Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Experiencer

Silver Cord ?

I have yet to have it happen yet, at least where I control it, but, have any of you who do an OBE, astral project, etc, ever witness your astral body being connected back to your physical body, with something that looks like a thin, silver cord?

And, no matter where you go, with your astral body, you look back and see the thin, sliver cord, connected to you?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Eriandiel

Hi rodan,

Although I personally have never experienced *The Silver Cord* while AP, I do know many who have witnessed this.

Eriandiel
Old 05-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Gryneos

I've never seen it, and I've had spontaneous OBEs since I was sixteen. Can't seem to control when I go out, so it's not as many projections as it might seem

Some practitioners have suggested that the cord is more of a "security blanket" for those that are not confident in their connection to their body. I look at it the same way, as the connection to my physical form is, well, hard to describe.

The only thing that comes to mind is how when scientists split a photon into two versions of itself, that when they vibrate one, the other vibrates at the same frequency. My connection to my body is in the same concept. It's there, yet it can't be perceived, nor does it really need to be seen. Deep knowing (gnosis) of the connection is enough
Old 06-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Niebla0007

I was never worried about the silver/astral cord, so I don't really pay attention into observing it.
But yep, I experienced it like how it snapped me back to my body as I floated on one of my projections not so long ago.

You should be able to find more of the topic in seeing it through meditations.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
I have yet to have it happen yet, at least where I control it, but, have any of you who do an OBE, astral project, etc, ever witness your astral body being connected back to your physical body, with something that looks like a thin, silver cord?

And, no matter where you go, with your astral body, you look back and see the thin, sliver cord, connected to you?

I don't believe the astral body is connected via the silver cord. It is the etheric body that is connected with the silver cord. Our etheric body is extremely dense and when you find yourself inside of it you are only able to travel a few feet away from where your other bodies are located. But when we die and the silver cord breaks (something even the Bible mentions) you are able to travel around in your etheric body and say your goodbyes and finish up any unfinished business. You are provided with enough vital energy to last a couple days apparently. After that time expires you have to either pass onto the astral planes or become an energetic vampire and find alternate sources of energy to continue to exist in the RTZ.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:12 AM
Master

I have never seen a cord. I think it it depends on what you think you will see. If you think you will see a cord, you will. If you do not believe or do not think you will see a cord, you will not see a cord. No one will be able to prove if there is a cord or not.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Dream Librarian

The cord is when you do not completely separate your projection of Self from your Self. Whether you call your projection Etheric, Astral, Mental or... does not matter. Such things are simply labels and will not change what it is, only how you perceive it. The less rigid your belief is the less rigid will your experience be.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryneos
Some practitioners have suggested that the cord is more of a "security blanket" for those that are not confident in their connection to their body.

I tend to agree with this. Where I came across the term, a hypnotist was assisting a subject, under trance, to do her first OBE, and, he had told her a thin, silver cord, was attached from her physical body, to her astral body.

It does sound like more of a security blanket technique, probably fine for those who are nervous about going doing OBE, especially the first few times.

There really isn't an actual thin ,silver cord, we create that in our mind, putting us at ease ,so we don't float off and get lost.

Kinda like using training wheels on a bicycle. No harm in it, but, you really don't need them.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:36 PM
CNC

Hello
I've AP'ed hundreds of times and never once saw the silver cord. AstralSuzy's explanation sounds about right if you ask me :)
Old 06-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I have never seen a cord. I think it it depends on what you think you will see. If you think you will see a cord, you will. If you do not believe or do not think you will see a cord, you will not see a cord. No one will be able to prove if there is a cord or not.

This could also explain why some see evil type of entities, dark holes to avoid, things like that, and, others never see anything negative.

You see what you believe you will see?