Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi
I have been meditating for 30 min twice a day, now only 20 min + 10 min priar meditation for about 3 and a half months.
I felt during my meditation like my head was swelling and it felt heavy
like my body felt like it was turning to rock.
The other time i felt like in between my eyes was throbbing and it was painful.
I know this is normal but i am very curious what is happening?
Just want to learn about this.
I know you should take it day for day but i am excited to know what happens
next???
How long does it take to connect with you soul and really feel great after meditating??
thanks

To want to know what happens next is normal, but expectations don't help meditation.

When one begins to meditate, and particularly in a way you practiced, new sensations occur as one practices feeling all over the body. The mind becomes more perceptive and notices things that it wasn't aware of before.

The basic rule is, the body feels this and that, sometimes uncomfortable and sometimes really nice, but whatever the feeling is like, 'you' remain calm and neutral and with a balanced mind.

In this thread one says stop because the feelings are unpleasant and the other says do something else for pleasure, and if you want to try something new, fine, but when people say these kinds of things it casts some doubt on your own practice, which is actually a very sound technique.
Old 16-07-2014, 02:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Hi
I don't work on any chakras but do a body scan meditation but i have
changed my body scan from starting from my toes and started from my scalp.
Before i can get to my middle i was in a meditative state and stopped body scan.Could it be this??
Has anybody have the same and whats next?
thanks for reply

I tried this body scan thing and like it. Thanks for the tip!
Old 16-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Twice daily. I am sold on it and would never mention it if I didn't do it. The forums are full of great information.

I am a regular on both forums if you have any questions.

Thanks i am allot on this forum so thanks for the other site
I done the mantra meditation i like it will do the meditation for a wile and see what happens.
I felt that like my head was feeling like its swelling again.
Its like i am inside my brain if that makes sense.
It does not feel that good tbh but not painful or a horrible feeling and i think
i am not use to it that's all.
I will keep meditating as i think i should just allow that feeling and see what happens.
Thanks again
Old 16-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
To want to know what happens next is normal, but expectations don't help meditation.

When one begins to meditate, and particularly in a way you practiced, new sensations occur as one practices feeling all over the body. The mind becomes more perceptive and notices things that it wasn't aware of before.

The basic rule is, the body feels this and that, sometimes uncomfortable and sometimes really nice, but whatever the feeling is like, 'you' remain calm and neutral and with a balanced mind.

In this thread one says stop because the feelings are unpleasant and the other says do something else for pleasure, and if you want to try something new, fine, but when people say these kinds of things it casts some doubt on your own practice, which is actually a very sound technique.

Thanks for the reply
You made me realise that i must just notice the feelings good or bad and just let them be and allow them.
I should just meditate and be patient and not care what happens next as it could interfere with my meditation.

FallingLeaves i am glad you like the body scan meditation hope it helps you
Let me know if it works for you if you want to
Old 16-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Master
Meditation make the brain grow. It makes it grow in the areas of concentration, empthy, self confidence, emotional formation to name a few.

You are going to feel pressure, it is ok. If it becomes to much or starts to hurt cut back on your time.

Keep us updated..
Old 17-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for the reply
You made me realise that i must just notice the feelings good or bad and just let them be and allow them.

That's a good idea!

Quote:
I should just meditate and be patient and not care what happens next as it could interfere with my meditation.

Sure, patience is important and it's a great virtue.

The meditation might not be what anyone expects it to be or deliver what they want it to, but it works in it's own way. The meditators 'job' is to notice and pay attention to what is happening with themselves, and I hope you notice the insights being made in regards to being patient and just allowing things to be, because that's the wisdom gotten through meditations.

Quote:
FallingLeaves i am glad you like the body scan meditation hope it helps you
Let me know if it works for you if you want to
Old 20-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Master
Thanks for the reply's
I will keep you informed what happens
I am starting today with the mantra meditation and tweaked cause the
one i done was a bit advanced will go back to that when i do better
Tanks again
Old 22-07-2014, 12:55 AM
happyme

This is an interesting thread for me because I have been meditating for about 25 years. I sit quietly, watch my breath coming in and out and I do use a mantra. There is research to show that meditation is helped with the sound vibration of a mantra since it aligns our energy system with a higher frequency. And having said that, the Eastern Wisdom traditions speak about the physical sensations that can happen as you go inside and allow your own inner energy to begin to move. Ask that energy, which is truly yours, to become quiet. Engage with it and let it know that you would like to go deeper inside to stillness. I hope your mantra meditation is going well.
Old 23-07-2014, 01:46 AM
boodah

Sounds amazing! ive experienced weird meditations but never a throbbing pain feel in my body, just throbbing.
Old 23-07-2014, 03:37 AM
Pathfinder
When I read your original post I was going to recommend doing more body work, starting from your toes and working your way up, but it sounds like you're already doing that.

What I find helpful whenever I encounter something like you've described, whether it's pain or tension or whatever else, is pause whatever I'm doing and focus on light. If it's just a general feeling, visualize a beam of white light coming down from space, through the top of your head, then filling up your body one piece at a time, finally leaving through the soles of your feet and going down into the center of the earth. Then, visualized a beam of read light coming up from the earth, filling up the white light channel, entering through the soles of your feet and leaving through the top of your head, going out into space. Spend a moment feeling those energies moving through you (white from the top down and red from the bottom up) at the same time.

If it's a specific feeling (like pain between your eyes) focus on those beams of light passing just through the point that is bothering you, then, once the issue starts to subside, let it pass through the rest of you as I described before.

The basic theory behind this is that the white light is the "higher" universal energy elevating you, and the red light is grounding earth energy. By using both, you're connecting the physical self and the spiritual self. Once you feel balanced again, pick up where you left off in your initial meditation.