Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-08-2023, 03:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Fear of eternal torture

I read Nietzsche I AM afraid everything repeats forever and everything is manifestation of god/consciousness (monism), and there is nothing we could do ever to change it. Biggest geniuses in history thought so: Nietzsche, Goethe, Schopenhauer, Schrodinger even nothing can be proven and these are one of hardest questions and we still know nothing, there is good evidence/arguments for this... It has name FELA, or apeirophobia, it is so INSANE there is not way anyone could even cope with something terrible as this... Life is terror/hell - wisdom of silenius... I have so much uncertainty about all painful deaths and tortures, i wish i could die just so i could see how much it hurts and had peace at least from uncertainty... But it is not possible... I choked to death once and went through even worse, but it can be always worse tho... I can't tolerate uncertainty it is torture for me...
Old 29-08-2023, 01:31 AM
Master

yeah i agree, uncertainty is awful. But certainty has its own problems... I suppose if I was left to eat as much as I want of that I would die... but yeah at least I wouldn't hurt so darned much if that happened... it is a really hard issue to have to deal with this. But the fact that you are awake enough to sense that there is an issue says a lot about you...
Old 29-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by empleat
Biggest geniuses in history thought so: Nietzsche, Goethe, Schopenhauer, Schrodinger even nothing can be proven and these are one of hardest questions and we still know nothing, there is good evidence/arguments for this...
These people may have been geniuses in the field of Western philosophy but that does not mean that they had the answers to life. If you want to base your life on the ideas of philosophers then why not study a philosophy such as Vedanta?

And then go within yourself and investigate the nature of your own Consciousness. You might discover that your true nature is unchanging peace and joy. Rest in your true nature and nothing else needs to be proven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by empleat
I have so much uncertainty about all painful deaths and tortures, i wish i could die just so i could see how much it hurts and had peace at least from uncertainty...
So you are afraid of the possibility of suffering and you suffer because of your fears. Your thoughts focus on suffering and you believe your thoughts, and so you suffer.

All your suffering is self-inflicted. No-one else is imposing these thoughts on you. Who would you be without these thoughts?

You are like someone banging your head against a brick wall and complaining how much it hurts. Change your beliefs, change your behaviour, and the pain will cease.

Peace
Old 29-08-2023, 07:37 PM
Administrator
I would agree with iamthat

Namaste
Old 30-08-2023, 03:47 AM
Master

Iamthat. Well said!
Old 31-08-2023, 04:49 AM
Pathfinder

I do not agree with Nietzsche but I can understand what he is wanting to say, or so I would like to believe.

I had thought about it for a little bit and I do mean a little but in the end to me it simply does not matter much to me but that is because how I tend to take things as I get older. While yes I have trauma but I firmly believe that the good out weights the bad and what is pepper with out salt?

Yes, I do lost myself from time to time but that is something of my nature being unstable and there is not too much that I can do to stop it but I can make myself a little more stable , which is why I came to this forum.

In the end it only matters if you view life as a bad thing , or so I believe.
Old 31-08-2023, 05:59 AM
Master
haha, yea. Nietzsche has that effect . I like the guy. He taught me not to be a 'slave'.
Old 03-09-2023, 02:35 AM
Seeker

There are a lot of theories on what happens after death...but... you will never know until it happens. Then it will be too late for you to tell anyone.
So, I simply do not worry about it.
All I know I have is today, and really just right now. Tomorrow, or this afternoon, are not guaranteed. Death is not a concern. One day it will happen, but I have no time to waste worrying about it.

My goal is to live a good life. If life goes on, maybe being good will help in the next round. If there is nothing after, at least I left the world better than I found it. ��
Old 03-09-2023, 07:07 AM
Master
Its all really very simple. To get rid of uncertainty learn how to live in the moment. What other people talk about is their perspective but that does not have to influence your perspective. The longest journey is between the head/mind (duality) and the heart (non-duality). By heart I mean the core of our being deep within our ability to feel beyond words and thoughts; beyond pros and cons, beyond compare and contrast.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:04 PM
Administrator
So true I agree

Namaste