Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 18-01-2012, 04:45 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
One thing to remember, Deepsea - Spirit is not spiritualism...it's not the ego-based human responses and power trips, either. Go deep Within, sit with your own soul/spirit and remember the truth. The spiritualist movement as it is has served its purpose - new pioneers are quietly taking the next steps.

That is something new to me,Enya.
'new pioneers' I would be very interested to know about that.
Hopefully better than what we have now,old outdated ideas and constant quotes from long ago.
Old 18-01-2012, 04:50 PM
mac

Quote:
One thing to remember, Deepsea - Spirit is not spiritualism...it's not the ego-based human responses and power trips, either. Go deep Within, sit with your own soul/spirit and remember the truth. The spiritualist movement as it is has served its purpose - new pioneers are quietly taking the next steps.

I hope you're right. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Modern Spiritualist but without any unrealistic notions about its present-day role....

But I have still to be convinced there are "new pioneers" waiting in the wings - I just hope that it's so....
Old 18-01-2012, 05:17 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I have a deep faith in Spiritualism and the fact that when we die,we leave our mortal bodies and depart for another dimension.
I'm calling the spirit world a 'dimension' because I think that's all it is.
I am not even sure of the fact of reincarnation any more.
I could go into that subject but would be off topic.

Spiritualism is becoming very over rated these days.
The subject is rife wherever we go,who ever we talk to.
Facts are given out,discussed till the subject is threadbare.
But still no actual proof is forthcoming.
We are fed on events from the past constantly until I feel I am living in the past.
Not in the present,where my body and mind should be.
We are constantly fed on quotes from mediums from past times until I feel choked with them.
Now is the time to open recent events showing proof that spirit do exist.
Where is that proof?
Deepsea

The biggest problem is this idea that "proof" is necessary. Spirituality is an experience, and experiences are 100% subjective; ya can't prove 'em. Sadly, the Internet is the realm of the young, and the young are far more interested in the shiny baubles and drama of spirituality (soulmates, tantra, kundalini, energy play, "evil" spirits, etc.) than in the slow, steady work of the evolution of self. So Cyberspace tends to have 10x as much info on candle rituals and attracting your "twinflame" than on deep, meaningful spiritual ideas.

So what does that mean for us seekers? That which we do not find we must create. That means slogging away at our ideas and trusting All That Is to draw others of like mind to us. Slow and boring, I know, but worthwhile, IMHO.

CS
Old 18-01-2012, 05:34 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
The biggest problem is this idea that "proof" is necessary. Spirituality is an experience, and experiences are 100% subjective; ya can't prove 'em. Sadly, the Internet is the realm of the young, and the young are far more interested in the shiny baubles and drama of spirituality (soulmates, tantra, kundalini, energy play, "evil" spirits, etc.) than in the slow, steady work of the evolution of self. So Cyberspace tends to have 10x as much info on candle rituals and attracting your "twinflame" than on deep, meaningful spiritual ideas.

So what does that mean for us seekers? That which we do not find we must create. That means slogging away at our ideas and trusting All That Is to draw others of like mind to us. Slow and boring, I know, but worthwhile, IMHO.

CS

Excellent advice,CuriousSnowflake.

I can believe what you are saying,I want to know about the true spiritualism.
Not the frills that surround it.
Thank you so much,CS.
I appreciate your straight forward speaking.
This what I prefer,not the fancy stuff that comes with it.
Deepsea
Old 18-01-2012, 09:54 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake

CS

You've said, quote: "Spirituality is an experience,...." whereas this forum is for subjects connected with Spiritualism.

Spiritualism and spirituality are not the same.....
Old 18-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
That is something new to me,Enya.
'new pioneers' I would be very interested to know about that.
Hopefully better than what we have now,old outdated ideas and constant quotes from long ago.
Well, I can only go by what my teacher and spirit friends have told me, but plans are certainly 'afoot' and work is being done which will eventually lead to new schools of excellence all over the world, run on a strict ethos which has no room for human ego but where all is done with an intent of integrity, truth and service.

One of the goals, for instance, is to hold conferences where spirit teachers can speak, manifest and work through their mediums in daylight, for all to see! This will, of course, be dependent on the development of the mediums involved but it is already in the eaerly stages.

I'm not privy to everything Spirit has planned, but I am honoured to be a small cog in the machinery...
Old 18-01-2012, 10:43 PM
mac

Quote:
Well, I can only go by what my teacher and spirit friends have told me, but plans are certainly 'afoot' and work is being done which will eventually lead to new schools of excellence all over the world, run on a strict ethos which has no room for human ego but where all is done with an intent of integrity, truth and service.

One of the goals, for instance, is to hold conferences where spirit teachers can speak, manifest and work through their mediums in daylight, for all to see! This will, of course, be dependent on the development of the mediums involved but it is already in the eaerly stages.

I'm not privy to everything Spirit has planned, but I am honoured to be a small cog in the machinery...

That's interesting. It sounds highly ambitious but, hey, I'll try to be positive and look forward to hearing how it all goes - I don't expect to be around this time when it all kicks off but maybe I'll take a look on my next visit.
Old 18-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
That's interesting. It sounds highly ambitious but, hey, I'll try to be positive and look forward to hearing how it all goes - I don't expect to be around this time when it all kicks off but maybe I'll take a look on my next visit.
It *is* highly ambitious, but not outwith the realms of possibility... if everything falls into place. Spirit have nothing if not time, so it could be a generation away or a close as ten years from now. The foundations will certainly be in place within the next 15-20 years, all being well, perhaps sooner.
Old 19-01-2012, 01:02 AM
mac

Quote:
It *is* highly ambitious, but not outwith the realms of possibility... if everything falls into place. Spirit have nothing if not time, so it could be a generation away or a close as ten years from now. The foundations will certainly be in place within the next 15-20 years, all being well, perhaps sooner.

I don't disagree it's totally do-able....

We'll just have to see how it all works out eventually - well some of us will, those who expect/intend to re-visit this physical domain. Folk like myself....

If I had to make a guess I'd say there won't be the same use of mediums and that any new generation of them will have different roles, focusing less on personal, evidential work and more on the conveyance of general information about our survival beyond corporeal death.
Old 19-01-2012, 01:19 AM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You've said, quote: "Spirituality is an experience,...." whereas this forum is for subjects connected with Spiritualism.

Spiritualism and spirituality are not the same.....

"It's not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Isms in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself."

-Ferris Buehler.

CS