Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Rivendoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
there is a lot of lame fanciful theories about what happened and that's all they are.

That about sums up most of the Bible from my point of view... but that is just my belief... we should never confuse belief and faith with fact and truth...

This mistake about faith leads to a great deal of misery in the world... it is just this kind of thinking that can lead to planes flying into buildings in the hands of the misguided...
Old 19-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Master
[Qiijist ekkstnU erOTE=Rivendoah]That about sums up most of the Bible from my poi nt lof lview... but that is just my belief... we should never confuse belief and faith witah fact and truth...
It ir s
This mistake about faith leads to a great deal of misery in the world... it is just this kind of thinking that can lead to planes flying into buildings in the hands of the misguided...[/quote]There is a big body of evidence for Jesus. It's not like his life is not the most scrutinised life ever. Every single thing has been under the microscope by professors and atheists trying to disprove it all. Nothing works. Many end up belivers.
Old 19-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
A made up story would use a man as a witness.
That is an assumption, you can't say that with any certainty.
Quote:
would you die for that which is not true?
I don't understand this..
Quote:
There is a big body of evidence for Jesus. It's not like his life is not the most scrutinised life ever. Every single thing has been under the microscope by professors and atheists trying to disprove it all. Nothing works.
It is a matter of belief and also interpretation.

There's indeed a possibility that there was a man called Yeshua who preached a message. But as I said, the gospels were written down after he lived by other people who were not eyewitnesses, so the claims made by Christianity are faith claims.
Old 19-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Rivendoah

Quote:
[Qiijist ekkstnU erOTE=Rivendoah]That about sums up most of the Bible from my poi nt lof lview... but that is just my belief... we should never confuse belief and faith witah fact and truth...
It ir s
This mistake about faith leads to a great deal of misery in the world... it is just this kind of thinking that can lead to planes flying into buildings in the hands of the misguided...There is a big body of evidence for Jesus. It's not like his life is not the most scrutinised life ever. Every single thing has been under the microscope by professors and atheists trying to disprove it all. Nothing works.

I think the point is 'prove' or 'disprove'... so in the end it comes down to belief and faith... not fact or truth... I don't understand why so many religions are so hung up on being 'right' and everyone else being 'wrong'... it is just a waste of energy...
Old 19-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
I think the point is 'prove' or 'disprove'... so in the encomes down to belief and faith... not fact or truth... I don't understand why so many religions are so hung up on being 'right' and everyone else being 'wrong'... it is just a waste of energy...
Many people now wil
In casual chat say Jesus never existed. It's only opinion and unreasearched opinion at that with no no basis ifor truth that is the purpose of of this thread to show you guys Jesus was not fiction or some if those stupid new theories now about his life. The guys who died as martyrs did it for a reason.. Why do you think?
Old 19-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Rivendoah

Quote:
Many people now wil
In casual chat say Jesus never existed. It's only opinion and unreasearched opinion at that with no no basis ifor truth that is the purposev of this thread to show you guys Jesus ad no fiction or some if those stupid new theories now about his life. The guys who died as martyrs did it for a reason.. Why do you think?

If they did die... if they did exist... again this is a leap of faith based on your belief in the bible... I don't know for sure if anyone ever died for jesus... you get my meaning?

As for martyrs... the men who flew planes into the World Trade Center believed they were martyrs for god... were they right?
Old 19-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Suspended
Hiya all

Wouldn't it be interesting if in 2000 years time people were debating the reality of a man called David Icke who claimed to be the Son of God?

Do you see the irony?

Squatch
Old 19-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Bluegreen

It is not really important whether Jesus was an actual person. The message in the NT is what is important.

However, I believe that he was a person who actually lived some 2000 years ago. I base this on accounts of people who under hypnosis remembered seeing three people crucified, for example, remembered lives, Cayce.
Old 19-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Time

Ok

Can anyone here, show me, non disputed evidence, that isnt biblical that jesus actualy existed. Namely, jesus ( or jesua (sp)) of nazareth, with the mother mary, father jeowseph, who was crucified, for leading a religious rebellion against rome, and the temple? I dont mean a few words like " messiah", or "christ/christos/kristos", because these were all titles at the time, none ever referenced a person, without actualy havign that persons name and was no different then the word "father" in regards to a priest, it wasnt till after that jesus was actualy called "messiah" or "christ",

Because, in hundreds of years of archeology, not a single person, has ever found one solid pience of evidence of jesus.

Not to mention chrysaetos' original post on the subject.

Kids just arent sheep anymore,

And true dat BG
Old 19-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
It is not really important whether Jesus was an actual person.

You daft bat....that's what this thread is about. Whether Jesus was or wasn't.

Get with it matey!!