Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 06-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Dream Walker

The few times I was Out of body I forgot all about any silver cord I'd heard of, but, when I was little I felt that I had a string attached behind me (I don't know what to) but I felt that I only had a certain length to use up in this lifetime and I can remember doing things like going back round the other way if I did a forward roll over a bar, for instance, so that I wouldn't get "tangled" Yet I can't remember ever getting too obsessed about it, so that it would get in the way of everyday life.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Librarian
The cord is when you do not completely separate your projection of Self from your Self. Whether you call your projection Etheric, Astral, Mental or... does not matter. Such things are simply labels and will not change what it is, only how you perceive it. The less rigid your belief is the less rigid will your experience be.

Such things are simply an attempt to make sense out of something that is hard to explain in words. I have experienced many different layers of subtle bodies and can easily say that we have more than one layer of subtle body. Whether or not we have more than one subtle body is something that can be debated, but I know for a fact we have more than one layer. There is nothing rigid about creating a system to help explain your experiences and help explain the basics to others, not doing so is rigid and that rigidity will make it impossible to begin to understand anything that is happening to you.

Last edited by Astral Explorer : 06-09-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:29 PM
peter

Hello everybody. I am just starting to practice meditation.
Recently I came up to book that puts together most of the things I have red.

It seems that OBE is more than 2 types. I have to go with boring explanation first.

The mind has 3 parts - mind*, Ego, Intellect. And we (as I) can be in all of the 3. But in one at a time. Our common state is in the ego. With meditation we can calm the mind and put it under control. In this state we can do AP. In AP we send part of our mind somewhere.

Same way we can go out of body** as a part of our intelect - then we will observe the silver line.

I was amazed to realize that we (I) can (eventually) be ("I" is in the) Ego, Mind or intellect. In meditation we "leave the Ego aside" and can be in the mind or intellect. I still have problem to calm my mind.

Nice journeys!

* I don't know another word to make it clearer. I call "mind" the hole tool(that has 3 parts). And after the dash in "mind" I mean one of this parts - the one that is connected to the Ego and the Ego "thinks" by this part. The part that produce thoughts.

** In fact we don't go out of body. We just feel it like that. "Out of body" is much deeper waters and is related to different technique.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Administrator

The silver cord is what holds your physical body to your spirit body if that breaks there is no coming back,i do astral travel and obe but im not aware of the cord,

Namaste
Old 06-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
This could also explain why some see evil type of entities, dark holes to avoid, things like that, and, others never see anything negative.

You see what you believe you will see?
Definitely correct. It is what your beliefs are. I have never seen anything negative when I am out of my body. If you think you will see something bad, you will likely see something negative. If you think your experiences will be wonderful, you will likely have a great experience.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:53 PM
peter

Native spirit,
I have not found one (person/author) that experience any kind of problems with the silver line.

Q. What is the difference between AP and OBE. Considering your experience.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Definitely correct. It is what your beliefs are. I have never seen anything negative when I am out of my body. If you think you will see something bad, you will likely see something negative. If you think your experiences will be wonderful, you will likely have a great experience.

I never thought I would or expected to see something bad so why have I encountered so many pesky entities that most would consider bad then? You are leaving out the huge role that randomness plays in both physical and spiritual life. When you leave your house to go to the grocery you never know who you are going to run into, you never know if the people you run into are going to be good people or bad people. That is exactly the same in astral projection. If our beliefs dictated all of our astral experiences then nobody would ever learn anything new, nobody would find out things they couldn't believe or imagine because it wasn't something they believed to begin with so it wouldn't exist in the astral world for them. People are constantly learning new things in the astral, things that they never believed to be possible prior to learning so clearly beliefs do not play a role in what you encounter in the astral and instead beliefs only factor into one's perception.

So you're saying that if someone doesn't believe in spirits and they astral project they are never going to run into spirits? I can guarantee that is not the case. The role beliefs play is merely in a person's perception. A person that doesn't believe in bad spirits is never going to encounter a bad spirit not because bad spirits don't exist but because they don't believe spirits can be bad, so regardless of the nature of the spirit in their own perception it isn't bad because they don't believe it is possible. That doesn't mean that every spirit is good just because they don't believe in bad spirits, it means that person is incapable of judging whether a spirit is good or bad because their perspective is blind to the reality of duality. Regardless of what people would love to believe we don't control everything we encounter in the astral, and if we do we're definitely not inside of the astral planes and instead in a manifested dream world. The astral world is not a fairy tale dream world where you encounter nothing but sunshine, faeries, and unicorns. Everything has a balance and good spirits would not exist if bad spirits did not exist. People who never experience bad spirits are either not making it into the astral, manifested an environment based on their own belief system a sort of bubble to protect themselves from the reality of the real spirit worlds, or they have a really high vibration and only travel into the upper planes. The third one is certainly possible but I have read books from some of the most skilled and experienced projectors in the world, the people who have laid the tracks for every other astral projector in the future and even they never always make it into the upper planes, even they experience "bad" spirits.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:16 AM
peter

It depends what vehicle you are driving. If flying paraglider you will not meet pedestrians or bears in the air. If walking - no way to fall from 100meters.

The vehicle we use in meditation may differ in same way.
If we still have the influence by our believe system, then we may not meet "bad creatures". Or meet only such of.
If we get over that, we will have real choice which vehicle to use and where to go. Similar to our day-to-day life - if want to go to the shop I don't get my paraglider, but the car. If I want to fly I don't pick up the car. And by choosing the vehicle (usualy) we know where we go. Flying is very different from skateboding and from scubadiving. And we go and experience different worlds. And every world has its creatures. I am not afraid of sharks when flying. Because I (and you) know where I am and what to expect. Same happens in the "other worlds", just we are not familiar with them.
We have the potential to use different vehicles, but not every one is lucky to have one or able to drive it. Some people have never seen cars or even bicycle. We have same "choice" of same wide range of "vehicles" to go to the "other worlds". But not every one have an idea about their existence and availability. Most of the people with experience have this ability by "chance", because of their previous incarnation for instance(R.Monroe). They "catch" some vehicle and explore, or even just describe, "the other world" having no idea about the other vehicles and worlds. Other catch different vehicle and describes different world. And I get confused and can't connect the dots.

The picture is Huge. Much bigger than most can imagine.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
I never thought I would or expected to see something bad so why have I encountered so many pesky entities that most would consider bad then? You are leaving out the huge role that randomness plays in both physical and spiritual life. When you leave your house to go to the grocery you never know who you are going to run into, you never know if the people you run into are going to be good people or bad people. That is exactly the same in astral projection. If our beliefs dictated all of our astral experiences then nobody would ever learn anything new, nobody would find out things they couldn't believe or imagine because it wasn't something they believed to begin with so it wouldn't exist in the astral world for them. People are constantly learning new things in the astral, things that they never believed to be possible prior to learning so clearly beliefs do not play a role in what you encounter in the astral and instead beliefs only factor into one's perception.

So you're saying that if someone doesn't believe in spirits and they astral project they are never going to run into spirits? I can guarantee that is not the case. The role beliefs play is merely in a person's perception. A person that doesn't believe in bad spirits is never going to encounter a bad spirit not because bad spirits don't exist but because they don't believe spirits can be bad, so regardless of the nature of the spirit in their own perception it isn't bad because they don't believe it is possible. That doesn't mean that every spirit is good just because they don't believe in bad spirits, it means that person is incapable of judging whether a spirit is good or bad because their perspective is blind to the reality of duality. Regardless of what people would love to believe we don't control everything we encounter in the astral, and if we do we're definitely not inside of the astral planes and instead in a manifested dream world. The astral world is not a fairy tale dream world where you encounter nothing but sunshine, faeries, and unicorns. Everything has a balance and good spirits would not exist if bad spirits did not exist. People who never experience bad spirits are either not making it into the astral, manifested an environment based on their own belief system a sort of bubble to protect themselves from the reality of the real spirit worlds, or they have a really high vibration and only travel into the upper planes. The third one is certainly possible but I have read books from some of the most skilled and experienced projectors in the world, the people who have laid the tracks for every other astral projector in the future and even they never always make it into the upper planes, even they experience "bad" spirits.
I am just saying what I believe. I have never had anything bad happen. Buhlman author of ap says, the same thing. If you expect to see bad things you will. You have your opinions and I have my opinions. No one will win. Lets leave it at that.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I am just saying what I believe. I have never had anything bad happen. Buhlman author of ap says, the same thing. If you expect to see bad things you will. You have your opinions and I have my opinions. No one will win. Lets leave it at that.

And you're entitled to your opinion but you telling people all they have to do is not believe in something and they won't encounter it is more than you stating your opinion. It's an attempt to influence someone else with your beliefs and I find that incredibly dangerous because your opinion and beliefs are leaving out at least 50% of what is out there. Good spirits would not exist if bad spirits didn't exist and vice versa. This universe is not composed of only light, it is both dark and light and if you want to be realistic the universe is composed of 68% dark energy so denying that is denying the truth. When I tell people the truth about the astral that both good and bad spirits exist, both light and dark I do so to prepare them for what they inevitably will encounter when they make into the actual astral realms. I could name a boatload of authors who choose to write about the partial truth of astral projection and attempt to dictate what you believe Buhlman being one of them, or I could name authors that choose to give you the entire truth and let you decide for yourself what you believe.