on your way back to our world,
that gift would have charms and special properties attributed to you which you should be able to use.
And they don't give anything like that for no purpose. You should have at least been briefly told of it's purpose.
It should be similar to their gifts given to you at the astral world.
Whatever it is, treat it as a goodwill endowment signifying the relationship between you and them
not meant for only a keepsake or remembrance but something to work on.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Teiksma

Are sidhe like halfgods?
Old 10-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Dream Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiksma
Are sidhe like halfgods?

According to myth (as far as I understand it) they are Gods and Goddesses (or at least God-like). They are people of the Goddess Danu (the Tuatha Dé Danann). Though personally I find it unlikely that they would use the description Gods and Goddesses about themselves
Old 10-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Master
Here is the mythology of the Tuatha [source - Myths and Legends of the British Isles by Richard Barber]

" ...... the children of Bethach, who was the son of Iarbonel the Soothsayer, went into the northern islands of the world to learn Druidry, heathenism, and devilish knowledge, so that they were expert in every arte, and they returned to Ireland, and became the Tuatha de Danaan.
........ the Tuatha went into the Northern Isles, learning druidry and knowledge and prophecy and magic ........ There were four cities where they studied - Falias, Muirias, Goirias, and Findias. ......... They came into Ireland without vessels or barques, in dark clouds and by the might of druidry, and they landed on the mountains of Connaught .... they wrought a darkness over the sun for a space of three days and three nights ....... "

So, make you own mind up about the Tuatha. However, there is an alternative in the oral histories of Britain which implies that the Tuatha were a hybrid race resulting from interbreeding between The Spirits of Nature [The Green Men] and Man in the forests of mesolithic Britain.

Two choices. Which strikes a chord ?
Old 11-09-2013, 04:17 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansi
Why do they say it's not wise to accept gifts of the Sidhe, is it envy or some superstition? And I'm not talking about when in their realm to not drink or eat anything as you may never get to leave, perhaps more like in our dreams or wherever.........

Anyone met a faerie? and received a gift without any qualms?

The stories I've read have it that the gift is not as it seems. A midwife to a faerie, for example, was paid with a bag of coal. Scorning that payment, she threw it all away except for one lump with which they can show to others and demonstrate her complaints. The lump of coal became a precious jewel, the first time she tried to show it to someone.

And of course, if you get paid in fairy gold (leprechauns apparently being the exception) then it's bound to turn into dry leaves or something in the morning.

That's gifts as payment in exchange, though. Of course I'd be wary of any gift that somebody gave freely.

It could also be culture clash, like there are terms attached to the gift that the fae don't say because it should be obvious (except it isn't, like finishing up your food when you're a guest at someone's house could mean "this food is delicious" in one country or "you're so poor and inhospitable that I can finish a single serving and still be hungry" in another country.)
Old 11-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Dream Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Two choices. Which strikes a chord ?

One does not necessarily exclude the other, does it? Plus there are probably more choices and possibilities than those spoken and written.