Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 18-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Kapitan_Prien

.....*laughs*
Old 21-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Summerkat

In regards to what Matthew says about pagans counting prayers. Years ago I heard a saying that goes, "In order to create a new religion you have to make a devil out of the old one." And I think this is a good example. The new Christian religion was trying to convert and in order to do that they had to knock the old religion.
Old 21-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Summerkat

Shadow Wolf you're very welcome. If you decide to make your own beads lots of the arts & crafts stores sell nice beads. And you can always string them on something like dental floss if you want to just keep it simple --thats what I did do to limited budget. Just double the strand of floss and it will hold up good. Kapitan's beads sound really lovely --fancier than mine :)
Old 29-02-2012, 12:36 PM
andriakalvi

The topic under discussion is very interesting. Some of the earliest artifacts and interpreted are sacred for beads. This was an idea that held great potential. It seemed like a spiritual technique that was sensuous beauty and of integrated weaving spirit . I would like to thank the members of the forum for promoting the post.

rosary beads,silver rosary beads
Old 29-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Tanith

Late Shinto practice also developed the use of a sort of prayer beads.

(I say late only because I do not know if the early Shinto priests and priestesses employed them, and I am not quite sure when it started. The earliest my mind can think is probably Nara? But without looking it up I cannot be sure)

It is interesting to me how religions of old, with no direct coorellation to one another, created or developped such similar practices. In any event, Shinto is incredibly old and virtually dead now, but priests and priestesses and monks used different sorts of prayer beads for various rituals as well.

I myself do not find much use for them, as they do remind me very much of Catholic practice. I thought of making a bracelet with beads one time to represent the colors of the god/goddess but I thought it would look too much like a Christian prayer bead bracelet and did not want to worry about getting into that with curious and possibly closed minds :)

Perhaps in the future I will make a few each pertaining to a specific deity but for now, for my practice, I shall wait.
Old 29-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Dragonfhain

I have never even seen prayer beads in real life lol
But I have wanted some for ages!!! But Pagan prayer beads I find that really interesting...