Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Sybilline

Red face A nice discussion about planes and dimensions :)

Hi everyone,

I am curious about these planes, and dimensions, what are they exactly?

Are there only 2 planes --- this here, and the astral plane?

What's in the astral plane? Spirits of our dearly beloved? How about nature's entities, are they in a different plane or is it the same one? What
about angels? Or demons? Ascended masters?

Are they just like us, waiting to be ONE with the source again?

How about our dreams? What happens when we dream? Do our souls travel too? Where? How come sometimes dreams don't feel like travelling, they're usually stuff in our current life that is either funny or just doesn't make sense?

When we NDE go to the Astral Plane too?

How come when people AP they tend to go to places that are here on earth too like someone else's house? Does that mean they are not in the astral plane but things just look different?

And then there's theory I read about time that says the present and future are all NOW, and that it's just diff dimensions, and that we humans can jump from the present dimension to a future dimension of our choice (all which exist simultaneously).......... Is that another plane altogether?

Did I miss anything?

Am I just thinking too much?

So... so... many questions...
Old 13-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Are there only 2 planes --- this here, and the astral plane?

There are seven major layers of astral planes and inside of every plane is countless layers, the astral planes are practically infinite but to make them more understandable some of the people who have gone furthest in astral travel and recorded it have mapped out the parts of the planes they have reached into 7 major planes. It does not mean that there is only seven and I imagine the number seven was used because it is such a significant number in religion & spirituality. Some people believe that earth overlaps a lower/middle region of the astral planes but I will get into more about that later.

Quote:
What's in the astral plane? Spirits of our dearly beloved? How about nature's entities, are they in a different plane or is it the same one? What
about angels? Or demons? Ascended masters?

Every plane is a different vibration and so whatever the vibration is those types of beings will tend to frequent that plane. Lower vibrational beings (Earth-bound spirits, shadow entities, demons) congregate on the lowest of planes but the more powerful ones possess the ability to enter the lower/middle planes which is why they can affect our lives here on earth. Now this is just what I have experienced on my projections and what I have read I am not saying this is fact. But lower end of the middle planes I have found tend to be a sort of reflection of the physical world and where souls go when they first pass away and will be returning to the source, they just go through a period of getting over the physical world and living out everything they missed in their physical life. I have seen countless layers of floors each one had a different family living on it, or a different set of people. The highest of planes are where beings of lights (angels, light gods, everything good) are. When we pass away we go through phases in each layer ascending as far as we possibly can until we are reborn if necessary.

Quote:
Are they just like us, waiting to be ONE with the source again?

Demons do not wish to be one with the source, even though in reality they are in someway. Earth-bound spirits do not want to accept they are no longer living a physical life and do not want to let go of physical addictions. Angels are the source, they are just a being created by the source to assist and to make our dealings with much more understandable. We are used to faces and beings and things of that but when it comes to the source things are not that simple and so some things must be simplified for us to be able to even think of grasping the idea in this physical world. Once we are back everything is communicated at once telepathically so understanding things becomes instant and much easier.

Quote:
How about our dreams? What happens when we dream? Do our souls travel too? Where? How come sometimes dreams don't feel like traveling, they're usually stuff in our current life that is either funny or just doesn't make sense?

Dreaming is astral projection, we are just not consciously projecting and do not remember our exiting which while dreaming is much more subtle making it easy to slip out and not even know it. When we are regularly dreaming our subconscious is doing all the thinking and in conscious astral projection (Lucid dreaming and astral projection through meditation) our conscious & subconscious minds are both working. This is why in a dream the things that are on our mind tend to show up in the dream. In conscious APing the things on our mind both consciously and subconsciously can and will show up in the projection, which is why they tell you to make sure you have worked out all your fears because otherwise they can show up in a projection, just as they show up in dreams.

Quote:
When we NDE go to the Astral Plane too?

To say it plainly sometimes yes, and sometimes no. A lot of people report during an NDE they simply floated over their body and watched what was going on outside of their body and then returned and woke up back inside of their body. The reason for that is because they had left their body in their etheric body and remained in what is called the RTZ (Real Time Zone). The etheric body can only travel a few feet away from your physical body and many people have the problem while projecting of getting stuck a few feet from their body. The reason is they are inside of their etheric body, not their astral which can travel into the lower/middle astral planes. People who have gone further than a few feet outside of their body in a NDE were inside of the astral planes. It is possible to argue in the RTZ is part of the planes or not, in my opinion it both is and isn't. The RTZ is a dimension that overlaps the physical dimension and in many ways is a mirror to the physical but will often have major or minor distortions and look somewhat different from the physical space it overlaps. This is where people are the second they leave their physical body, inside of the RTZ. Until they either fly down into the lower planes, or up into the lower-middle or middle planes they will remain inside of the RTZ.

Quote:
How come when people AP they tend to go to places that are here on earth too like someone else's house? Does that mean they are not in the astral plane but things just look different?

Because they are remaining inside of the RTZ which is why I explained in the previous question to make this one much easier to answer.

Quote:
And then there's theory I read about time that says the present and future are all NOW, and that it's just diff dimensions, and that we humans can jump from the present dimension to a future dimension of our choice (all which exist simultaneously).......... Is that another plane altogether?

Even if you do not believe in any of this it is a fact of science that time is just an illusion of space. Without space there is no time but without time there is space. Time and space are sewn together inside of the same fabric which is why when an astronaut in the space center returns from orbiting the earth for several months he is a couple seconds younger than somebody who was born on the exact same time/date as him. Time passes faster on Earth than it does while you are orbiting the earth. Take in mind it is only fractions of a seconds difference between those two people but when you increase the speed of the orbit to say light speed when they returned to Earth they will come to find everyone they knew has passed away and they have only aged a couple months or years.
Old 13-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Sybilline

Wow Astral Explorer this is amazing, thanks!

Is it safe to say then? That we kind of incarnate and reincarnate, around these 7 planes? This is really interesting, I mean I thought the Universe was huge, but now to know that it's possible that there are several other Universes overlapping each other, all happening simultaneously is blowing my mind to bits and pieces...
Old 14-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Guide
Personally, I don't subscribe to the "mystical" seven planes theory.

As far as I'm concerned, there is this physical reality... and there are realities that aren't this physical reality, which could (and probably do) number in the infinite.

I don't believe in demons as objective beings out to do bad... vibrational frequency of "matter" is an "on the fence" issue with me...

As for who's theory is correct out of the myriad of them out there... who knows. Probably none of them have it right really.
Old 14-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Sybilline

Yes, that is right, as Astral Explorer said:
Quote:
It does not mean that there is only seven and I imagine the number seven was used because it is such a significant number in religion & spirituality.

I mean, if we're talking about things beyond our physical reality, then how do we know if they can even be quantified? :)
Old 14-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Yes, that is right, as Astral Explorer said:

I mean, if we're talking about things beyond our physical reality, then how do we know if they can even be quantified? :)
We quantify them by our experience.

In physical reality what we experience is external reflected internally, in astral reality what we experience is internal reflected externally. This is why you must go there - this is what it has to offer that nothing else does.
Old 15-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Summerlander

I have a big problem with esoteric cosmology. Firstly, it can never be verified by this simple fact: Anything in dreamland is possible, meaning, anything imaginable can be experienced there - even the notion that you are moving from one plane of existence to the next!! any idea can be conveyed in such state with hyperrealistic intensity that is enough to convince the experiencer.

If anything can be created and recreated in the virtual worlds of lucid dreaming, how can one be sure that they are not being deceived by their own illusory perceptions?

No matter how much you hold on to the theory of having several non-physical planes, and the concept of higher and lower (which I find even more ridiculous), you are back to square one when you put your theory into practice the only way you can: as far as I can tell, the methods that many believe gets them to the astral and mental planes are nothing but lucid dream inducers.

To me this is the most likely scenario. You must admit that what I propose is hard to dismiss: lucid dreams can present you with any scenario and it doesn't take a genius to notice that expectation, motivation and belief systems are a big influence on what is perceived in such state of consciousness.

My two cents.
Old 15-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Master
It would be nice to 'be sure' that what we think we see and experience is for real, but I just don't see how that's possible. I subscribe a whole lot more to knowing that you can't know for sure what's real out there.

Old 15-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Mayflow

If anyone thinks that all of the aforementioned planes are rather, complex, it appears that Buddhism lists 31 planes. This is to me incredibly mind provoking! :-)

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/d...agga/loka.html

Also, Accesstoinsight is one of my most favorite sites.
Old 15-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Mayflow

PS: "Provenance:©2005 John T. Bullitt.Prepared by jtb for Access to Insight.This Access to Insight edition is ©2005–2012.
Terms of use: You may copy, reformat, reprint, republish, and redistribute this work in any medium whatsoever, provided that: (1) you only make such copies, etc. available free of charge; (2) you clearly indicate that any derivatives of this work (including translations) are derived from this source document; and (3) you include the full text of this license in any copies or derivatives of this work. Otherwise, all rights reserved. For additional information about this license, see the FAQ.
How to cite this document (one suggested style): "The Thirty-one Planes of Existence", edited by John T. Bullitt. Access to Insight, 11 April 2012, http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/d...agga/loka.html . Retrieved on 15 June 2012."