Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 14-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Master
Intolerance to dairy and also to gluten (wheat, barley and rye) can commonly cause chronic IBS.

You may want to get a gluten intolerance test to confirm, but often complete removal of these foods (dairy & gluten) from your diet will, over time, resolve all or most of your irritable bowel.

Additionally, probiotics & natural herbs for healing, digestion, & inflammation are also good, as others have mentioned.

Good luck!
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 16-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Pathfinder

Loving this thread, as I, too, suffer from IBS. Will definitely put some of this advice to action.
Old 17-12-2012, 08:45 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwithin
Hello,

Does anyone have any natural remedies on how to cure IBS. I'm having some major symptoms, and although I've read some tips online, I'm curious what ideas you all have!

Hi lightwithin

I came across a healing workshop sometime back and it was very useful to reduce my hypothyroid etc. The tips were very simple to follow and helps in any kind of problems you might have.
  • Eating right
    • Using 6 kinds of tastes with each meal (sweet,Bitter, sour, saline and spicy or hot)
    • Start with sweet to kick start your digestive juices and then start your meal
    • If you feel like having more of certain taste do so and stop immediately if you feel enough.
    • Eat when you feel hungry, do not starve
    • Chew the food properly. Any food item would digest thoroughly if you mix it properly with saliva and eat. If you eat this way you will feel that you would burp after every bite (means your food is being digested well)
    • Avoiding drinking water etc while eating (if required at all just a sip)
    • Concetrating on eating instead of watching TV or talking. Avoid opening your mouth while eating, close your mouth and eat.
    • Avoid eating immediately after taking bath (if you eat, take bath after 2 hours or if you take batch first wait for 30 mins before you eat)
These simple tips really aided me in developing good helath. Ofcourse I was on my pills when I was following all this and my recent tests showed that my levels have improved, hoping to come completely off the pills Hope this helps.
Old 20-12-2012, 11:08 AM
JazzJazz

I suffer from this too so I can empathise with how uncomfortable it can be I found one of the things that's really improved my symptoms though is cutting down on caffeinated products and instead drinking more water. I think the recommended amount is 1.5 to 2L a day so I tend to carry about a small 500ml drinking bottle and fill it up when empty. It makes it easier to calculate how much I've drank I also found peppermint tea worked wonders too.
Old 30-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Experiencer
Go to Natures Sunshine website and order the product CLT-X, this will help tremendously!
Old 31-12-2012, 04:05 PM
escucharla

I've also been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome. Depending on whether you have the diarrhea or constipation type, I would recommend senna leaf tea to get your bowels moving.

Let me know how it works out!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:23 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you to everyone for all your helpful tips and advice!! I was tested for celiac disease but it came back negative. I have always been able to eat anything and drink anything, and I have NOT been able to have any milk, coffee, or alcohol. How is that possible?? I wasn't a big drinker of any of those except coffee (which I really miss). I have obviously cut those items out of my diet and ive been doing much better. Certain tomatoe sauces I will still react to ( I guess its the acid in the tomatoes), but otherwise Ive noticed a big difference, Cammomile Tea has REALLY helped!!

Love and light to you all
Old 08-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Ciqala

IBS is unknown, it is but a label given when health professionals cannot figure out what is wrong with your gastrointestinal tract/bowels/digestive system.

In naturopathy there are only 5 ways that you get sick, and the CURE for everything is reversing these 5 things.

1. Food and Water. What you have been eating and drinking encourages an unhealthy environment in your body, and introduces chemicals, toxins, poisons, metals, pollutants. Reversing this includes proper diet, and clean water.
2. Elimination of Waste. Eliminating organs do not function properly, due to poor diet, they cannot do a proper job of cleansing your body, which leaves a build up of waste. The eliminating organs are the skin, lungs, liver, kidneys, lymphatic system and bowels. Reversing this includes cleansing and detoxing. And then making sure to give them proper nutrients to strengthen.
3. Exercise. Lack of it promotes poor circulation of blood, lymph, low oxygen supply, sluggish weak immune system, which is the kind of environment where germs and cancer thrive in. Reversing this means adding an exercise routine into your life.
4. Stress. Stress is everywhere, and it is the leading cause of disease today. Reversing this include self work, meditation, relaxation, and learning to be happy.
5. Spiritual. As written by Paul Blake Phd, “You may not know it but the spiritual causes of disease rank high in their ability to cause you to be sick. Here are some of them, Fear, Anger, Hate, Self Loathing, Hopelessness, Misery and Despair. These emotions can twist and warp your body, mind and soul, prying open the door to any disease you can imagine.”

The reason I have IBS is because I starved myself for 13 years of my life, ate not a thing and when I did overdosed on laxatives and ******* myself until near death, this was due to anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. The damage to my body led to massive destruction on my organs, this was all self inflicted and caused the 5 reasons above.

But even when your organs have shut down and died they can heal if you give them proper nutrition. It may take as many years as it took me to destroy my organs to heal them fully. The symptoms are gone now, but I'm still going to have symptoms if I stop whats working.
If you've been denying your body of proper nutrition a cleanse is the last thing you want to do.
Recovery was very painful, but I got through it and the only symptoms I was left with were IBS and awful rectal bleeding.

I made the changes slowly and did an elimination diet during a cleanse, and although I am not celiac, I found my body could not digest gluten products or dairy products at all.
Gluten is actually not digestible by most humans, because it was only introduced into our diets not long ago.
Dairy is not digestible by a lot of people either for the same reason. But also milk is pretty poisonous when it is not raw. Raw milk can actually cure many diseases, but it is hard to find. I grew up on raw milk as a child on a dairy farm, but as soon as I switched to grocery store milk I could not tolerate it.

Once I cut those things out, my body was able to digest things a lot more easier and I had zero symptoms.

Then I realized I cannot eat past 7 at night, because my digestive system shuts down for the night at that time.

Oh and also with bowel issues, my chinese herbalist gave me some weird chi pills - all they do is balance the spleen, and therefore bring harmony to it, in other words, they relax the bowel and stop it from clenching due to stress.
Those worked, but he recommended me to meditate more often near water, I did so and haven't needed them ever since.

When it comes to food... I eat ALL organic and no chemicals and I even filter my water really well.
Lots of fruits and vegetables... I am real big on juicing.

But here's the thing. If you have IBS, eating lots of veggies and fruits can actually irritate you - fiber is not always a good thing, which is why I swear by juicing! You get the right kind of fiber that way. The pulpy stuff can actually make it worse for some peoples bowels. For me, it gives me awful never ending bowel movements. Something about insoluble fiber and soluble fiber... For me the grainy fiber is not good.
But when I juice it's okay as I don't get the pulp, and I get the nutrients I need and even more servings of veggies and fruits that way.

I also love eating tons of raw foods (not all). It's mostly because I despise cooking LoL
But also because I love being close spiritually to my food when it is alive with so many nutrients and it gives me more nutrients than if I were to cook it.
Tons of raw salmon, and blue rare steaks, raw eggs. I am not at all a vegetarian as I don't believe it's healthy.

Besides most vegetarians I know hardly ever eat healthy, tofo products are one of the most loaded with chemicals and ****, they never eat veggies and instead load their plates with carbs, potatoes, pastas, gluten things and sweets. They really don't care about their health (Im actually referring to my sister and her boyfriend) they care more about animal cruelty.

I know you can get protein in lots of other things (but you have to eat lots of alternatives because for someone who weighs 160 pounds they would need about 80 grams of protein a day, do you even know how much spinach that is?), and I really don't think getting nutrients from powder is healthy either.

I need lots of sustenance though. I work out more advanced than the average person. I find when I eat all veggies I'm hungry in a few seconds after. I mean, that's the same for big meals of not vegetables even. It's impossible for me to fuel myself on just vegetables, as I would be eating all day long and still not get enough into my body.

My vega protein powder is good when in a fix (most times cannot afford meat), but otherwise I eat my food like veggies alive with real medicine and nutrients and healing energy in it.
But there are other nutrients you don't usually hear of in meat, that are vital for our brains and bodies that you cannot find anywhere else in nature.

There are actually some cheap all-ready cooked whole chickens I buy at the grocery store. They probably are loaded with chemicals, but they are actually cheaper than buying one chicken thigh uncooked.

I also make sure to often treat myself to a food I would consider otherwise unhealthy every now and then. Fortunately I never had a sweet tooth, never liked sodas, or coffees, and my idea of "unhealthy" is cheese and rice crackers LoL
It's only considered unhealthy for me because they are not organic, but I suppose my entire environment is toxic enough as it is, so its probably fine to ingest chemicals once in a while.

I was also kind of worried about possible radiation levels in the salmon, but I'm not really worried about that anymore. It doesn't seem to be bothering me. I can't live without fish and sushi!

I realize I am writing way too much. But anyways, I cured my IBS through just those things I mentioned.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Master
There is a "hard-core" cure for many health problems based on the precepts of Macrobiotics [Michio Kushi - a Japanese physician].
The basics are - 20 % protein [mostly soya products and beans + fish], 40% whole grains [mostly rice, barley - no wheat] and 40% vegetables of all kinds including sea veg. Minor amounts of fruit, nuts. It is important to vary cooking methods a lot - raw a no-no. Even salad is "cooked".
There are recipe books published by Michio's wife, Evaline, which are excellent. Lots of info in Google.
Always worth considering !
Old 19-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Master
organic
low g.i. diet
hay diet
rotate food
tai chi (very good for the gut)
avoid mercury fillings
check for gluten sensitivity
avoid too much raw as this weakens the spleen meridian

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."