Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 06-06-2011, 10:01 PM
SunMist

how to move the earthboound ON

Hi all, there is an elderly relative in my life who is in her final years. I think there is a very good chance that she will resist crossing over as she has much unhealthy attachment, unfinished business, and frustration for a life live incompletely. It is a sad situation and I worry when the time comes that she may turn away from the light to stay in this world and haunt the living. And my motives are not completely altruistic as I'm one of the people she's likely to haunt.

I'm curious if anyone has ever been in this situation and what the best way to resolve it is? I have and will do what I can before she passes of course but let's just say she is very resistant to resolution. I think the after death situation is very likely and since I'm somewhat sensitive (though not on the level of a medium) I'm pretty sure I will notice and be affected by her spirit.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 AM
MYFIGO

I understand all too well what you are saying. I'm not sure there is anything we can do if someone doesn't want to move on. You'll be able to block yourself from her if she does come back to haunt you. Your positive energy is stronger than her negative energy. I don't believe though that you can make her move on though any more than you can make her do anything now.

I would hope that she will have loved ones waiting for her at the time of her passing that may have a positive influence on her. Perhaps she will be more willing to pass on than you think.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:46 AM
SunMist

Thanks Myfigo, how would I go about blocking myself if I were haunted by her or by any particular ghost that wants a piece of me? I was just thinking last night how strange it was to be worried about such a thing - thinking back to younger days when the idea of worrying about people's after-death behavior was just not something I would have ever had concern about. Regarding whether my person of interest has loved ones that would help her cross - I can only think of one person that she'd even want to see and possibly go across for. Still maybe that will be enough, I hope so. I want there to be peace for her in her after-life and if not too late for her in this life too.

Edited to add: you said my positive energy is stronger than her negative energy - is this something you are "reading" from my situation or is this just generally speaking?
Old 07-06-2011, 04:48 AM
serenadracis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
I don't believe though that you can make her move on though any more than you can make her do anything now.

I would hope that she will have loved ones waiting for her at the time of her passing that may have a positive influence on her. Perhaps she will be more willing to pass on than you think.

Very true MYFIGO. I am a psychopomp, a 'conductor of souls.' I help the earthbound cross over but I cannot make them do so. In the first place, it's up to them, it's their choice. That's their right as much as it is yours to be free of any after death attention your feel your relative may give you.

For yourself, if you feel you need protection, just remember: you are sovereign over your own body and space (physical, mental, emotional). No other being has the right to affect, attach or impinge on you and you absolutely have the right to set that boundary. Shielding, white light protection, whatever technique you like can help you establish and maintain that. And, she is your relative, if she pops in on you, just talk to her and tell her your boundaries.

Best wishes to you and prayers for your relative.

Bright Blessings,
Serena Dracis
http://serenadracis.wordpress.com/
Old 07-06-2011, 11:12 PM
MYFIGO

I meant that "we" all are stronger energy when we are positive. I use the white light of protection, I choose to only engage in positive psychic energy. Prayer and love and wishing others well are positive ways of living. Avoid hatred and negativity and misery and the company of those who love it. When you live a positive inspired life, you are like a magnet attracting more positive things to you and actually repel the negative. Fear creates more things to be afraid of.

I help earthbound spirits cross over as well, and have not been met with outright refusal yet.... but some resistance. They stay for a variety of reasons. Some stay because they think themselves unworthy of the "light". Others stay behind to take care of loved ones. Some become attached to a live person so they aren't alone... but then become attached and worry about them. I persist... I encourage them to move on because there is so much more for them. I also tell them that they will be nurtured and cared for and that there will be someone waiting for them. The experience they have is so empty compared to what it could be.

http://www.spiritwritings.com/library.html

There is a really neat website of channeled spiritual books that may be helpful to you. One of my favorites is Our Unseen Guest. I would suggest you read some of these books, they may give you a better understanding.
It seems that there are people on both sides of the "veil" who help people cross over.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 AM
SunMist

Thanks MYFIGO, I will check out the link as well. It's so wonderful that there are people like you and Serenedracis who do this type of work. I'm sure the spirits who get stuck on this side are grateful for your work. I'm going to remember you two for the future!

Serenadracis, thanks for your advice as well - I shall try not to worry about it and just continue on with my spiritual path which should help me to be more positive and have positive protection too. Thanks for your prayers on her behalf.