Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 18-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Pathfinder
Killing snake again

I was walking somewhere probably to my home, I witness these things

1) Three beautiful doves sitting next to each other all white ones
2) I see doves flying above my head
3) While on the way I see birds on the ground, I'm not sure what kind of birds maybe ducks, swans I was kinda happy to see them everywhere... I keep moving on..
4) I think I almost reached my home and suddenly I see snakes slithering on the ground and I noticed a thick black one and a fear gripped my heart and the next thing is it attacks me and I'm holding it in my hand keeping away from me and I also see my brother holding it from behind... he said something but I'm not sure what it was but surely some comforting words.... and the snake in a fraction of second opened its mouth so wide with full of power and rage and tried to grab my face and in split second somehow I just cut its head and I see it's flying on the ground...I knew I killed it.......and I calmly opened my eyes ending the dream.

I've reoccurring dreams of killing snakes....

any views?
Old 18-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Master
the atmosphere of the scene is one of peace and beauty.
as you travel trough the world, you are pleased with what you witness.
while approaching your home you become gripped with fear.
it seems that your yard is overrun with snakes; are they at home in your home?
your brother assists you in wrestling with the threat to your peace.
his comforting words are not recalled by you -- had he addressed them
to the thick black snake?

the idea behind these events is that you have disowned a portion of yourself.
something about yourself which you've judged as base and unworthy has
been shut off from your unconditional love. the notion that you'd surely
killed this energy is unfounded i believe... the dreams recur. the story of
Hercules cutting off the Hydras head comes to mind... that resulted in an
increase to the problem for him.
Old 19-01-2017, 07:10 AM
Guide

In Jungian dream psychology (read his Red Book journals on how own journey) the snake in the hand represents grappling with some kind of conflict. it is good if the conflict is resolved and overcome in the dream. In your case it seems the conflict lay with peace/calm vs threat and menace. The sudden death of the snake victory represented the trigger was tripped by the brother invoking peacefulness toward the menace.

the birds are good things, both flighted and kind of homey (thngs that tend to float on water or waddle on the ground or roost somewhere). yet your home itself was surrounded by conflict, unsettled.

maybe the solution a bit like 'become the change you want to see in the world' begins with your home base and grounding.
Old 19-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Master
Does the snake represent your darkest fear, is it a mirror of the darkest part of your own psyche - as opposed to the softer sweeter dove side.

When it attacks you, full of power and rage, are you just seeing that part of yourself, the intolerable power and rage within yourself, that you find endlessly threatening?

Dreams are the mirror of our subconscious mind, making characters of the aspects of ourselves that need work, if you say 'the black snake is me', how would that make you feel? Hopefully empowered by owning that part of your psyche, and once you have grasped it and fully see it you can kill it.

Once it is killed there will be calm within, but it has to be slain in full consciousness first.
Old 19-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Pathfinder
Thanks, you were all right about the conflict at home. My parents and brother are insisting on my marriage which I oppose it strongly. I'm scared of any kind of attachment and responsibility, I've already burned myself with one. This consistent pressure is killing me and also I'm not sure what is right for my life. This strong resistance within me for any kind of attachment..... and finally decided to flow instead of resist and said YES to them and let the existence take care.... after all it is the one which is holding me.

Thanks again friends.
Old 19-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Experiencer

Doves & Snakes ~

Interesting; almost opposite feelings portrayed ~ my opinion on interpretation.

The white doves may be showing you that your personal affairs at home are happy or you can look forward to a peaceful resolution of what may be troubling you.

Now the snakes: whew sounds troubling conditions concerning your sexual (you realize this yea?) passions (ie, slave to them, struggle against unfortunate circumstances, cheated by someone you trust perhaps).

And I'm wondering if you THOUGHT your brother was saying something comforting ~ hmmm. Only you can intuit this my friend,

Joyce
Old 19-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Master
i believe that you are well on your way to integrating the peace and
happiness you'd enjoyed in the earlier scenes into your 'everyday'
experiences at home.
Old 20-01-2017, 02:40 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariTheWinner
Thanks, you were all right about the conflict at home. My parents and brother are insisting on my marriage which I oppose it strongly. I'm scared of any kind of attachment and responsibility, I've already burned myself with one. This consistent pressure is killing me and also I'm not sure what is right for my life. This strong resistance within me for any kind of attachment..... and finally decided to flow instead of resist and said YES to them and let the existence take care.... after all it is the one which is holding me.

Thanks again friends.

Do you mean to say they are nagging you "you should get married. You should find somebody and marry somebody." ??

Loving relationships don't work that way. You know this :)

First love and respect your self, to be comfortable as the person you are truly meant to be. Then open the door for others, with respect; anything less is fear and co-dependence and manipulation and not good things.

I think the snake is conflict for attachment. You do in fact yearn for meeting someone who can speak calming soothing kinship kindness like your brother spoke; if you found such a soul mate you would find peace because you could be comfortable in relationship and marriage. But the nagging multiplicity without that centerd soul-sense (marriage for the sake of marriage) swarms domestic strife.
Old 20-01-2017, 12:16 PM
Master
Saying YES to their flow may not be in your true Self's best interests of course. As much as your actual problems may be on the top of your mind, it doesn't mean your dream is giving you practical advice about these problems. IMO dreams are more interested in our journey to our true Self and will happily disregard the hardest situations we find ourselves in in favour of a more metaphysical truth.

What about starting a thread on SF along the lines of 'forced marriage' and your situation, you could explore the issue out loud that way and maybe gain some fresh insight from other people even if it seems a bit hopeless to you right now.
Old 20-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Pathfinder
Forced is a strong word. I'm always given a free hand to my personal things, love at home was never been a problem. I'm safe and loved at home than anywhere else but this a tricky situation tough to explain. I've always been wrong on so many things that I needed but I was lead safely. But this distrust and fear was always within me and this strong resistant to any change...and this fear of attachment inspite all of this it's time to trust and to flow. This dream I felt the final blow to my ego. Love.