Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-04-2020, 11:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Learning spirituality with modesty n honesty is the only way one can genuinely try to assess about the enlightenment of others. Otherwise superficially its just not possible to assess anybody.

We can not have binary categories like enlightened and unenlightened . People come in various combination shades like any color screen pixel could be a combination of RGB (Red green blue with each having 0 to 65k values) . Similarly people to come in various shades with 3 basic orientation
1. Spirit oriented activity - (sattvic)
2. Material oriented activity - (Rajasi)
3. Material oriented inactivity- (Tamasi) .

Every individual is made of these 3 orientation in varying degrees . Different orientation become dominant different time /place and situation . The one's I described in my examples are having spiritual orientation (sattvic) more than other 2 . The degree of such orientations define the type of the person he/she is .

One may have an opinion about whether someone is enlightened, based on observation about behaviour or how others describe themselves, but one can never be inside the other to know what the internal life is like.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:05 PM
Master

learn authentic spirituality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
One may have an opinion about whether someone is enlightened, based on observation about behaviour or how others describe themselves, but one can never be inside the other to know what the internal life is like.

One need to learn authentic spirituality for u to understand other's enlightenement. Judging others is not the primary business o f spirituality unless it is done for the very purpose of spirituality .
Old 08-04-2020, 01:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
One need to learn authentic spirituality for u to understand other's enlightenement. Judging others is not the primary business o f spirituality unless it is done for the very purpose of spirituality .

You seem to think you can know the internal state of another. I have no interest in that impossible task so wish you well and good luck.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:31 PM
Master

no judgement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
You seem to think you can know the internal state of another. I have no interest in that impossible task so wish you well and good luck.

When I say 'you' ,it means anybody including me who wants to judge others spirituality.

As I stated earlier , in spirituality the primary judge are oneself , one's guru (who may know disciple by virtue of close association with disciple ) and God . Nowhere I have stated that understanding other's spirituality is the exclusive prerogative of few. Of course spiritual people are not above board and beyond scrutiny. I have given functional requirement of the same that one must know the spirituality to understand the spirituality of others .

This happens in practical life also . If u want to assess the purity of the gold, there is definite process which jewellers know and possess can tell us. Any lay person without knowledge of such process and without access to means to do such process can not tell the purity of gold just by looking at the matter.