Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 07-09-2022, 06:12 PM
asearcher

What makes you feel at home?

I know of 2 places that truly felt like home to me, one I want to return to one day, if possible, the other only exist in my memory.

I know when I have helped people move they can even start to cry as they are leaving their home after many years and say their goodbye and I have not said anything but try to show compassion. To me it is a blur of all the places I've lived except for those 2. To me it is not the years, that much I have gathered that make me feel at home or not.

It would be interesting to know how others feel, what is it you think that makes you feel at home? Why do you get attached to one place but not the other? And so on. Anything you wish to share :)
Old 09-09-2022, 06:54 PM
Master
There’s a place near me in the middle of two roads where they meet at a junction- the house is a triangle brick house on the island of the junction: it’s got my roots firmly placed and one day I will own it or make a house just like…

It feels like home, kinda Victorian age old brick .. with rooftop boudoirs..

I’ve had some inserts regarding it, but I know what home looks like now.. so one day I carry it with me till I can manifest it..

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 14-09-2022, 12:21 PM
Master
just with my soulmate partner and tf
Old 08-10-2022, 07:19 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

There are a lot of things that can make me feel at home. Having a comfortable place to relax, being around people I care about, and feeling like I belong are all important factors.

Having a place that is clean and organized can also help me feel more at ease and relaxed.

Knowing where everything is and feeling like I have a space that is just mine can help me feel more settled.

Sometimes, simply having a cup of tea or being able to take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life can make all the difference.

For me, feeling at home is about being able to relax and feel comfortable. It's about being surrounded by people I care about and feeling like I belong. It's about having a space that is just mine, where I can escape from the rest of the world and just be myself.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:34 PM
Master
Being in complete alignment with Self.
May sound easy, and should be easy, but life does what life does and throws stuff on your path, big or small, that disrupts that flow. Disruption can be minor or big.
Generally we're in alignment with Self when in love, that's why it feels so good.
But I've also had it on other occasions and it's glorious. To hold on to it 24/7 is another thing.
Old 09-10-2022, 03:46 AM
Master
I have lived in Europe, Asia, the Orient, Middle East, and the Americas. I traveled a great deal when I was in
the U.S. Army and I used to say “home is where you lay your head” but I have since learned that home is
deep within me. The first time I experienced quiet meditation, back in the 1970’s, I said to myself “this feels
like home, home like I have never felt home before.” I carry my home around with me in my heart of hearts.
But I have never felt a permanent home here in this world.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:07 AM
Master

At the moment, it would be kindness which feels like home to me.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:59 PM
Master
My current ‘home’ learning is adaption. Or if you like, the learning that home is everywhere I am. It’s what I make it to be regardless of what is. The feeling of home is what resides inside me as home. How I feel from within. What moves as home outside of this, is a co created reality.

I’ve been living in other people’s homes, house sitting, renting (with all their belongings in the house). It’s been a financial godsend and most often as a caretaker their home gains a lot if tlc, a whole lotta love, home improvements. My partner and I respect and look after their home as our own. So it’s a lovely inclusiveness of giving and receiving together.

This is the lived experience of my world.

From a spiritual perspective, it’s very symbolic. As an empathetic and highly sensitive person, finding the home I am within me, means that no longer am I contained by others and their home within them. No longer am I carrying others as myself. So the home of others outside me seems connected to breaking free from a greater perspective of home. So these homes of others relates strongly to my ever changing, growing reality within me. Also too developing the awareness and state of being connected to my home within, shows me quite clearly how it creates my reality as one together.

Right now I’m readying to move into another home, only this time it’s a friends house, low rent and empty of others belongings. So we get to put all our own belongings in to use. We are supported in the provision. We create it as our home.

This home has its twin right beside it, so this too symbolises the mirror of itself..;) (reality is a wonderful teacher)

After this home, hopefully ‘our own. That’s the new plan..:)