Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Suspended
I'd read about lucid dreaming many years ago and then read that one can have an OBE from a lucid dream. Within a month of reading that, I had my first 'classic' OBE (where you seemingly separate from the physical and find yourself in the same environment that the physical is). Robert Bruce calls this an RTZ OBE (Real Time Zone).

Over the years I had dozens and dozens (probably hundreds) of RTZ OBEs. Sometimes if I went through a wall/picture, I'd end up in a completely different environment than expected - I started to call these types of experiences astral projection.

Then lucid dreaming kicked in and all three types of experiences overlapped and blurred.

It's mainly spontaneous, although I've learned to spot the signposts along the way. One major help is to have two or three sleep cycles BEFORE you practise. That way you are less likely to fall asleep. You want your body asleep, but not your mind.

These days I simply call them experiences. As long as I'm conscious of what's going on and can make decisions (whilst knowing the physical is safely 'asleep'), I don't care what they are called.

I mainly lucid dream now, but occasionally will roll out of my dream body and go off exploring.

It's all about the lucidity, imo.

Best of luck and I hope to be reading about your experiences very soon!
Old 19-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Apollos_Flame

Thanks. I'm just a bit confused, whats the difference between a lucid dream and astral projection?

Is a lucid dream created by your mind and AP is not? How do you know what is what? I've searched the web for an answer to this but no luck.
Some people say AP is just a lucid dream and totally internal. Others say it is external but your mind effects the planes closest to the RTZ and the higher you go the less your thoughts effect it.
I've had two experiences so far. I'm not sure what they were. They were both in the RTZ and quite short. Little details in my house were different like the colour of the carpet and furniture etc.
I've heard that you might find things that don't belong there due to thought form of the people who lived in my house before but the TV i saw was my old TV that is at my Moms house. So it all kinda confused me. On both experiences there has been a full length mirror randomly placed in the house. I walk up to it and have a grey hoody on with the hood up and my eyes are totally black. It doesn't freak me out or anything. Just curious.
It was snowing outside on the first experience. Was really cool but not what I was expecting. i flew up like a rocket and saw what looked like a massive chess board. Then I woke up with a jolt.
Old 19-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollos_Flame
Thanks. I'm just a bit confused, whats the difference between a lucid dream and astral projection?

That's the six million dollar question.

Personally, I see no difference. However, throw that question out in a new thread and you'll get all kinds of answers.

Your experiences sound similar to my early forays into the RTZ. If you get chance, trying going through the mirror - you could be in for a surprise!
Old 19-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Apollos_Flame

I think I'll start a thread on it and see what I get.
I will deffo go through the mirror if I get the chance.
Thanks
Old 20-12-2011, 06:10 AM
b3yond33

@Squatchit In general, I refer to them as experiences as well (not exactly when it comes to posting though). When one goes thru a poster/picture, it is called Virtual Reality Projection, which you probably already knew.
Old 20-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3yond33
When one goes thru a poster/picture, it is called Virtual Reality Projection, which you probably already knew.

Hiya b3yond33

I didn't know that.

The times I've been through pictures, I end up in a totally different place - it's usually very colourful, and I have the most wonderful adventures.

Going through a mirror was well weird (in a good way), but I won't relate it here, as it could influence Apollo's experience when he/she goes through one.

Squatch
Old 20-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Safina

Omg I'm reading all this with my eyes wide and jaw on the table!! lol
It all sounds so amazing, and I'm reading these personal eperiences with complete fascination.
I'm a complete noob when it comes to AP, actually I wouldn't even say noob, I'm not even born! lol
At the moment I'm concentrating on my meditation and trying to establish some sort of recognition with my inner self before I even try to delve deeper, but I'm definitely hoping that one day I too will be ready to take the plunge into the world of AP..
I just wanted to check out these book suggestions and hopefully start feeding my subconscious with this information so I can start preparing slowly....

Happy travelling guys :-)
Old 20-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Master
Hello Safina once you learn how to ground and protect yourself and have found the things you fear most through meditation and started to face those fears then I would suggest you start APing. I don't think there is a right of passage with APing it should be done when one feels they are ready, and not anyone else can truly tell you when that is. Also start working your energy body and raising your kundalini that seems to add to your protection although a high energy can attract negative things, they are interested in seeing if they can shake you up a little. Generally though high energy beings tend to cause the negative entities to scurry away quite quickly though. Once you have done all that, as long as you feel ready I would say that is a good time to start. You will definitely enjoy it once you have your first experience. Good luck!
Old 21-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Ambermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollos_Flame
I read a bit on Dr Rampa a while ago. I was put off by a lot of people saying bad things about him being a fraud. I don't know why I took any notice of them though. I just didn't know where to start with his books. I'll deffo check out 'You forever' and 'The Third Eye' though. Thanks for the tip.

Was his name really Cyril Henry Hoskin before Tuesday Lobsang Rampa? What do you think?

Iv'e heard and read a lot of negative feed-back on Dr. Rampa myself.
It just made me sick at core honestly to say.

Perhaps in times he lived it all was quite new and many didn't like it.
I read almost all of his books and re-read them on regular bases.

He can be very blunt and will say what he thinks.

I choose not to believe those who try to minimize this man, and I do believe that all he says in his books is true.
The name of the body of Hoskin before transmigration took place doesn't really matter to me personally.

Books of Dr. Rampa make lots of sense to me and all he says is quite logical (take this from a skeptic as myself). And they are an easy read too.

His book 'You Forever' is also the one that inspired me to practice some metaphysical arts. Even though I don't succeed at most - I still understand why through his books as well and I don't get frustrated.
What I have mastered though is to see the etheric layer of any body, not just human body, but any object as well.
Well, I can't see auras as yet.

Through his books I almost succeeded at AP too, but well, I guess, I'm a lazy person to continue practicing. Perhaps will resume it later, I just don't want to do it out of idle curiosity.

Well, I strongly recommend books of Dr. Rampa to any spiritual person.
Old 22-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Lapis Lazuli

I recently read Journeys out of the Body by Robert Monroe. It is an excellent book on the topic. It has a lot of detailed accounts from his own personal experiences in the different locales he traveled to. It also explains how he got the vibrations and different techniques for exit/return. Great book!