Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 12-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Smile New here & looking for some guidance

Hi everyone,

First of all I`m really looking forward to take part in this community,learn as much as possible and help where I can.

The advice I seek for is how to connect to universal love, to love everything I experience. Till this day I was fueled by anger and hatred, I`m a competitive athlete in sports which induces very much pain and require a lot of uncomfortable sensory input.

All this negativity pushed me to severe depression and I struggle to get my **** together, excuse me for the foul language, to start performing at international level.

If I look deep inside myself I certainly can say I`m a good person, I love to give to others, to help, although I always fall into bad\negative\egoistic thinking patterns.

I would like to be fueled by love to life, sports, the people I care about and all the beautiful things I would experience and give the people around me.

I think it could be my heart chakra is not active enough, contrary to the root and third eye chakra which are certainly active.
What would you advice me to do except of positive, forgiving, letting go affirmations ?

Thanks a lot !
Old 12-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveunityone
Hi everyone,

First of all I`m really looking forward to take part in this community,learn as much as possible and help where I can.

The advice I seek for is how to connect to universal love, to love everything I experience. Till this day I was fueled by anger and hatred, I`m a competitive athlete in sports which induces very much pain and require a lot of uncomfortable sensory input.

All this negativity pushed me to severe depression and I struggle to get my **** together, excuse me for the foul language, to start performing at international level.

If I look deep inside myself I certainly can say I`m a good person, I love to give to others, to help, although I always fall into bad\negative\egoistic thinking patterns.

I would like to be fueled by love to life, sports, the people I care about and all the beautiful things I would experience and give the people around me.

I think it could be my heart chakra is not active enough, contrary to the root and third eye chakra which are certainly active.
What would you advice me to do except of positive, forgiving, letting go affirmations ?

Thanks a lot !
Depression is nothing more than repressed anger, so if you really are depressed, work your anger out through your physical exercise, go running feeling the anger, make noises and express it. If your heart is not open it is because of fear.
Awareness meditation technique is one way you can deal with fear.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Hello.... Welcome....

Old 12-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Ascender
I'd like to give you a quote from one of the Upanishads that I read last night. It's called Death as Teacher. Basically this boy well versed in religion goes to Yama, Lord of Death, because he wants to know something. He has to wait 3 days and finally Yama returns. Being a wise Lord of Death, to make up for his inhospitably, he offers the boy, Nachiketa, three boons. The third boon he asks for is to know what happens when we die: do we keep living or just die? For this quote Yama just asked Nachiketa to ask for another boon such as any other pleasant thing of the senses. The boy refused and this is Yama's response:

"The joy of the Atman (or divine) ever abides,
But not what seems pleasant to the senses.
Perennial joy or passing pleasure?
This is the choice one is to make always.
Well have you renounced these passing pleasures
So dear to the senses, Nachiketa,
And turned your back on the way of the world
Which makes mankind forget the goal of life.
Far apart are wisdom and ignorance.
The first leads one to Self-realization;
The second makes one more and more
Estranged from his real Self.
It is but few who hear about the Self.
Fewer still dedicate their lives to its
Realization. Wonderful is the one
Who speaks about the Self; rare are they
Who make it the supreme goal of their lives."

So if you want to connect to universal love I would suggest understanding your being. Understanding who you are brings you right into the arms of the divine. My best wishes to you. Be well. Oh, almost forgot --

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!!!
Old 12-01-2016, 11:12 PM
Master

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear soul

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 13-01-2016, 12:50 AM
Master
Welcome :)
Old 13-01-2016, 12:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridek
I'd like to give you a quote from one of the Upanishads that I read last night. It's called Death as Teacher. Basically this boy well versed in religion goes to Yama, Lord of Death, because he wants to know something. He has to wait 3 days and finally Yama returns. Being a wise Lord of Death, to make up for his inhospitably, he offers the boy, Nachiketa, three boons. The third boon he asks for is to know what happens when we die: do we keep living or just die? For this quote Yama just asked Nachiketa to ask for another boon such as any other pleasant thing of the senses. The boy refused and this is Yama's response:

"The joy of the Atman (or divine) ever abides,
But not what seems pleasant to the senses.
Perennial joy or passing pleasure?
This is the choice one is to make always.
Well have you renounced these passing pleasures
So dear to the senses, Nachiketa,
And turned your back on the way of the world
Which makes mankind forget the goal of life.
Far apart are wisdom and ignorance.
The first leads one to Self-realization;
The second makes one more and more
Estranged from his real Self.
It is but few who hear about the Self.
Fewer still dedicate their lives to its
Realization. Wonderful is the one
Who speaks about the Self; rare are they
Who make it the supreme goal of their lives."

So if you want to connect to universal love I would suggest understanding your being. Understanding who you are brings you right into the arms of the divine. My best wishes to you. Be well. Oh, almost forgot --

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys ! :)

So certain chain of events which 90% of it not in my control, maybe some people will call it destiny, led me to the current situation I am into.

I must learn to see through the veil of sensory delusion which we all experience and the connection to the physical body. Then I`ll obtain total control of life.

Currently my sole obstacle is hunger, the most primal instinct which was able to survive till this day, it alters my mood, perception of reality, hijacks my control of self. I can go through infinite amount of physical pain but the hunger feels like someone pierced my soul with knife and twisting it inside me, like my primal mind loosing it and goes bananas.

I see this is a opportunity for obtaining total control and mastery in my physical body, I`m aware it will be a long journey.

Meditation, asanas, pranayama and right thought about loving everything around and one consciousness which we all part of. this is all more important for me then all the material things which will follow but I cannot say it is not important for me as it will serve my parents, future offspring and people I care about.

through suffering will come the transcendence ?

P.S I know suffering as self is thing of perception we can feel pain but not experience it as one.