Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Master
Jesus implied that he was responsible for us.

If one was to believe what it says in the New Testament then Jesus implied that he was/is responsible for us. In a sense that means that we are incapable of being responsible for ourselves the full 100%.

He implied that we need him to save us - that we cannot do it ourselves. The responsibility lies with him and not us to save us.

Hence I get very confused. Should I rely on Jesus to save me, or should I attempt to do it myself? Or a bit of both perhaps?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Master
Phillippians 2:12 12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God who worketh in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Master
Maybe it is a little like children Honza ... maybe we grow more awareness and reach a state where we no longer require someone to 'watch' over us ... I didnt know Jesus (no formal religious instruction) but, from what i have read, and through what has been 'explained' to me, he seemed like he was concerned with our spiritual welfare ...
Old 03-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
Phillippians 2:12 12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence,
but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation
with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God who worketh in you,
both to will and to do of His good pleasure.
Excellent! A perfect response to the op.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Bluegreen

If it is true that we are all individualized parts of All That Is then it would be logical in my view that we are responsible for ourselves and each other.

It says: 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!' (Matthew 25:40)

I do not believe that Jesus ever said that we need him to be saved. I rather think that what he said was that he showed us how to grow spiritually.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Maybe it is a little like children Honza ... maybe we grow more awareness and reach a state where we no longer require someone to 'watch' over us ... I didnt know Jesus (no formal religious instruction) but, from what i have read, and through what has been 'explained' to me, he seemed like he was concerned with our spiritual welfare ...

The trouble is that I often feel like a little child and I often wish there was someone bigger around to watch over me. I often cry out for God. I feel very alone and abandoned at times.

The I AM teachings are helping me to accept responsibility for myself, but I often feel I need a little help.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:10 PM
GhostMachine

Why would you trust a book that was compiled and written by men?

Do some research on the origins of the bible, THEN decide if you really want to follow the man it talked about.

Besides, all the power to 'save yourself' you already have. You don't need another man, living or otherwise, to lead you to your own divinity.

Just Listen.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMachine
Why would you trust a book that was compiled and written by men?

Do some research on the origins of the bible, THEN decide if you really want to follow the man it talked about.

Besides, all the power to 'save yourself' you already have. You don't need another man, living or otherwise, to lead you to your own divinity.

Just Listen.

But in my experience, using the ego to overcome the ego - using a false self to find the true self - is an exercise in frustration. Surrender to grace is still very much a requirement, even when we realize that the divinity we are submitting to is within, not remote and external.
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Master
The trouble is that some people dispute whether Jesus actually IS grace. And whether his grace can help ours.

I find I am very attracted to Jesus and his apparent offer of "salvation".

Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Ecthalion

If through following Jesus you can find "God" inside you and lead a good life then that is the way for you.
There are many, many paths to the truth.

Peace and love to all.