Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 29-12-2017, 03:33 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
cuz its difficult to not look like your peers and be deemed pretty if its like a facial thing or you are dealing with missing parts of your body? or it just sucks to have any deformity in general? am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Viewed solely as a question of making life more challenging or difficult, sure it sucks. Who wants to be the ugly duckling or the one that seems weird?

But as someone else mentioned, some who have these challenges not only manage with them, but excel in life. Their difficulty not only doesn't stop them, it makes them stronger. If you believe in "fate" or "destiny" or "life plans" perhaps that was the lesson spirit wanted to learn - how to persevere and power through and overcome.

It is also possible that a child with defects/challenges is born to force their family to learn lessons about patience, strength, and love. Or to teach others, even strangers, to look beyond the surface of a person.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for those who are born with the cards stacked against them. But I always temper that with wondering what the lessons are, and who the lessons are for.
Old 29-12-2017, 05:00 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
Viewed solely as a question of making life more challenging or difficult, sure it sucks. Who wants to be the ugly duckling or the one that seems weird?

But as someone else mentioned, some who have these challenges not only manage with them, but excel in life. Their difficulty not only doesn't stop them, it makes them stronger. If you believe in "fate" or "destiny" or "life plans" perhaps that was the lesson spirit wanted to learn - how to persevere and power through and overcome.

It is also possible that a child with defects/challenges is born to force their family to learn lessons about patience, strength, and love. Or to teach others, even strangers, to look beyond the surface of a person.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for those who are born with the cards stacked against them. But I always temper that with wondering what the lessons are, and who the lessons are for.

makes sense. thanks
Old 29-12-2017, 06:12 AM
Master

Quote:
To restate: why do you think bad things happen to good people? How do you rationalize this?

As always, interested in reading your viewpoints :)

It would be interesting to know just how you know that people are 'good or 'bad'. How do you judge that?
Old 29-12-2017, 02:59 PM
traceyacey12

people that don't do anything to harm people vs. people that rape and murder?
Old 29-12-2017, 02:59 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It would be interesting to know just how you know that people are 'good or 'bad'. How do you judge that?

see above, sorry
Old 29-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Master
i try 2 do gud

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 30-12-2017, 06:11 AM
Master

Quote:
people that don't do anything to harm people vs. people that rape and murder?

Yes, I realise that. But how do you know if your neighbour really is a 'good' person. Until you know him/her you cannot judge. Rape or murder aren't the only 'bad' things we do, there are plenty of others. Lots of people hide things. There are no limits to our responsibilities, poisoning the air with our cars is a bad thing to do - that's my point - where do you draw the line and how do you know...
Old 31-12-2017, 10:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, I realise that. But how do you know if your neighbour really is a 'good' person. Until you know him/her you cannot judge. Rape or murder aren't the only 'bad' things we do, there are plenty of others. Lots of people hide things. There are no limits to our responsibilities, poisoning the air with our cars is a bad thing to do - that's my point - where do you draw the line and how do you know...

There are different degrees in either direction. The Bible though says the truth point blank...
"For ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
This has to do with time and space, and this animal/mammal situation in which we find ourselves.
For once there was unity, involving the angelic situation.
The fact that salvation, or rescue is necessary, also is indication.
You shouldn't fool yourself, Bus.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-01-2018, 12:08 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:

True... its a cliche question I was looking an answer to... I don't know the answer either.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
There are different degrees in either direction. The Bible though says the truth point blank...
"For ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
This has to do with time and space, and this animal/mammal situation in which we find ourselves.
For once there was unity, involving the angelic situation.
The fact that salvation, or rescue is necessary, also is indication.
You shouldn't fool yourself, Bus.

I understand your POV Morpheus, but as you know I can't see it like you do. I certainly have 'sinned' in my life but I'm sure I wasn't born as a 'sinner'. I surely have done some 'bad' things, nothing grave but sufficient to cause my conscience to disturb my sleep. But this is normal - assuming we only have one life as most people assume there is/are no warning experience(s) to fall back on. Often the mere fact that the neighbour's grass is greener is enough to warrant a 'bad' decision. (or a 'good' one). I was born illegitimate as it was then called. Out of wedlock as some would say. Then comes 'the sins of the fathers' and so on. I know how my mother suffered (mainly, I can say, at the hands of so-called Christians who in their superior self-satisfaction looked upon her as a slu t) so I still suffer with her today although she died 50 years ago. But I've had a super life, thanks to her short-fused decision to follow her desires, I've always been healthy and active and so it still is today. But I would never think of my loving, caring, self-denying mother as having 'sinned' - that would be disgusting.

The original question was - why do bad things happen to good people. In my opinion and as I understand the world each of us is responsible for his or her own actions. So results follow. (Karma maybe) Most of the time we have no concept of what our actions will lead to, we are like swirls of energy stagnating or rushing down a river. Only when we reach the ocean and merge into Oneness (I can tell you from my own experience that 'Everything is One') can we benefit this Oneness by adding our own life's experience to it.

Life runs its course on a middle path. We can go left or right - it's up to us. It's our choice, no-one is waving a whip.