Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 09-07-2020, 11:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Thank you and I did find it.

Suppression as to your hurts and fears. You open chakras by clearing out obstructions, you can't do that by suppressing things.

As one progresses along the path one starts to feel energy from others, shared issues hitting them. Over time that energy can feel really, really good. Sexual energy hitting you without you thinking about anything. You have to learn how to deal with that energy, with that feeling. Some people love it and want more of it. Some hate it and will do anything to try to make it stop.

If you have opened your 3rd eye that sexual feeling from the energy will translate into sexual images.

This is the stage where you get a lot of bad gurus.

It's about the energy. If you are using it for sex and a lot of people do you are getting lost in the playground and have wondered off the path a bit.

As one progresses you will have to deal with the sexual aspect. I have yet to met anyone who has progressed to certain stages that hasn't experienced it. I will say that the super sexual feeling is a stage and with continued practice it does change. When used properly they can be very powerful practices which is why you see consort practices (esoteric) in so many traditions.

Could you say what it has changed into for you?
Old 10-07-2020, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Could you say what it has changed into for you?

Energy changed to increasing silence, space and clarity.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:12 PM
Master
Tantra and Sex …. What it means to me ….

But let’s start from the beginning – from the yearning to be united with the Beloved (I chose this video for its words and that specific piece of music):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojn0pBem954

……. “Love comes to you of its own accord” …

Quote:
I said to my soul, be still and wait without hope, for hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love, for love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith, but the faith and the love are all in the waiting. Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought: So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.
~ T.S. Eliot

In order to understand the dance one must be still. And in order to truly understand stillness one must dance.
~ Rumi

Dancing to get closer to ‘God’ ….. and at some point, this yearning becomes more passionate as one ascends …. or as one's one pointed meditation deepens ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWKAHtbU6eo

At this point one may find a physical lover. Or a long distance lover with whom there is a nondual connection. Oooor?
This opens the Heart Chakra fully. Longing to be united brings in the breathing …. and before you know it - the winds start entering your Central Channel.

In my experience – having had a taste of it – this feels like dying.

Quote:
Lama Yeshe – The Bliss of Inner Fire

Success in inner fire meditation causes all the winds to first enter the central channel, then stabilize, and finally absorb there.

It is common for meditators to be afraid that they are dying when they first experience absorption of the energies. The sinking of the four elements has a negative connotation because it is normally followed by death, and we don’t want anything to do with death, do we? But the yogi or yogini brings that experience into the here and now and transforms it into something blissful.
Quote:
https://www.hayagriva.org.au/wheel-o...death-process/

At the fifth dissolution, the gross forms of consciousness have ceased and the subtle forms are revealed. All gross conceptuality is left behind. The internal appearance is of radiant white sky. The white “drop” that has come from the father and has remained at the crown, begins to come down the central channel towards the heart centre. This is the vision of the radiant white sky, like a clear dawn sky pervaded by the whiteness of the moon.

Sixth dissolution: Now the red “drop” obtained from our mother, which has remained at about the level of the navel, begins to rise up the central channel towards the heart and one experiences the radiant red sky, like a clear sunset sky that is pervaded by the redness of the sun.

Seventh dissolution: The drops move towards the heart centre where the extremely subtle combination of wind-energy and consciousness resides and on reaching it, the drops enclose it between them. One then experiences the vision of the radiant black sky, complete blackness, and all thought stops.

Eighth dissolution:
As one starts to become conscious again, the “clear light of death” manifests. This appears as a clear, luminous, vacuum-like, empty sky – a completely clear, open, radiant vacuity. For those who have trained in coming to an understanding of emptiness, it is at this moment that one uses this understanding, seeing this open vacuity not as empty space, but as the emptiness of the object of negation. It is at this time that one can gain a deep realization of emptiness and comprehend the true nature of reality. In the clear light experience, there is no sensation of colour. One is experiencing a very subtle object with an extremely subtle mind. Unless there is some disturbance to the corpse, like cremation, one can abide in that clear light state for two or three days or longer. Even if one knew nothing about emptiness, it is possible to abide in this state for some time.
When Inner Fire starts to blaze it is a kind of Razors Edge situation … and Cool as a cucumber - one has become a Zero point …
Quote:
Lama Yeshe:
Experience intense superawareness of nonduality. Go into the zero of emotional objects, the zero of grasping objects, and the zero of unkindness objects. Touch this fundamental reality and feel truth. It is more real than your usual crowded, fanatical concepts. Let go, so that the space of zero is full of wisdom, full of love, and full of joy.

To become the dance as well as the tuneless tune of the Universe is to be the Stillness - Zero point - and “radiance” shines through everything as direct inner knowing …..

Soooooo ….. The “Tantric Sex” partner may appear – when the winds are ripe to enter the Central Channel …. to facilitate this ….. or it may not be necessary ….

And I would be extremely sceptical and careful about anybody claiming to be such a partner, especially on forum boards … wanting to ‘merge’ or ‘shaktipat’ – whatever …..

Old 10-07-2020, 09:12 PM
Master
Energy

Whilst I agree with Lama Yeshe .... the Central Channel - the Inner Fire – the union of Male/Female Essences hot red sun cold white moon etc. etc. etc.

And whilst one needs to be grounded in the body (not dissociating) … I’m still wondering a bit, why do people always make the mystery, the energy be about the body only – as if it represented Totality?:
https://mk0buddhaweeklyqoftb.kinstac...sm-768x998.jpg

……. and not what the subtle energy body witnesses within this Totality …. because that is what our Old Folk ever talked about ….
This image is from another thread in Paganism forum:
https://dmt.vision/media/shamans/img...op_upscale.jpg

In Shamanism you always tune into Totality first … so that you become Totality (of the forest) as well as a part of it …. i.e. simultaneous awareness of 2 dimensions …. plus the 3rd; - the Energy between Sky and Earth …

I guess it is because Buddhism is focused on the practice – whereas in Shamanism the scenes, the adventures, the experiences of the subtle phenomena (as energy or ‘Spirit’ manifestations) is focused on more …

The 'Vajra' (Thunderbolt), symbolises the Absolute. The Thunderbolt penetrates awareness beyond time and space …..

My apologies for ‘cultural appropriation’ here, but to me this is the best illustration of “Spiritual Awakening” …. When the Lightning hits you.

This is Energy:
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/4a/9e/b8/4...eld-museum.jpg

Old 11-07-2020, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Tantra and Sex …. What it means to me ….

But let’s start from the beginning – from the yearning to be united with the Beloved (I chose this video for its words and that specific piece of music):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojn0pBem954

……. “Love comes to you of its own accord” …

Dancing to get closer to ‘God’ ….. and at some point, this yearning becomes more passionate as one ascends …. or as one's one pointed meditation deepens ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWKAHtbU6eo

At this point one may find a physical lover. Or a long distance lover with whom there is a nondual connection. Oooor?
This opens the Heart Chakra fully. Longing to be united brings in the breathing …. and before you know it - the winds start entering your Central Channel.

In my experience – having had a taste of it – this feels like dying.

When Inner Fire starts to blaze it is a kind of Razors Edge situation … and Cool as a cucumber - one has become a Zero point …

To become the dance as well as the tuneless tune of the Universe is to be the Stillness - Zero point - and “radiance” shines through everything as direct inner knowing …..

Soooooo ….. The “Tantric Sex” partner may appear – when the winds are ripe to enter the Central Channel …. to facilitate this ….. or it may not be necessary ….

And I would be extremely sceptical and careful about anybody claiming to be such a partner, especially on forum boards … wanting to ‘merge’ or ‘shaktipat’ – whatever …..

One can think of consort practices like flowing water.

Normal energy practices is like a stream. Tummo is like flowing stream of energy flowing through you. Consort practices is like a raging river flowing through you in comparison of the power.

Merging is becoming one with. If sex is on your mind your not merging. Shaktipat shouldn’t be about sex but one could feel the energy from such a transmission that way. How you feel it is on you.

Most people just do a bunch of astral sex stuff which is far from consort practices as taught in Buddhism.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Energy

Whilst I agree with Lama Yeshe .... the Central Channel - the Inner Fire – the union of Male/Female Essences hot red sun cold white moon etc. etc. etc.

And whilst one needs to be grounded in the body (not dissociating) … I’m still wondering a bit, why do people always make the mystery, the energy be about the body only – as if it represented Totality?:
https://mk0buddhaweeklyqoftb.kinstac...sm-768x998.jpg

……. and not what the subtle energy body witnesses within this Totality …. because that is what our Old Folk ever talked about ….
This image is from another thread in Paganism forum:
https://dmt.vision/media/shamans/img...op_upscale.jpg

In Shamanism you always tune into Totality first … so that you become Totality (of the forest) as well as a part of it …. i.e. simultaneous awareness of 2 dimensions …. plus the 3rd; - the Energy between Sky and Earth …

I guess it is because Buddhism is focused on the practice – whereas in Shamanism the scenes, the adventures, the experiences of the subtle phenomena (as energy or ‘Spirit’ manifestations) is focused on more …

The 'Vajra' (Thunderbolt), symbolises the Absolute. The Thunderbolt penetrates awareness beyond time and space …..

My apologies for ‘cultural appropriation’ here, but to me this is the best illustration of “Spiritual Awakening” …. When the Lightning hits you.

This is Energy:
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/4a/9e/b8/4...eld-museum.jpg

It all depends on the view.

Is meditation about the practice or something more? Depends on where you are in your practices.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
It all depends on the view.

Is meditation about the practice or something more? Depends on where you are in your practices.
I’m not really criticizing here – they are different approaches leading to the same thing.

In Taoist alchemy – I trust Inner Fire is referred to as Cauldron or Furnace.
One can present it like this … with the ‘how to’ practices and call that ‘energy’:
https://karate-blog.net/wp-content/u...3-dan-tian.jpg

Oooor one can present it like this and call the 'summoned' Dragon ‘energy’:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...fxtxQ&usqp=CAU

… because deal with the Dragon one then must.

Is it happening Inside of you – or Outside of you – same difference just how you approach it.

I prefer Inner Fire expressed like this, because that is how it feels like and how one sees it with the inner eye (& I trust here the Asian Turkic cultural … innate/subconscious symbols have consciously been entered into the Buddhist imagery (to deal with):
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/67/f0...f9aee7e30e.jpg

Old 12-07-2020, 03:27 AM
Master

A thing about practices ... any practice ... useful no doubt but perhaps we must specifically consider discarding it as we do a tripod on a bicycle, once we learn to balance without employing conscious thought.

The aspect of visualisation too ... useful to prompt us single pointedly with unwavering focus inwards but if we hold onto the visual, then perhaps we self block or limit the actual depth of offered experience.

Likewise, the concern to ascend, to get to an imagined state of consciousness, in my view is self defeating, since it involves a limited mind-body striving & seeking. Instead, simply sitting ... looking ... allowing ... an ever present orientation receptive to surprise in simplistic innocence optimises both imbibing as well as assimilating higher octaves of vibration.

In all honesty, whatever be our own experiences, have they not been far more wondrous than imagined prior to the happening? Also, has not the experience happened spontaneously, when the limited doer, for that moment, was not? If so, then all we need is to let go and simply be ... one with the throb within, attention distilled, in unexpectant astonishment.

Old 12-07-2020, 07:22 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
A thing about practices ... any practice ... ...we must specifically consider discarding it

If this moment is all there is, then to add a practice is to decide now is not enough. To judge now or myself as not good enough, as lacking, desiring things or myself to be different. Introducing all this conflict, creating conflict really, in this now. Krishnamurti said one cannot find no-conflict through conflict.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

A thing about practices ... any practice ... useful no doubt but perhaps we must specifically consider discarding it as we do a tripod on a bicycle, once we learn to balance without employing conscious thought.

The aspect of visualisation too ... useful to prompt us single pointedly with unwavering focus inwards but if we hold onto the visual, then perhaps we self block or limit the actual depth of offered experience.

Likewise, the concern to ascend, to get to an imagined state of consciousness, in my view is self defeating, since it involves a limited mind-body striving & seeking. Instead, simply sitting ... looking ... allowing ... an ever present orientation receptive to surprise in simplistic innocence optimises both imbibing as well as assimilating higher octaves of vibration.

In all honesty, whatever be our own experiences, have they not been far more wondrous than imagined prior to the happening? Also, has not the experience happened spontaneously, when the limited doer, for that moment, was not? If so, then all we need is to let go and simply be ... one with the throb within, attention distilled, in unexpectant astonishment.

Discarding is a ' Doing ', when the time is right it will just ' Happen ' naturally.