Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 30-01-2020, 12:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
The very first Aboriginal Elder I was fortunate to meet spoke in such a very quiet voice and with such deep respect that he was like a ‘hypnotist’, who made you very relaxed … and before you knew it you had shifted into silent non-dual communication with him.

That is what the absence of a dual wall does.

The High Lamas who visited Central Australia did not fail to recognize this, so they stressed it over and over again, that we should learn from these local Elders first and foremost:
https://www.creativespirits.info/abo...tening-dadirri

P.S. One of the things you didn’t mention in your list:

Is that once one renunciates … one really starts to lose interest in comparing oneself to others …

Non dual communication is without interference. So that means ‘we’ are not in the way.

If one is truly residing in their ‘emptiness’ there is nothing in the way of deeper connection. Both to self and others.

In what your sharing about the aboriginal elder you met, some might call ‘his’ way’ as a ‘divine communion’..
Old 30-01-2020, 01:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Non dual communication is without interference. So that means ‘we’ are not in the way.

If one is truly residing in their ‘emptiness’ there is nothing in the way of deeper connection. Both to self and others.
Yep.
Or perhaps one could say, duality transcended by primordial space - which is impersonal and yet excruciatingly intimate (= the paradoxicality of it).

Quote:
In what your sharing about the aboriginal elder you met, some might call ‘his’ way’ as a ‘divine communion’..
He demonstrated that too .... (i.e. how Shunyata as non-duality can lead to the development of the so called 'Siddhis').

Thought of making this my new signature, but the present one could perhaps be likened to 'renunciation':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GtZpQVU-Y

Old 30-01-2020, 02:33 AM
Master
My personal history grievance:

In Alice, I used to go to listen to the bush bands at the Gap View Hotel:
https://www.themonthly.com.au/sites/...?itok=aygkm4UL

Apart from staff – it seemed I was always the only “white” there.
If other “whites” saw me enter – they would have this horrified look in their eyes and they’d tell me:
“You are in grave danger – you just don’t know what you are dealing with mixing with the blacks”.

This also is true and I thoroughly understood their well-intended concerns for my wellbeing – but what they did not understand was that my gran was “black” and my 2 partners (passed away now) had been Aboriginal.

And not only was my gran 'black' – but she was also the “dumb black Lapp” – i.e. she had never even developed a proper ego despite my grandfather’s best efforts to educate her in the art of “Western thought with tickets on yourself”.
To those “tickets” she would laugh so hard – tears would run down her eyes, because the only way she knew was how to live (non-dually) in connection to everything.

And my colour never was an issue at the Gap. Even though our colours & cultures were/are different – still I went there to “touch base” and to “remember who I am” beyond all the surface stuff.

And people you talk to would say: "I know what you are talking about here".
And I knew ….that they knew ….that I knew … that they knew ….. etc.
What a blooming relief it was to go there and communicate without the dual barrier one is usually constantly – like forced to conform into and endlessly needing to deal with.

If some Aboriginals had had this horrified look in their eyes and told me:
“You are in grave danger – you just don’t know what you are dealing with mixing with the whites”.
From within …. I would have had to agree …. I do not fully comprehend nor trust ‘them’. & That is my core belief (as a reverse coconut - they i.e. ego cannot undestand non-duality)

Their ego-competitive nature used to totally freak me out and give me a lot of panic-attacks.
But thanks to ‘Buddhism’ – I think I understand where ‘they’ are coming from - a bit better.

Old 30-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Yep.
Or perhaps one could say, duality transcended by primordial space - which is impersonal and yet excruciatingly intimate (= the paradoxicality of it).

He demonstrated that too ....

Thought of making this my new signature, but the present one could perhaps be likened to 'renunciation':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GtZpQVU-Y

I like how you describe it.

The article you posted previously has a beautiful resonation in feeling and understanding for me.
Old 30-01-2020, 03:09 AM
Master
JustBe I know ….that you know ….that 'we' know ….. etc.

Old 30-01-2020, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:
The moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too.
All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favour all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way.
Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it.
By William Hutchison Murray?

This quote.

It reminds me of being completely supported by life. It is where the magic happens.

This thread seems to be moving closer to the grass roots of the self as it’s own dependent origination.

Listening deep and moving close to our ‘origins’.

And within the oneness of all life, those origins are far outreaching as they are reached from within.
Old 30-01-2020, 11:24 PM
Master
Quote:
This quote.

It reminds me of being completely supported by life. It is where the magic happens.

This thread seems to be moving closer to the grass roots of the self as it’s own dependent origination.

Listening deep and moving close to our ‘origins’.

And within the oneness of all life, those origins are far outreaching as they are reached from within.

Would another way of saying that be (?):
That which one surrenders to, becomes ‘magnetized’ into one’s Reality ….. and one realizes the energy beyond/behind interconnectedness ...

Old 31-01-2020, 01:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Would another way of saying that be (?):
That which one surrenders to, becomes ‘magnetized’ into one’s Reality ….. and one realizes the energy beyond/behind interconnectedness ...

That would fit perfectly.

I have a question for you sentient.

How would you describe full surrender?
Old 31-01-2020, 03:34 PM
Deactivated Account

I'd say it is important to let one's experience be their guide. There are many ways "teachings" can be interpreted. Some lead to bad experiences or ways to be and experience. Also, everyone's lives and experiences are vastly different from each other. So everyone should follow their own way and don't compare it to others. Whatever you are "doing" or "holding" or choosing as far as religion or philosophy, it should make you feel happier, lighter, more at peace and lead to more peace no matter what one encounters externally. So one should appear nicer, less reactive, kinder, less judgmental to others.

For me, I have no interest in "more" interpretations or better, best, or referring to things as simple, beginner, starting etc. No interest in these kinds of interpretations that judge oneself or others. Like stating or thinking about how "enlightened" we are or others are. I don't accept these interpretations at all in anyway.

Like I say, teachings can be interpreted in many different ways and the way we interpret things and think about things, how we conceptualize things, have vast effects on how we experience and express and view things.

As far as "what is there" in something like Buddhism, it is completely open to individual interpretation. Take the "we already are it, or have it" teachings. This idea exists in various places within the teachings. The dusty mirror Zen metaphor. We are like a dusty mirror seeking a "perfect" reflection or experience. But there is nothing to change as far as what we are. The dust we cling to prevents a good reflection of what is here, a good "reflection" of what we are, a delusion based experience. The dust is blown away by self understanding, or perhaps better said, the dust is created by falsely identifying with a particular kind of thought in this current moment. In this view, "enlightenment" is nothing more than being free of this false identification, so being at peace within and without, presenting and experiencing, percieving and expressing more of what we are under the "dust." Nothing is "bigger" or more important than this simple thing. And one can be "enlightened" , experience and project and "be" this peace or love for only 30 seconds a week. It doesn't matter to anyone but us how able we are to find this thing. It is nobody's business but our own. Well it effects those around us and the world, so it does matter, but it's our destiny, our karma.

As far as these ideas about some "master" or some idea about an advanced person who cares? It has no importance to me. We are where we are. Everyone is incarnating for their own purposes and learning and experiencing what they are supposed to. Some are new beings some ancient. So never compare oneself to others. We find inner and outer peace, that's the highest. We are all already perfect in every way. It's just a matter of us learning how to be creators of peace and love. Making the best of whatever each moment contains.
Old 31-01-2020, 03:46 PM
Deactivated Account

The static comes in slow
You can feel it grow
Our stream of conscience flows
Under the streets below

The static comes alive
Beneath the broken skies
John Perkins said it right
Love is the final fight

Let it rise above
Rise above