Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 25-12-2016, 01:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Can only lie down when meditating. Problem?

Hey, I'm naturally very tall and slender, which makes it hard for me to have a straight spine as I'm prone to slouching.
I can make that lotus position with a straight spine, but it's very uncomfortable for me. I was wondering if I can do chakra meditation lying down in bed?
Old 25-12-2016, 01:34 PM
Ascender
As far as I understand things any position is fine for general meditations. The main thing is that you are comfortable :)
Old 25-12-2016, 01:34 PM
Experiencer
hi the shape of the typical position has to do with an alignment
or a sameness with others having done this , doing this
but sure do it as you do result should be just fine
Old 25-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Hello,

ofcourse you can meditate while laying on your bed.
The only challenge for every meditator is not to fall asleep while doing so.
I'm meditating for years this way and I've had the greatest experiences this way. :-) You could combine your meditation technique with Yoga Nidra (the yogic sleep), there is a pose called Shavasana (death pose). Where you lay on your back completely still without moving a tiny bit and withdraw the energy (completely) from your senses and muscles and turn your awareness within. This stage is called Pratyahara (sense withdrawal), if you're able to do this, then you can focus 100% of your will into your spine and the chakras. Hope this information will help you further.

Joy to you,
goodwill
Old 25-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Master
I lay on my bed to meditate, because of a few medical and spine issues.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Yes of course you can. Just make sure you don't fall a sleep :)
Old 07-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Master
I've been doing it on my back since I was 17 and I'm 54 now but mostly, I reckon, it's because I'm inherently lazy and it's simply easier to go with what I know than be bothered with straining into something that ain't comfortable.

Except now, though it is a good thing, I mostly have a good old bunch of pain sitting in me during meditation and I'm vaguely thinking it'd be a good idea to get more kinda yogic stuff happening. Not necessarily to get away from the pain but to spread it round as it were.

What I'm saying I guess is that any kind of meditation isn't really right or wrong so much that it's a process that we go into which will bring us back to ourselves beyond, one hopes, the determination of what's right or wrong.

It's like Eckhart says about homosexuality in that it's good simply because it gives one a way to break away from predetermined roles but that when it becomes a role it's lost it's usefulness. Therein it's not the role that counts but how the role allows us to get beyond roles.