Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 14-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
I am still trying--and here is what I have found out from the Mayo Clinic and CDC websites...

From the CDC;

It seems that 10 to 20% of infected patients have a genetic pre-disposition to an auto-immune reaction--which generally clears-up on its own within 6 months to 1 year.

The symptoms are similar to the Flu and my LUPUS--
aching joints, sporatic fever, fatigue, and irritability.

There is still some question as to whether (or not) some of the bacteria may linger in the system (during this period)--so they are still testing and experimenting.

They believe it is more likely that this disease can cause residual damage to tissues and the immune system (in general)--until the body has had sufficient time to heal completely and additional rounds of anti-biotics are not prescribed (at present).

The Mayo Clinic goes one step farther and warns that if you are studing alternatives in Naturopathic treatments--Post Treatment Lyme Disease Patients should avoid Bismacine Injections. They believe that Bismuth Metal is cumulative and can lead to kidney and heart failure.

However--you can use basic Holistic techniques to support your body's natural healing process and ease your symptoms as follows;

**The following is how I treat my LUPUS and after 31 years of living with this chronic illness I am still fully functioning and self-sufficient.**

I avoid OTCs as much as possible--due to unpleasant side effects.

I use B Complex once per day (early morning--after breakfast)--
to combat fatigue--and make it a practice to get close to 8 hours of sleep each night.

I use Tumeric capsules to combat inflammation and decrease joint pain.

I use Acidophalus to support healthy digestion.

I avoid succrose, fried foods, and limit red meat, dairy, alcohol, soy, pre-processed foods, and white starchy foods.

I eat lots of fresh fruits, veggies, chicken, fish, home made soups, whole grains, brown rice.

I use aromatherapy and long baths to reduce stress and ease aching muscles.

I drink a cup of Scullcap/Peppermint Tea--my own blend--
for severe muscle contractions and wheezing--while in the bath (if possible)--but never before driving!

I need to do a better job of actually performing my Yoga routine (daily).

I use deep breathing and affirmations to re-center myself following a stressful day at the office--or family drama!

Think on some of these for a while and feel free to PM me--
if you would like to ask questions--or share in any way.

Peace and Love on your path to Total Healing...

Blessed be...

Wow....good stuff!

I have found that the 7-8 hours sleep helps tremendously and regular yoga in the morning does me wonders as well. It's like exercise makes you feel normal where it use to make you feel above normal..lol
The deep breathing is key as well
The digestive system is the key for me. I have found that Chia seeds in the morning seems to slow my digestion down allowing me to process my food better. I definately have to check into acidophalus!
I use to be a vegetarian and had to stop because (what I believe anyways) is that my digestive system could not benifet from the little B12 I was getting. Once I started eating meat again, I felt 100% better in a matter of 3 weeks. I may start supplementing as you suggest..as well as the diet tips you gave.
Tumeric capsules is a new one that I will have to try.
What are OTC's?
Having dealy successfully with lupus for over 30 years, you are a valuable source of information. I sensed that and am overjoyed with this help you gave me.
Thank you, thankyou............
Old 14-11-2012, 10:42 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Wow....good stuff!

I have found that the 7-8 hours sleep helps tremendously and regular yoga in the morning does me wonders as well. It's like exercise makes you feel normal where it use to make you feel above normal..lol
The deep breathing is key as well
The digestive system is the key for me. I have found that Chia seeds in the morning seems to slow my digestion down allowing me to process my food better. I definately have to check into acidophalus!
I use to be a vegetarian and had to stop because (what I believe anyways) is that my digestive system could not benifet from the little B12 I was getting. Once I started eating meat again, I felt 100% better in a matter of 3 weeks. I may start supplementing as you suggest..as well as the diet tips you gave.
Tumeric capsules is a new one that I will have to try.
What are OTC's?
Having dealy successfully with lupus for over 30 years, you are a valuable source of information. I sensed that and am overjoyed with this help you gave me.
Thank you, thankyou............

You are very welcome!

OTCs are over the counter meds. that can have all kinds of nasty side-effects--especially when taken in large quantities--or w/ alcohol.

I (also) was a Vegetarian for (8) years and had to quit--due to anemia.

I'm very glad that you have already discovered some of what I have learned and hope that you continue to research and learn what works best for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions--or would just like to chat. I love to share.

Peace and Love on your path to better Health Management...

Blessed be...