Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 11-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
being in a fully conscious state perceiving the astral realms actually as they are, and participating consciously in that environment....are such different experiences.

Depends what your definition of "conscious state" is. As beings of great consciousness, only a small part of which is involved with this physical identity, our normal out of body travels (not bringing physical consciousness) probably involves much more deep understandings and deep capabilities.

However, as physical beings, we want to "drag" our physical consciousness with us, even though it contains limited conceptions of capabilities and realities, which may scare us out of the experience or limit what we experience. IMO.

Lora
Old 12-02-2013, 02:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningwithbutterflies
I thought everyone went to the astral realms during their sleep, it's just a matter of whether or not we remember?

We do but it's more of a matter of being conscious than remembering. If someone doesn't practice lucid dreaming and doesn't ever lucid dream, or practice astral projection they are never going to meet you in the planes lucid. In other words the chances of you being lucid and meeting them non-lucid are astronomical if not inprobable. Even if you're both lucid or in a projection the chances of you two meeting up are astronomical, so adding a non-lucid member into the equation just makes the chances beyond calcuable. When someone is conscious in the planes they act totally different than when they are not. You can tell pretty easily if you're dealing with a conscious being instead of one that is not currently conscious. If the being you have met does not practice or participate in lucid dreaming or astral projection and they appear to be conscious then it is definitely not who they are pretending to be. The astral planes are a map that includes a piece of paper with absolutely nothing written/drawn on it, and so people claiming to be able to meet others in the planes are either constructing those experiences, dealing with an entity masquerading as the person they "met", they don't have a clear memory of the experience, they were incredibly lucky, or they are just outright lying to sell books and make money. We constantly meet people/spirits in the planes but they are practically never those we intend on meeting.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Depends what your definition of "conscious state" is. As beings of great consciousness, only a small part of which is involved with this physical identity, our normal out of body travels (not bringing physical consciousness) probably involves much more deep understandings and deep capabilities.

However, as physical beings, we want to "drag" our physical consciousness with us, even though it contains limited conceptions of capabilities and realities, which may scare us out of the experience or limit what we experience. IMO.

Lora

Well I meant a kind of ordinary "awakeness" but do realize that whole concept of course is limiting. (That's where I'm at right now. Hopefully I'll change one day. Probably will when I pass over ) There is so much yet to be learned.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
We do but it's more of a matter of being conscious than remembering. If someone doesn't practice lucid dreaming and doesn't ever lucid dream, or practice astral projection they are never going to meet you in the planes lucid. In other words the chances of you being lucid and meeting them non-lucid are astronomical if not inprobable. Even if you're both lucid or in a projection the chances of you two meeting up are astronomical, so adding a non-lucid member into the equation just makes the chances beyond calcuable. When someone is conscious in the planes they act totally different than when they are not. You can tell pretty easily if you're dealing with a conscious being instead of one that is not currently conscious. If the being you have met does not practice or participate in lucid dreaming or astral projection and they appear to be conscious then it is definitely not who they are pretending to be. The astral planes are a map that includes a piece of paper with absolutely nothing written/drawn on it, and so people claiming to be able to meet others in the planes are either constructing those experiences, dealing with an entity masquerading as the person they "met", they don't have a clear memory of the experience, they were incredibly lucky, or they are just outright lying to sell books and make money. We constantly meet people/spirits in the planes but they are practically never those we intend on meeting.

Well that didn't happen to me, years ago, someone I knew very well (in physical life too) came to "visit" me regularly -to my room. He was very well skilled and practiced in Astral projection, and trained in Occultism.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Well that didn't happen to me, years ago, someone I knew very well (in physical life too) came to "visit" me regularly -to my room. He was very well skilled and practiced in Astral projection, and trained in Occultism.

Did you perform tests to prove it was him? I am not saying that it's completely impossible, I am just saying it's very unprobable due to the difficulty in actually navigating the RTZ/astral planes. With out a doubt it does happen on occasion but more than often it's either a constructed experience, an impersonator, or a bad recall. With the person being very well skilled and practiced that does change things though, someone who lacked those skills is unlikely to ever produce the same results though.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator
Yes it was definitely him. He verified this on a number of occasions, I guess to put my mind at rest as to any possibility of "impersonation". We parted ways after a while over a serious incongruity of Spiritual paths. Something I couldn't follow....
But yes -as you mentioned, he was particularly unusual in that he was especially skilled in this.
Old 15-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Pathfinder

Ok. I hope I don't sound ignorant or something, but I woul like to hear more about planes. Are they like actual planes? Do you find them waiting and whats their destination?
Old 15-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers
Ok. I hope I don't sound ignorant or something, but I woul like to hear more about planes. Are they like actual planes? Do you find them waiting and whats their destination?

What do you mean by do you find them waiting and what's their destination? Not 100% sure what you mean by these questions, I'll be happy to answer them just please be more specific.
Old 15-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers

Flowers--I think he might have meant planes as in dimensional planes, or vibrational areas of the same vibration. I just saw it above and think that's what he was talking about.

Lora