Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-07-2019, 09:33 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I also said that we have to first go through a transformation process to feel divine love,
but we do not have to go through a transformation process to feel emotional love.
We are here for self development and the process of spiritual development brings us
closer to God's love.

Well, even if I did acquire this Divine love, in order to love someone, I'd need to have a loving thought to make me feel love. But, thoughts and feelings can't be the same thing, and the Divine love is a feeling. So, a loving thought still has to make me feel love in order for me to love someone. That means the loving thought must send a signal to some other region of my brain to make me feel love. But, like I said, there are things that can prevent thoughts from sending the signal, such as brain damage, mental illnesses, etc.

That would just leave me with a loving thought, without a loving feeling. So, the way I see it, it's the same situation as before. This Divine love would have to be fleeting, just like the human, emotional love. Unless, somehow, there's a way the Divine love can be everlasting, even in the face of brain damage, mental illness, etc. But, I just don't understand how it can be everlasting, which means I don't understand how that would work. How would that work scientifically?
Old 25-07-2019, 09:51 PM
Experiencer

I agree with what Shivani too, as I have felt it before, and it's more than just a fleeting emotion like other may think that only the brain creates. (I've at least heard other's say it's not something in the heart, but the brain creates. which I don't fully believe is the case, cause the heart was the first thing to develop in the body before the brain, the brain was one of the last things..If I am remembering that correctly.)

It's also important for one to love themselves, and work on that; even if it may feel impossible to some. Like for people who have depression it isn't an impossible task, but they may feel numb from what causes to feel that way. But love, if they let it. Will create a space that will allow them to let them go of the things, thoughts, beliefs that may cause them to feel numb to where they think they can only feel love for a fleeting moment. I believe it's something that doesn't ever leave one, I think it also comes with the belief that if we believe it's gone. Its power fades off into the background. So I also believe one believes and perspective of it also has it affects - on how they see love, experience love/how it affects and manifests for them.

I believe love, and by love I mean divine/unconditional love; to be the biggest lessons as well. Cause you can learn so many things from it.
Old 25-07-2019, 09:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
Well, even if I did acquire this Divine love, in order to love someone, I'd need to have a loving thought to make me feel love. But, thoughts and feelings can't be the same thing, and the Divine love is a feeling. So, a loving thought still has to make me feel love in order for me to love someone. That means the loving thought must send a signal to some other region of my brain to make me feel love. But, like I said, there are things that can prevent thoughts from sending the signal, such as brain damage, mental illnesses, etc.

That would just leave me with a loving thought, without a loving feeling. So, the way I see it, it's the same situation as before. This Divine love would have to be fleeting, just like the human, emotional love. Unless, somehow, there's a way the Divine love can be everlasting, even in the face of brain damage, mental illness, etc. But, I just don't understand how it can be everlasting, which means I don't understand how that would work. How would that work scientifically?

Why don't you first start by loving your self before you get into all of these so-called loving thoughts for others. If you don't have love in your own heart then how are you going to give love to others? The love that we have in our thoughts is conditional love but the love of God has nothing to do with our thoughts. If you have love in your heart than you can love others without saying a word or having a thought. First learn how to truly love your self and be conscious of the presence of love in your own heart.
Old 25-07-2019, 10:05 PM
ImthatIm

Divine Love is at the center of your being.

Words (Divine Love)do not do it justice.

It is not fleeting but we are ever changing in our humanness.

So yes we do feel it's expression and it can form emotion,
we can also be distracted from Divine Love and not feel it or have it express through emotion,
but it is still there at our core.(Like the sun is always there)

We are always free to cover it and deny it or we can rediscover it.
The rediscovery is not always easy. But it may be, you never know.

It (Divine Love which I call God) is life changing and transformative.
Old 25-07-2019, 10:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera
I agree with what Shivani too, as I have felt it before, and it's more than just a fleeting emotion like other may think that only the brain creates. (I've at least heard other's say it's not something in the heart, but the brain creates. which I don't fully believe is the case, cause the heart was the first thing to develop in the body before the brain, the brain was one of the last things..If I am remembering that correctly.)

It's also important for one to love themselves, and work on that; even if it may feel impossible to some. Like for people who have depression it isn't an impossible task, but they may feel numb from what causes to feel that way. But love, if they let it. Will create a space that will allow them to let them go of the things, thoughts, beliefs that may cause them to feel numb to where they think they can only feel love for a fleeting moment. I believe it's something that doesn't ever leave one, I think it also comes with the belief that if we believe it's gone. Its power fades off into the background. So I also believe one believes and perspective of it also has it affects - on how they see love, experience love/how it affects and manifests for them.

I believe love, and by love I mean divine/unconditional love; to be the biggest lessons as well. Cause you can learn so many things from it.

But, the heart doesn't experience love, joy, hate, sorrow, etc. It's just an organ. The brain is where we have all our experiences, whether they be sight, smell, hearing, taste, emotions, etc.
Old 25-07-2019, 10:40 PM
Master
Quote:
But, the heart doesn't experience love, joy, hate, sorrow, etc. It's just an organ. The brain is where we have all our experiences, whether they be sight, smell, hearing, taste, emotions, etc.
If you have never felt Divine Love, then it is something nobody would ever be able to explain to you "scientifically".

Want to know something? It is our love for the "scientific" which keeps us in our head-space and causes all of that misery and depression...I speak from first hand experience.

To learn more about the functions of the heart beyond it being a "physical organ that pumps blood", I refer you to the works of Gregg Braden.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yJg5toTria8

You see, the experience of Divine Love through the heart, (which others refer to as Grace), is a very deeply profound spiritual experience which is both a feeling and yet, much more than just a feeling...and now I have a Boston song playing in my head...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4QK8RxCAwo

Anyway, whilever you concentrate on just the physicality..on the material and scientific, you will NEVER experience this love... NEVER!

Thing is that too many people are attached to their intellect...to their theories and their philosophy..to science and proof...to Duality...to black and white..I know my friend...I KNOW and do you know how I know? because I am one of them myself! Has this really done anything for me in my spiritual quest to walk with God? NO! Not in the slightest...in fact, it has had the opposite effect of turning my attention and awareness away from God..causing suffering and misery.

Fortunately, I know what it is that I am missing... unfortunately, you do not..which may actually be fortunate because if you DID, your depression would increase a hundredfold.

Now, if you excuse me, my mother wants her hair dyed before we head off to the produce market then I have a yoga class to catch.

See you on the flip side.
Old 25-07-2019, 11:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
If you have never felt Divine Love, then it is something nobody would ever be able to explain to you "scientifically".

Want to know something? It is our love for the "scientific" which keeps us in our head-space and causes all of that misery and depression...I speak from first hand experience.

To learn more about the functions of the heart beyond it being a "physical organ that pumps blood", I refer you to the works of Gregg Braden.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yJg5toTria8

You see, the experience of Divine Love through the heart, (which others refer to as Grace), is a very deeply profound spiritual experience which is both a feeling and yet, much more than just a feeling...and now I have a Boston song playing in my head...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4QK8RxCAwo

Anyway, whilever you concentrate on just the physicality..on the material and scientific, you will NEVER experience this love... NEVER!

Thing is that too many people are attached to their intellect...to their theories and their philosophy..to science and proof...to Duality...to black and white..I know my friend...I KNOW and do you know how I know? because I am one of them myself! Has this really done anything for me in my spiritual quest to walk with God? NO! Not in the slightest...in fact, it has had the opposite effect of turning my attention and awareness away from God..causing suffering and misery.

Fortunately, I know what it is that I am missing... unfortunately, you do not..which may actually be fortunate because if you DID, your depression would increase a hundredfold.

Now, if you excuse me, my mother wants her hair dyed before we head off to the produce market then I have a yoga class to catch.

See you on the flip side.

Since people are so attached to their views, which prevents them from feeling Divine love, and since Divine love is so important, then why doesn't god, or the heavenly beings, enlighten these people, so they can obtain Divine love? Why do they allow humanity to remain unenlightened? They have to power to instantly bestow divine knowledge upon humanity, and they allow humanity to remain ignorant.
Old 25-07-2019, 11:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
There are people who struggle with ongoing, clinical depression, which renders them without the ability to love, and these people must live their lives like this. Some depressed people are resistant to treatment. I realize that depressed people do feel positive emotions, including love, on certain occasions. But, it's not much. If the most important thing here on Earth is to love one another, then why is god allowing people to struggle with mental illnesses that take away their ability to love?

Why isn't he using his divine healing powers to make sure that feelings of love remain intact, and can never be taken away? If love is so important to him, then it makes no sense why he isn't doing this. Perhaps god is a liar, and he really doesn't care about love, or all the suffering humanity goes through. Or, maybe, god doesn't exist, and these heavenly trips people go on are nothing more than hallucinations. This would mean these people aren't learning any life lessons from a real god, or real heavenly beings.

The majority of people here would probably come up with the lame old answer that it's all about karma and life lessons regarding depression. But truth be told, either God isn't real or he is a ruthless psychopathic sadist that takes great delight in the suffering of depressed people who are totally isolated and disconnected from the world. Ordering such people to love is like telling a blind person to see. Yet he sits there on his throne doing what exactly? Watching everything going on from a crystall ball while crying crocodile tears?
Old 25-07-2019, 11:25 PM
Master
Before I go...I have a question aimed at BOTH of the posters above...Matt and Slayer..

Just what the hell are you both doing on a Spiritual Forum if you don't believe in spirituality?

I am curious.
Old 25-07-2019, 11:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Since people are so attached to their views, which prevents them from feeling Divine love, and since Divine love is so important, then why doesn't god, or the heavenly beings, enlighten these people, so they can obtain Divine love? Why do they allow humanity to remain unenlightened? They have to power to instantly bestow divine knowledge upon humanity, and they allow humanity to remain ignorant.
What do you think God has been doing since 6am this morning?

It isn't God's fault that the parcel of bestowment gets the "return to sender" label.

Now, enough procrastinating from me.