Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 06:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I see Earth-life as a type of huge learning place.

I'm not part of any organized religion.

I don't like learning. I never liked school. It was hard. It's depressing for me to perceive Earth-life as a huge school from which there is no escape even when one is not a part of any organized religion.

Where will dropouts go, Miss Hepburn?
Old 06-06-2021, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
I don't like learning. I never liked school. It was hard. It's depressing for me to perceive Earth-life
as a huge school from which there is no escape even when one is not a part of any organized religion.
To the bowels of an eternal lake of fire. Kidding!
Think of it not as a regimented school with desks and tests and homework...think of it more like
an Archery Class or a Swimming Class!! See?
Voila!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-06-2021, 06:58 PM
Master

Quote:
I don't like learning. I never liked school. It was hard. It's depressing for me to perceive Earth-life as a huge school from which there is no escape even when one is not a part of any organized religion.

So you don't like learning and you didn't like school. Academic learning at school is mainly absorbing what we are taught and then parroting it back, and if we can repeat it accurately we get a good grade. Most of it is a waste of time.

Learning the lessons of life is very different. It is about learning to be patient, kind, tolerant, generous, accepting. It is about learning to be resilient in the face of adversity. It is about learning to accept responsibility and do whatever is required to be done. It is about discovering the freedom of self-discipline rather than the tyranny of discipline imposed from outside. It is about questioning conventional thinking to discover our own path. These things are not a waste of time.

You may say that you don't like learning but every day you are alive can be a learning experience, whether you like it or not.

And dropping out is not an option. We can drop out of school and do something else instead, or sit around the house all day doing nothing. But how can we drop out of life? We are alive, and therefore everything we choose to do is our way of participating in life. And gradually we learn that some choices are more fulfilling than others.

Peace
Old 06-06-2021, 07:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Learning the lessons of life is very different. It is about questioning conventional thinking to discover our own path.

Questioning conventional thinking has been a scary experience for me.

What have you discovered (in your inquiry into conventional thinking) that led to a way of life that is off the beaten path of convention?
Old 06-06-2021, 07:59 PM
Master

Quote:
To the bowels of an eternal lake of fire. Kidding!
Think of it not as a regimented school with desks and tests and homework...think of it more like
an Archery Class or a Swimming Class!! See?
Voila!

No one gets to suffer a kidney stone in swimming or even math class, Miss Hepburn.

Earth-life schooling is brutal.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:52 PM
Quote:
No one gets to suffer a kidney stone in swimming or even math class, Miss Hepburn.
Earth-life schooling is brutal.
It certainly can be!
You probably don't see a reason for many things and think them unjust.
But, I know there's a bigger picture ...Nothing is what it seems.
You don't need to believe it or me, of course!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-06-2021, 12:56 AM
Master

Quote:
It certainly can be!
You probably don't see a reason for many things and think them unjust.
But, I know there's a bigger picture ...Nothing is what it seems.
You don't need to believe it or me, of course!

I am not looking for a reason for suffering a kidney stone (among other things such as getting nailed to the cross by other people). I don't care about the reason. I just don't want to suffer in Earth-life school. I didn't harm anyone and don't ever intend to.

Why are you in favor of Earth-life education? Are you a school teacher by profession?
Old 07-06-2021, 12:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Questioning conventional thinking has been a scary experience for me.

What have you discovered (in your inquiry into conventional thinking) that led to a way of life that is off the beaten path of convention?

What areas of my life are off the beaten path of convention?

I question the Western approach to medicine, which deals in treating symptoms rather than treating the whole person. And the usual remedy prescribed by doctors is some pharmaceutical drug which has various side-effects so the doctor then prescribes another drug to counteract the side-effects but that drug also has its own side-effects, and so on. So I tend to use alternative approaches to healing.

I question much of the thinking of current science which has developed a great understanding of the physical world but has not really begun to investigate the non-physical realms of consciousness. So when it comes to the major questions of life and death I do not look to science for answers. I place much more faith in the paths of Yoga which has been investigating consciousness for thousands of years. We have barely begun to tap into our potential as human beings.

I question much of the information presented by the media, which is geared towards presenting a particular viewpoint. You do not have to be a conspiracy theorist to consider the possibility that the general public are kept in a state of ignorance over the truth behind various global events.

I question the conventional theories over the development of humanity over the past 500,000 years. It makes more sense to me that our current civilisation is the latest in a long series of civilisations which have come and gone, including the possibility of extraterrestrial or non-physical intervention.

I could provide further examples but you get the idea. Much of this does not directly affect how I live, apart from avoiding doctors and my choices in diet. Otherwise my life is outwardly quite "normal" - I live in an ordinary house (not off the grid), I drive a car, I pay my bills. I simply do not buy into many of the ideas which are taught as facts, because for me these facts are insufficient.

And yes, it can be scary to consider that much of what is commonly accepted as true may be totally inaccurate. But I would rather look into these things and come to my own conclusions than just blindly believe all the so-called experts.

Peace
Old 07-06-2021, 01:09 AM
Quote:
I don't like learning.
But this learning is learning how to be happy, learning how the world and Universe work!!!!

Old 07-06-2021, 02:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

And yes, it can be scary to consider that much of what is commonly accepted as true may be totally inaccurate. But I would rather look into these things and come to my own conclusions than just blindly believe all the so-called experts.

Peace

How scary can it get when you don't live off grid, drive a car, and pay your bills like everybody else?

It gets scary only when you live in the moment, neither toil nor spin like the lilies of the field and the birds of the air.
Closed Thread