Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 24-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Ladybugskiss

Bunny Twin Flames?

So I have seen many posts on twin flames but they all seem to be different experiences. Can anyone please explain what a twin flame actually is and what the purpose of it is?

Thank you,
Ladybugskiss
Old 24-10-2013, 07:28 PM
MGazonda

This is a tough question, as there are a few different theories.

The most common idea I've seen is that twin flames come from one soul that was split into male/female. "When" is open to different opinions.

Most ideas being shared seem to think that most people aren't incarnated with their twin at the same time. Some people think that not everyone has a twin.

Twin flames and soul mates aren't necessarily exclusive. It seems like You could have both a twin, and soul mate(s).

How do you know someone is your twin? I'm still working on that one. My experience of meeting someone that seems to be my twin started by our eyes meeting, and then I both saw her as the most perfectly beautiful woman I've ever seen, and I felt a strong pull towards her from my heart chakra.

Since then, my experiences match much of what others say happens on the twin flame path. But, how can someone KNOW? I'm still working on that. I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to that question yet, but some people may have different pieces of the puzzle. I'd love to know how to confirm/deny this, but I don't think that's something that can be told.
Old 24-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Ladybugskiss

Klairic,

Thank you for your post! I figured it would be difficult to explain just because of the fact so many people did have theories. Thank you for trying to explain though. It gives me a general idea on what twin flames really are. I pray we can get all our answers to our questions soon though!

Ladybugskiss
Old 24-10-2013, 07:54 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klairic
Since then, my experiences match much of what others say happens on the twin flame path. But, how can someone KNOW? I'm still working on that. I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to that question yet, but some people may have different pieces of the puzzle. I'd love to know how to confirm/deny this, but I don't think that's something that can be told.

Very true ...
My understanding is a "twin flame" or a "soulmate" will appear on their own regardless of the life time ...
No need to go looking for either, you will be at the right place at the right time to meet - that is if one does side track or sabotage themself ...
Some people are meant to be w/out a soulmate in one life time or another ...
Its purdy much a guessing game till one gets to know themself well enough ...
Since a twin flame is not a love interest, then I would think it depends on far one has ascended spiritually to take major steps w/a twin flame to do missionary work ...

Also, some people call their partner a "term flame" to refer to the importance/magic of their relationship ...

I knew my husband & I had a special relationship ...
I was aware since 7th grade the type of personality of the man I would marry - it was my husband ...
Calling ourselves soulmates was irrelevant b/c we were cathected & had chosen to be united as man & wife ...
However, the confirmation of being soulmates did not come till his time of death when I received an ADC from him ...
Old 24-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Deactivated Account

The theory that sits right with me given all that I've read and meditated on is this.

A twin is someone who is an exact vibrational match to yourself. A reflection of you energetically speaking. So your energy recognises and feels this other's energy, that can give you psychic insight... a window into each other's souls. A major condition of this relationship is that it catapults your own inquiry into spiritual matters. The questioning begins or it quickens to such an extent that the thirst never quenches. Your life will never be the same again.

The purpose? To know yourself fully. What this means is you begin a journey into yourself, you will find out that there is sooooo much more to your existance than you ever thought possible and that there are no limits. But it all begins in babysteps, there will be plenty of hic-cups on the way. The biggest one is the possibility of a stale mate scenario when there is a separation involved. If you can move on from there....well who knows, it seems not many of us have gone beyond that stage yet lol
Old 24-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Ladybugskiss

Emm,
Is there a way to find your twin flame or does it just come to you and do you really need it? Also I've seen some posts where the twin flame is a sexual thing and I'm not really happy with that so is that even a issue? I'm interested in meeting my twin flame so any help is appreciated.

Ladybugskiss

Last edited by Ladybugskiss : 24-10-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 25-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Carwen*Angel

Ladybug...I love your name. :) Here in the UK, ladybirds, as we call them, are lucky.

This is something I've looked into extensively, and I'm sure my understanding is not the same as anyone else's, but here it is in case it helps.

My understanding is that we have many soulmates - souls with whom we have incarnated time and again, playing different roles, learning different lessons, all about love. Sometimes we accrue karma with those souls which must then be rebalanced in subsequent lives. Our soulmates can be our family, friends and lovers. There is usually a recognition on a soul level with a soulmate, they feel familiar. We feel comfortable with them.

And then, we have one twin flame. If you think of all souls as being born of the same source; all being part of the source or the all-that-is; and shattering into millions, billions of fragments in order to expand their own and, by association, the universal consciousness...imagine that the fragments when separated halved, then halved, then halved again, exponentially...then our twin flame is the soul which our own soul parted from last of all.

Indeed, the closest vibrational match for our own soul, having had some shared experience.

How to tell the difference between a soulmate and a twin flame is the trickiest thing. Some things are similar - the recognition on a soul level, the sense of familiarity, knowing their energy signature, cases of love or hate at first sight (because of course love and hate can be closely related on the earth plane). I know many people who use the words interchangeably. I know many people who don't believe they are separate things. I do.

I'll try to explain the way this is clarifying itself in my own mind, though please be aware this is still a work in progress for me.

I believe that we do not come together with our twin flame in all that many lifetimes, though some or many of our experiences may mirror one another, as we are on a similar trajectory to soul evolution (though one twin may move ahead of the other at times). The purpose of life here is to grow and evolve as souls by learning lessons in love. So, we would not learn enough by reincarnating time and again with the soul which is the closest vibrational match to our own. This is why we mostly incarnate with soulmates.

I do believe, however, in some key lifetimes we may cross paths or even be together with our twin flames; I also believe that until the soul is highly evolved spiritually this may well be brief or it may be an impossibility for the two to be together for some reason - I call this star-crossed lover syndrome. In many more lifetimes, our twin flame may not be incarnate at the same time as we ourselves, rather guiding us from the other dimensions. And I believe in our final lifetime or lifetimes on earth prior to ascension, we do reunite - and because there is far less karma accrued between two twin flames than there would be between two soulmates, a twin flame relationship at the right time, in the right place is often blissful and harmonious at a level otherwise not experienced.

It is not always straightforward recognising one's twin flame, as we have close soulmates, too.

The only way I can describe it is recognition at an energetic level. Feeling like my heart is blazing; feeling "at home". Unique and not the same thing that is felt in all relationships, with all loves. It's like another level. Intense. Unconditional. Pure.

There is a connection, too, that can't be denied. Other people around you may also see and recognise it.

You may also experience precognitive dreams or meeting on the astral in your dreams.

I don't know that there is a way to find your twin flame, and nor is it necessarily something that comes to you in times of need (though this depends on your connection in any one lifetime and in some cases, it does). I think it's more a case of when your soul is ready for that stage of growth. Bear in mind, too, that your twin flame may not be incarnate at the same time as you; though, this is more common in the current time of energy shifts and more and more twins seem to be coming together. So it's unsurprising that people are feeling that pull or taking an interest in finding or discovering their twin.

The best advice I can give you is to raise your vibration spiritually. Read inspirational material, spend time in nature, pray, meditate, be creative, find your own faith or spiritual path. When the time is right, things will unfold.
Old 25-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klairic
This is a tough question, as there are a few different theories.

The most common idea I've seen is that twin flames come from one soul that was split into male/female. "When" is open to different opinions.

Most ideas being shared seem to think that most people aren't incarnated with their twin at the same time. Some people think that not everyone has a twin.

Twin flames and soul mates aren't necessarily exclusive. It seems like You could have both a twin, and soul mate(s).

How do you know someone is your twin? I'm still working on that one. My experience of meeting someone that seems to be my twin started by our eyes meeting, and then I both saw her as the most perfectly beautiful woman I've ever seen, and I felt a strong pull towards her from my heart chakra.

Sounds like you do know.
Old 25-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Ah, it depends on what day you catch me with this question. Lol
today I think of two ships passing in the night. Noisily just enough to wake you.But, again it depends on your relationship with this person.
Old 26-10-2013, 12:35 AM
MGazonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-n-I
Sounds like you do know.

It's not quite on the level of knowing right now. I still experience doubt and testing of this connection. Thanks though, it's nice to hear this :)

I'm currently in the process of blogging about my "twin flame" story, and my experiences with trying to understand it. It's really helpful for me to share what I've been through, and what I've learned.

I think that the knowing of who my twin is will come from my heart rather than from my mind. Even saying this reminds me of experiences where my heart has confirmed this for me. I guess I'm still scared to truly accept this, but I want to accept the truth of this more than anything.