Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 04-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky5778
If i was in a lucid dream and tried to astral project would i be more sucessfull??
If you're lucidly aware while in the non-physical, I'd say you ARE projecting. :)
Old 05-11-2011, 03:33 AM
Guide
Quote:
I am 100 % sure that your expoeriences are entirely what you percieve them to be

Perceptions are based on interpretation of impressions; However, impressions aren't always right. So sometimes our experiences won't in reality be what we perceive them to be.

We have to be objective. If we don't quite the mental chatter then we confuse subjective ideas/dreams for the objective astral.

:fucyc: <-- what is this? lol.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya

Perceptions are based on interpretation of impressions; However, impressions aren't always right. So sometimes our experiences won't in reality be what we perceive them to be.

We have to be objective. If we don't quite the mental chatter then we confuse subjective ideas/dreams for the objective astral.

:fucyc: <-- what is this? lol.

I do hope that ddn't come of a serial packet

Objectivty is a perceved thing. A concept which in many cases is personal to the person being or at least thinking that they are being "objective"

Its just another distinction that we create ,,perception's verses objectivity sounds lke a subject for the philosophical leviathans here.

Thankyou.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
AP... Waking up while my body is sleeping but not dreaming...

I think this is a key element. In lucid dreaming we 'wake up' in a dream.

Xan[/color]

Interesting observation, Xan. To clarify it for me would you say 'wake up' in a dream to mean that as the dream takes shape with you in it, a fully conscious and aware of your body laying in bed (also the environment around you) part of you is 'watching' the dream unfold?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by I AM
Do you think that after doing this for a long enough time a lucid dream could automaticly cause a projection?

Maby I realy don't lucid dream any more, maby as soon as I realize I am dreaming I just porject?

Do you think that maby there realy is no such thing as a lucid dream? Maby its just a psycological buffer for thous not ready to know themselves free of there bodies, maby they just call it a dream because leaving there bodies is just too fantastic an idea to comprehend.

I have to wonder this as well. I think I have been doing it for so long that I don't retain the awareness of changing dimensions or perhaps there is no change and it is all props that our 3d selves make up to understand the circumstance, such as the cord that can appear attached to resting body, when in fact there is no cord.
One prop I have experienced recently is the climbing of a ladder when changing dimensions.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
It can be a problem trying to distinguish the difference between the astral plane and the world of our own dreams. What has been the most important thing for me is to understand they are 2 different locations to focus into.

Lucid dreaming can be a springboard to astral projecting but something critical has to take place and that thing is that the mind has to be still and thoughts have to be shut off. As soon as you think about something or dream images pop up you can sink into a dream and lose focus on the astral locale.

Only recently I have found this exact nexus point in the experience that determines which focus I'll phase into, although I've known of it for quite some time. it will be presumabely different also amongst individuals.

Great point!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
To clarify it for me would you say 'wake up' in a dream to mean that as the dream takes shape with you in it, a fully conscious and aware of your body laying in bed (also the environment around you) part of you is 'watching' the dream unfold?

"Waking up in a dream" means you become aware that you are dreaming, not necessarily that you are aware of your body and environment. That sometimes happens in AP or in expanded consciousness.

In fact, I see this as one of the signs of projecting out-of-body. You might see your body lying over there while You are over here. Once you've experienced it you'll never see 'me' in the quite same way again.

Xan

Old 05-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Master
...in fact there is no cord...

ummm... Actually there is, although people rarely see it. It's an extension of the energy light channel in the spinal cord called the sushumna.

Xan

Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
...in fact there is no cord...

ummm... Actually there is, although people rarely see it. It's an extension of the energy light channel in the spinal cord called the sushumna.

Xan

Dion Fortune used to ( I say used to because she's dead now) reckon there was a cord coming from the belly button an etheric counterpart to the now withered umbelicus. I did notice that in this energy centre, maybe a Dantiens or chakra, we can get something of a build up of power.. I also noted the word play, The Astral cord being etheric in nature, so I already begin to feel that the distinction that some attribute to either etheric or Astral may well be contrived.

Anyway it all starts to cave in on one, because I get your sushumna, I get the astral and etheric cord of Dion Fortune, I also understand the Pineal Wormholes that are created in the Micro calcite crystals that activite when we produce a little DMT into the melatonin mixture. I also get the Third Eye/Brow Chakra viewer. So you see all kinds of theories to support a process that happens anyway.

It's a fascinating subject to be sure and any number of beliefs as to its explanation and methods are available to all whom would like to explore this area of interest.