Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 08-09-2016, 02:05 AM
Suspended

LOA doesn't appear valid

Were the 200,000 tsunami victims all wishing to drown?

Were the 6 million holocaust victims all hoping to be shot/gassed?

Or does LOA only work when you want some nice material possession?
Old 08-09-2016, 02:33 AM
Newbie ;)

It works in according with one believe not what one wish, are you sure you want the real answer to this question? because maybe you will feel offended.

When this question is answered peoples normally act shocked.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:33 AM
Newbie ;)

It works in according with one believe not what one wish, are you sure you want the real answer to this question? because maybe you will feel offended.

When this question is answered peoples normally act shocked.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:36 AM
Suspended

I won't feel offended, and I am sure you can makeup some unsatisfactory answer to attempt to make it work.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:57 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStar
I won't feel offended, and I am sure you can makeup some unsatisfactory answer to attempt to make it work.

You are entitled to your opinion, and the question you raise regarding tragedies that occur is a worthy one. But I wonder at the action you've taken by posting "..you can make up some unsatisfactory answer.." - rather the need to post this particular statement, which is meant to be insulting.

I see judgment as a rather low-hanging-fruit way to build self worth at the expense of other's. There seems to be a question or two you should be asking yourself vs this message board.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:34 AM
Suspended

Your non-answer is quite telling. I have been a teacher in various fields and never once feared a question.

I have witnessed all kinds of rationalizations for religious and cult beliefs; so mere words mean little. Every one of them has "escape clauses" when things do not work as claimed.

But here is the bottom line: truth can withstand any scrutiny, can it not?
Old 08-09-2016, 08:44 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStar
Were the 200,000 tsunami victims all wishing to drown?

Were the 6 million holocaust victims all hoping to be shot/gassed?

Or does LOA only work when you want some nice material possession?

Asking questions about such things is to be admired. Too many people new to "spirituality" come into it because they've latched on to some new age thing and treat it as gospel.

LOA works sometimes for some people wanting to do some thing. It's pretty limited. It can also lead to questionable morality (of which I'll lead you to a particular thread if you like (and if I can find it).

It isn't a law in the physics sense. The outcome can't always be predicted. It was popularised in the 19th century by a theosophist who, in spite of her contribution to spirituality, was finally summed up as a fraud. Other authors/ pseudo-gurus have taken it up spotting the commercial opportunity. There are plenty of (vulnerable) people out there who'd LOVE to feel better - they are the prey.

It's better looked on as a way of thinking but it's far from the only way.

You want to be a brain surgeon, a rocket scientist, an internationally famous artist? You'd be hard pressed to make it work unless you're already in the field. You want to lose or gain weight it may work if you're persistent. You want to change features on your face, it won't but it might lead you to a surgeon who can fix it for you.

So bear in mind those limitations and, as others have explained, the focus of the thing. It can't stop natural disasters. It might put you out of the way of harm.

Affirmations and visualisation are where it's at (in just my opinion). They too have limitations but can be useful. People who seem successful in their lives are natural affirmers. They've developed enough single-mindedness to pursue their aims without specific awareness of their affirming. We, though, can borrow their technique to achieve change in our lives.

Point is, stay practical. Keep your feet on the ground.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Newbie ;)

Misconception

I understand your way of thinking I really do. But here is what I believe about the law of attraction. Using the law of attraction to get what you want is simply to change your beliefs and take actions based on beliefs and attitudes that align with your desire. So if you want to be a millionaire, ask yourself: what mindset did all of todays millionaires have before they became millionaires? If you want to find a soulmate, be soulmate material. But on a global scale, the collective vibration that the world had pre-world war 1 and 2 was what led to the eventual annihilation of jews, so it was a collective vibration, not that every individual jew wanted to get killed by nazies nor that they did anything wrong. In the same way of thinking the deaths of tsunamies is the result of the world collectives vibration that mistreats the environment and planet earth, so that is how I look at it atleast. I hope this helps
Old 08-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmatt
I understand your way of thinking I really do. But here is what I believe about the law of attraction. Using the law of attraction to get what you want is simply to change your beliefs and take actions based on beliefs and attitudes that align with your desire. So if you want to be a millionaire, ask yourself: what mindset did all of todays millionaires have before they became millionaires? If you want to find a soulmate, be soulmate material. But on a global scale, the collective vibration that the world had pre-world war 1 and 2 was what led to the eventual annihilation of jews, so it was a collective vibration, not that every individual jew wanted to get killed by nazies nor that they did anything wrong. In the same way of thinking the deaths of tsunamies is the result of the world collectives vibration that mistreats the environment and planet earth, so that is how I look at it atleast. I hope this helps

Speaking of financial abundance. I heard a strange and interesting definition of abundance the other day.

Abundance - The ability to do what you need to do, when you need to do it.

So in order to have abundance, you must take action towards that which you desire. If LOA is real, then setting the intention is only the first half of the process, you have to take action and put in work too. Things don't just fall into your lap. If you do take the necessary actions, you probably won't be disappointed. Also patience pays off, because you never know when it's going to drop in, it could be much much later in your life.

I can see both sides, because when I first learned LOA, I thought the same thing.... That it doesn't work!
BUT, later on after I met my TF, I started trying it again, wrote down all my goals, and many have come true, and are still coming true, as long as I reach out and grab it when the opportunity arises.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Master

@ShootingStar LOA responds to your vibration, not your wishes or hopes for the future. You have to put yourself in the vibrational aptitude of what you wish or hope for in order for it to happen. If you live in a vibrational state of absence of well-being, then that is what you will draw to you. So those victims were a victim of their own lack of well-being no matter how much they wished or hoped it to be otherwise. Were there not also survivors, like people who "miracules" avoid these events? Sure there was!

Deliberate creators rejoice in the presence of their vibrational manifestation, thus the physical one is bound to happen. That is law if you ask LOA haha