Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-07-2017, 03:38 AM
Newbie ;)

The soul and spirit of psychopaths

Psychopaths lack conscience and empathy, making them manipulative, volatile and often (but by no means always) criminal. What is wrong with the soul and spirit of psychopaths? What happens to them both to make the person like this as soon as they are born?
Old 16-07-2017, 05:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualNovice
Psychopaths lack conscience and empathy, making them manipulative, volatile and often (but by no means always) criminal. What is wrong with the soul and spirit of psychopaths? What happens to them both to make the person like this as soon as they are born?
Psychopaths believe they are not responsible or accountable for their actions, but do not shift the onus of responsibility onto anything greater than themselves, thus fully absolving themselves from their actions and resulting karma.

Psychopathy is generally, but not always, hereditary or is of karmic influence or consequence.

My father is a psychopath - a serial pedophile and sexual predator who is now spending life in prison for about a hundred misdemeanours against young children...some as young as eight years old. Even in jail, in solitary confinement, he has absolutely no regret or remorse. All he ever talks about is proving everybody else wrong and getting out of jail and I'm like 'yeah...good luck with that'.

So much for 'what will the neighbours think?' eh? eh??? I learned the reason why I was treated so badly as a child was because he knew such people existed 'out there' through bloody personal experience! I was the result of his overcompensation to 'keep up social appearances'.

Thus, I am also a psychopath. I have no conscience, empathy, emotions or remorse (having been raised by a psychopath) but I have learned to shift the onus of my actions directly to a Divine source. Now, of course you have those psychos who will say "God made me do it" but it's rare you'll find one who can actually say "God did it, I didn't". That's the difference.
Old 16-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Lorelyen

I'd have difficulty drawing up any connection between spirituality and psychopathology which is about technical definitions and cultural context. Sure, spirituality is as cultural but encompasses the all while not always following the social norms that lead to psychiatric diagnoses.

It comes back to classification and meaning to me. At what point does one shift from being "normal" to become a psychopath? Or the reverse? Is it useful to try to relate a medicinal/ technical view of mental state to beliefs, faith, spiritual practices? Who isn't a psychopath?

Old 16-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Badcopyinc

I think all souls are the same. It's the ones who feed into fear and anger that get classified as such.

If you look at the big picture. It is believed by some that we retain our experiences from all our lives in a place known to us as subconscious. So if our goal as a spirit is to progress spiritually we must first dig into the depths of sadness anger hate self loathing and sometimes abusing others because that tourments them more than the one receiving. If the lesson isn't gained in this life it will be more fuel to the fire in the next. But regardless it's us teaching ourself a lesson. We just need to have the Vision to view it as such to receive the benifits and gain wisdom of true love through the darkness of our self inflicted pain.
Old 17-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
I think all souls are the same. It's the ones who feed into fear and anger that get classified as such.
Bingo. An extremely unwelcome understanding in a world bent on revenge and payback, i.e. the Hitlers of the world are twisted souls who end up in eternal hell, sort of thing.

No soul will be left behind. Every soul will become self-realized. And in Hitler's case, dude has some serious karma to "burn off" first.
Old 16-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualNovice

We're talking about the brain, not the spirit and soul of one individual anyway. Probably there are factors related to what (how) the brain sees and trying to accomplish and less to the attachment to some direct or direction of spirituality idea. Just the human factor. Isn't it just biochemical. Explainable! What is in nature is in nature. There are reasons that include society, social norms and non-involvement that continue or ignore it until it is too late. I've always considered spirituality to include everyone . There is a spiritual matrix imo.
Old 16-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
In my opinion the problem lies in human's tendency to identify the soul with the quality of the human. It simply is not the truth. Our soul can take on a certain personality, possibly with a brain that is defective or not functioning normally or from a perspective of love, to learn a lesson but the soul itself is not damaged or evil or broken. The challenge for the soul is to see past it's human failings and pain to learn how to express its love through the confused blind human form. It's all just smoke and mirrors created to cause us to think badly about ourselves so we can find our way back to our true loving state as a human and it is not easy. Where psychopaths come in is that they give the rest of us an opportunity to experience abuse and pain we would not otherwise with those souls who have worked through the human condition to find their love in human form. Again, they never lost it as a soul, just that the human form may not be able to express it out of fear.

They say the best way to know who we really are is by experiencing who we are not. It gives our soul a context to feel the true breath of our profound state of love as souls. But if all we know is love having been born into it we can't truly know what that love feels like unless we have felt totally void of love. The human experience is temporary and psychopaths, criminals and the like give other humans a chance to work with painful experiences. A doctor can't learn to be a great doctor without sick people. A detective can learn to be a good detective without crimes. People can't learn to triumph over pain without someone or something inflicting that pain upon them. and we can't truly know our love, what our love feels like, without feeling its painful opposite. So it is possible that psychopaths are new to the human experience (but that doesn't mean their souls are unpure) or it could mean that they are actually pretty advanced and allowing their human selves to be a tool for others to experience an intensely difficult life. Quite brave of both souls actually if you think about it. At least that is my opinion. who knows if it is right but it's what makes sense to me. But the point being, if we identify our soul with our human self we are bound to have a low self image. All humans are flawed to some degree and who is to say what truly constitutes a good human. It's a moving target based on personal views. So the question then becomes not what is wrong with the soul but what is the purpose of a psychopath in the play of life.
Old 17-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
In my opinion the problem lies in human's tendency to identify the soul with the quality of the human.
Nice observation, very insightful.
Old 17-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Talking Wholistic Biological/Soul

Biological = soul ergo are synonyms biological/soul. This is dealing with the whole and not specific parts of the brain/nervous system

There is no seperation of the two i.e. no distinction to be made within the whole.

..."They don't lack empathy but they have a switch to turn it on and off. By default, it seems to be off," Christian Keysers, from the University of Groningen in the Netherlands, told BBC."....

http://www.medicaldaily.com/psychopa...it-will-248028

..."In a study published in the Journal of Neuroscience on October 9, 2013, Max Planck researchers identified that the tendency to be egocentric is innate for human beings – but that a part of your brain recognizes a lack of empathy and autocorrects.

....This specific part of your brain is called the the right supramarginal gyrus. When this brain region doesn't function properly—or when we have to make particularly quick decisions—the researchers found one’s ability for empathy is dramatically reduced.:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...cience-empathy

The right supramarginal can only be a part of a our whole biological/soul.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 02-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
In my opinion the problem lies in human's tendency to identify the soul with the quality of the human. It simply is not the truth. Our soul can take on a certain personality, possibly with a brain that is defective or not functioning normally or from a perspective of love, to learn a lesson but the soul itself is not damaged or evil or broken. The challenge for the soul is to see past it's human failings and pain to learn how to express its love through the confused blind human form. It's all just smoke and mirrors created to cause us to think badly about ourselves so we can find our way back to our true loving state as a human and it is not easy. Where psychopaths come in is that they give the rest of us an opportunity to experience abuse and pain we would not otherwise with those souls who have worked through the human condition to find their love in human form. Again, they never lost it as a soul, just that the human form may not be able to express it out of fear.

They say the best way to know who we really are is by experiencing who we are not. It gives our soul a context to feel the true breath of our profound state of love as souls. But if all we know is love having been born into it we can't truly know what that love feels like unless we have felt totally void of love. The human experience is temporary and psychopaths, criminals and the like give other humans a chance to work with painful experiences. A doctor can't learn to be a great doctor without sick people. A detective can learn to be a good detective without crimes. People can't learn to triumph over pain without someone or something inflicting that pain upon them. and we can't truly know our love, what our love feels like, without feeling its painful opposite. So it is possible that psychopaths are new to the human experience (but that doesn't mean their souls are unpure) or it could mean that they are actually pretty advanced and allowing their human selves to be a tool for others to experience an intensely difficult life. Quite brave of both souls actually if you think about it. At least that is my opinion. who knows if it is right but it's what makes sense to me. But the point being, if we identify our soul with our human self we are bound to have a low self image. All humans are flawed to some degree and who is to say what truly constitutes a good human. It's a moving target based on personal views. So the question then becomes not what is wrong with the soul but what is the purpose of a psychopath in the play of life.

A well thought out response and thank you for sharing.
I would add just a bit to it, if I might

IMO, I think the perfecting or becoming of the individual soul and the purpose of the psychopath in the play of life are intertwined at every level, and that they cannot ever be taken apart one from the other.

So, given that understanding that the individual and all others...and the entire play of life are all one in interbeing...

Then I don't think the lesson of suffering at the hands of the psychopath is the lesson per se, nor that we need to continue to learn this lesson ad nauseum from every possible manner of abuser or predator or aggressor in existence (as so many of us have already, worldwide...and in many lifetimes).

Meaning....I think the lessons learnt are simply always the outcome of where we are and what we have brought forward to that moment. Based on choices taken (hopefully ever more conscious, centred, and loving choices), we then create the next now moment, and the next and the next. Which we refer to as the future.

That is, we decide what our choices will be and thus we decide what our lessons learnt will be. Not just beforehand, but in every moment during our lifetime. The moment we decide to choose to stop engaging in or enabling situations, outcomes, and persons that/who are misaligned with love and centre and unity, that's the moment we begin to script our own lessons. And to detach from all those imposed lessons until such time as we can fully remove ourselves.

And that's the moment we begin to realise that wherever possible, we can choose not to underwrite or to keep receiving lessons of cruelty, abuse or even simple needless unkindness. We can see them simply as imposed challenges, of which at the earliest opportunity we will no longer partake -- as they no longer resonate with the love and with our alignment with who we are at centre. At least 50% of any lesson (if not 100% of some lessons) is simply learning how to love the self equally to all others, meaning to detach and remove oneself from many situations until and unless the entire situation can be transformed or brought to a better place for ALL -- meaning for you too ;)

Hopefully, there are a vast number of lessons we can immediately unsubscribe from, and an equally vast number of new lessons we can immediately begin to learn from...lessons we now are choosing for ourselves. Lessons where we clearly and consciously choose the lesson so that we can experience balance, joy, equanimity, and authentic love in our being and doing.

It's very simply voting with your feet (and every other aspect of your being) about the kinds of lessons you will receive, right this very instant and going forward, whenever YOU have any say in it.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke