Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 08-04-2016, 10:56 AM
Deactivated Account

Channeling Emotion/Empathy Reading?

Question for veteran empaths/energy readers. Have you ever felt the emotion of someone when doing a reading?

I was playing with my Orcles a few days ago. They are Life lesson oracles, and they are the cards that work best for me. I was sitting quietly on the floor, meditation style like the dainty woman that I am. I had a white candle burning in front of me. I felt very peaceful and I was doing one card readings for myself for practice. I blessed my cards and I asked a question about an individual I am not in contact with. A simple straight question, " what does this person feel/think about me today". The card I pulled out was a neutral one, it could have been "Balance". I thought nothing and closed my eyes and continued to shuffle my cards in peaceful state. Within seconds of that question, something a little kooky happened. My homes heating system made a huge loud electric "CLICK" sound. In the exact moment the CLICK sound went off, I was struck with the most intense tooth ache I have EVER had. The sound of the Click and my tooth ache was in sync with each other. It was grossly painful that I fell to my back and I ended up kicking the candle in front of me to the floor. The moment felt a bit chaotic. I picked the candle up. However, I was in intense pain for about 15-20 minutes. Just contractual intense moaning pain. Mind, the dentist said I needed a root canal on that tooth, but it was never in pain before until that moment. It's also been a few days later and I haven't felt pain in that tooth, despite eating sweets.

So my question is:

A. Did I channel or feel that persons emotion?

b. Was there an external force, entity that interfered with the reading

c. Just take your sorry butt to the dentist

Obliviously, C is the logic choice. However, I am playing with energy and divinity here. So, just wondering if anyone has felt pain within themselves from doing a reading. Is this common in readings. I tried researching on information and I haven't found much on empathy reading?
Old 08-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Master

Ah, welcome to the club. We all bring certain skills to the table - Pisces Moon hears voices, I see things that no-one else sees etc I consider it more clairaudio/clairvoyance etc rather than true empathy (eg clairaudio = "clear hearing" - there'll be a version for sensation too, it might be clairkinesthesia or something)

This is also why my approach to tarot is #whatarerules. Because sometimes your intuition delivers - and it might not have anything to do with the question (I feel like this is my intuition's way of "confirming" that we have a link). Of course, if you feel the pain again it might be worth seeing a dentist :)

I've never really felt severe pain when doing a reading, but sometimes I will feel... I dunno, a buzz or my attention will be drawn to a particular part of the body. This is why I usually start my readings with an asterisk and random spiel about anything I sensed before/during/after the reading, because this may sometimes have meaning for the querent, or give extra information re: the reading you're about to give.

The more practice you get (remember to re-ground yourself between readings) the more often your intuition kicks in, which is awesome :)
Old 08-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Master
options a and b seem incorrect.
the pull you had made was completely out of alignment with the ensuing drama.
(which occurred afterword, hence no "interference")

see the dentist
Old 08-04-2016, 12:29 PM
55Degrees

Option D, all of the above could have been likely.

I've experienced feeling someone's emotional trauma just a few times in my reading life. Won't go into details but each time it was overwhelming and devestatingly difficult to deal with, as it was the 'emotion' of someone no longer living. Where it came from I have no idea, but took a while to get my head around.

I'm with tealily on this, tarot #whatarerules.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Ah, welcome to the club. We all bring certain skills to the table - Pisces Moon hears voices, I see things that no-one else sees etc I consider it more clairaudio/clairvoyance etc rather than true empathy (eg clairaudio = "clear hearing" - there'll be a version for sensation too, it might be clairkinesthesia or something)

Hey there. Ah.. I think the word Clairvoyance was the word I needed to look into. I was struggling to find the right terminology that resonated with the experience.

Quote:
This is also why my approach to tarot is #whatarerules. Because sometimes your intuition delivers - and it might not have anything to do with the question (I feel like this is my intuition's way of "confirming" that we have a link). Of course, if you feel the pain again it might be worth seeing a dentist :)

Excellent point. Mind, I did not do a 3 card or full spread on the person. It was a card that could have been interpreted a number of different ways. If we are basing this on intuitiveness, I am aware that I have caused/or hurt this person in some form. I was leaning more into seeing if the person was OK.

Quote:
I've never really felt severe pain when doing a reading, but sometimes I will feel... I dunno, a buzz or my attention will be drawn to a particular part of the body. This is why I usually start my readings with an asterisk and random spiel about anything I sensed before/during/after the reading, because this may sometimes have meaning for the querent, or give extra information re: the reading you're about to give.

The more practice you get (remember to re-ground yourself between readings) the more often your intuition kicks in, which is awesome :)

Great tips as usual. I recognize intuition plays a big role in the readings, and I would testify that your really good with that skill. I am in the process of trying to trust myself in that.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
options a and b seem incorrect.
the pull you had made was completely out of alignment with the ensuing drama.
(which occurred afterword, hence no "interference")

see the dentist

Fair assessment and my logic mind agrees with this.

I am going to veto the dentist because there is no pain and I don't want too anyways lol

Old 08-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Option D, all of the above could have been likely.

I've experienced feeling someone's emotional trauma just a few times in my reading life. Won't go into details but each time it was overwhelming and devestatingly difficult to deal with, as it was the 'emotion' of someone no longer living. Where it came from I have no idea, but took a while to get my head around.

I'm with tealily on this, tarot #whatarerules.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:15 AM
Master

Just googled - Clairsentinence ("clear" + "feeling") might be the word you're looking for (in case you like fancy words)

According to this same (and obviously extremely trustworthy, since on the internet) website, clairscent (clear-smelling) and clairgustation (clear-tasting) are also things.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Fair assessment and my logic mind agrees with this.

I am going to veto the dentist because there is no pain and I don't want too anyways lol

Don't do that... If there does need to be a root canal, and pain was felt like that, that could lead to an abscess, and those can be very nasty, and cause toxins to invade the body.

I've been in that shoe, where it caused a severe pain, that stayed for a few days, before suddenly disappearing. And was pain free for years, before getting a root canal, after learning how bad it actually was, when an abscess finally hit it.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Don't do that... If there does need to be a root canal, and pain was felt like that, that could lead to an abscess, and those can be very nasty, and cause toxins to invade the body.

I've been in that shoe, where it caused a severe pain, that stayed for a few days, before suddenly disappearing. And was pain free for years, before getting a root canal, after learning how bad it actually was, when an abscess finally hit it.