Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 25-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Master
Money......

Okay so I am a RN (nurse) but becuause of my anxiety issues I only work 3 days a week partime. My husband makes a little above Min. wage but together we can pay our bills and live in a comfortable manor. we're not rich, we don't own our own home (we rent and will continue to rent our entire lives), we've decided to have no children because they cost money and just because of the way I think I would have to provide them an education which costs money so we have cats instead (which by the way also costs a lot of money).
SO here's my question.
How many of you live pay check to pay check. Right now we have 3 grand set aside for savings for emergencies for any cat illness, or like righ tnow my teeh issues etc.
Do you feel safe with so little savings in your account?
Also I've cut up all my credit cards and we now save up for what we want, I want to pay cash for anything we need. ie we need a new bed badly so I'm putting away 100 dollars a month until we can afford one.
I could work full time and we could be very comfortable but because of my anxiety issues and my full involvement of taking my work seriously and acutally worrying about my patients full time would not work for me.
How many of you live paycheck by paycheck and how does it work for you.
At first I would be very nervous about it, now I trust in my angels and guides to provide us with money if we ever are in desparate need for it.
Spiritlite.
Old 25-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I'm on SSI and have absolutely no savings. I'm single and would like to be in a relationship with a nice lady who isn't going to pressure me to 'live up to' that image of 'the breadwinner' for the family. I do not want kids either due to my health and costs - so she'd have to be willing to accept that as well.

I don't think about it actually. I guess I just live day to day and focus on what I'm doing now and what I plan to do rather than not having any savings.

I manage 'decently' - but that is because I live a simple life: no TV, no x-box stuff, no direct i-net access, no car, etc. Anything that I really have no use for, I do not buy because it doesn't fit in my life.

Do I want more money? Yes - most certainly, as the stock of my money goes towards needs (mainly rent which includes heat, water/sewer, and trash removal as well as health stuff - I pay for my contacts, my RX, and of course my natural therapies out of my pocket).

I would like to have more money to enjoy life more with regards to 'wants'. I'm at the point now where I'm going a little nutty because everything has become needs...I just recently bought more clothes (used, but in excellent shape on eBay and Salvation Army) and I have to get my other pair (I only own 2) of shoes resoled. I actually put off resoling them until December because I want to have some fun with my money.

The only 'fun' things I'll be getting with my money next month is a very large collection of seashells. The rest is for contacts, bills, essential oils, an essence blend, two crystals, and two homeopathic remedies to help my health and healing.

So - yeah...I'm a bit squirrely right now and hopefully come December I will get more money to do some more fun things...like finish decorating my apartment.
Old 25-10-2010, 07:53 PM
cheeky_monkey

I'm on benefits and have been since I stopped working in 2007. To be fair when i was working I couldn't afford anything then either so not much has changed. Infact I have never received what I call a healthy wage even when working full time.

I have got into some financial trouble. I took a loan out to help my mum with the bills and I struggle to repay it each month. To add, I have bank charges which causes even more sleepless nights but I know I'm not alone there as how else would the bankers afford their s****y lifestyles.

I buy the essentials and occasionally treat myself to a book on amazon. I try to shop in cheap shops like charity shops and bargain £ stores. I'm struggling to afford xmas this year but thankfully other family members are broke so have told me not to spend too much this year.

I usually owe my mum from month to month and can't afford busfare, clothes, toiletries unless they are really cheap. It gets me down but I'm thankful to have internet access as it atleast keeps me occupied, especially at the weekend when most friends are out and about enjoying themselves, so i feel like im not missing out so much being able to keep in contact with people online.

It would be great to have more money but I know most jobs I've had aren't worth the hassle and upset. In other words I'd rather be broke and poor than being bullied and backstabbed each day at work where I have no choice but to put up with it or leave.
Old 25-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Kapitan_Prien

^ I hear you. Even when I had been able to hold a job, (of course this all prior to my soul exchange) I was in the same position of 'scraping by' getting only 'needs' taken care of for the most part. After all was said and done, the most I had was $10 for myself...woop de doo...$10, and heaven forbid I have other needs that had to be taken care of.

When I was on welfare before I got on SSI (and I was on welfare for 5 years - at $205/mth) I really struggled. I lived in crummy low income housing complete with drug raids, SWAT team invasions, and this in the small town I live in. I couldn't really help my own health out and wasn't able to really start to take care of my health till I got into a safer place that was taken care of better -and- be able to afford the natural remedies to help myself out.

If it wasn't for SSI - I'd be out on the street and so sick and in pain, I'd probably kill myself.
Old 25-10-2010, 08:27 PM
cheeky_monkey

Hey Kapitan

I'm so sorry you have been through such hardship. The drug raids etc must have really got you down, especially not being able to afford looking after your health. I don't know anything about soul exchange but I'm similar to you as in I can't hold a job down. People seem to enjoy picking on me and rather than stay and play the victim, I tend to leave.

I completely empathise, I can't afford to go to the dentist and I think I have cavities which need treating. Glad you got help from the SSI and you can afford to help your health better now.

You're not alone either of you. I don't want children for three reasons. One being that I don't want them to go through what I've been through, another, I don't want them going through worse and lastly because I too can't afford children and would hate to bring my child up on benefits when my childhood was a little more priveledged ie my mum worked full time and we went on holiday every couple of years.

Here's to the poor people of society, the one's who have to watch every penny just to make it through and even then sometimes not managing
Old 25-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Hey C.M.

*hugs* Thanks. Yeah living in the low income place was very depressing on all levels...the druggies, there was a murder suspect caught, and a fire in the building I was in late at night when I was asleep. I never knew about it because it was on the upper floor diagonally away from me (I was on the lower 'corner').

It was always cold when fall and winter came...and even though I got heating assistance, one winter it wasn't enough and I had to go to Good Samaritan to help me pay the bill. I could pay part of it, but there was no way I could pay the rest...I was full and well broke! So they paid the rest (and they can only do that for a person 1x in 3 years).

I had so many difficulties living there from the above, to some really weird person above me who blasted heavy metal on his stereo nearly 24hrs a day. I had gone to the 'manager' of the complex and voiced my complaint - he told me to call the cops who in turn said that it was the manager's problem.

I never got anywhere...that place was a 'hell' of it's own sort and then I got so fed up that after someone who got into a bad fight came to my apt. asking for my help I up and moved to my mom's (which wasn't too much better) but I guess at the time it was the lesser of the two evils.

There was no staying there to 'learn lessons' - screw the stupid new agey 'learn a lesson' nonsense with the doormat stuff! I was at my mom's and put up with nonsense until she (miracle number 1) offered to get me an apartment. (I guess you could say miracle number 2 was getting the SSI so I could friggin' help my poor sorry rear end get better!)

Thankfully where I live there is a dentist in a local area where I can get dental work done. I had quite a bit of work done on my teeth (they weren't in too bad of shape considering...) and am now finally caught up on that business.

*sighs*...I just keep on plugging along.

If I run out of German Stubborness - I always got my Finnish Sisu to fall back on...heh heh. *grin*
Old 25-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Rumar

I am single, 23 years old and living pay check by pay check.
I just started a few months ago about a savings account and finally getting serious financially. I'm in the military right now so sometimes I hit a good bump in money but not quite at the same time, yes it seems like a guaranteed pay check but you don't want to live your life that way "going by a guaranteed pay check" because whenever someone brings that up, they aren't happy with their job. If one can't get a better job because nowhere is hiring that's perfectly understandable, but if you are able to provide more effort to get a better job but requires more trouble to do so? You're screwing yourself over by not trying.

A friend of mine has a child, she's now a single mother but at the time of this story she was married, she just got out of the Navy because she got pregnant and had a child she was in desperate need for a job, she was looking around everywhere and even got an offer from Sea World to work. But because it was a half hour drive, she was going to turn it down. I told her if you absolutely need the money go for it. But she didn't listen, now she moved to Maryland because she "couldn't find a job out here".
Old 25-10-2010, 09:47 PM
cheeky_monkey

Sounds like you've really been through the mill. Thankfully your mum saved you from going through more, my mum's like an angel too, but I know I'm a burden to her, she doesn't say so but I know I should be doing more to help.
Old 25-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Kapitan_Prien

C.M. - Yeah I've been through the mill enough times to break the danged thing.

Rumar - Wow...a half an hour drive...that's nothing! Cripes...I got to admit, I can't really feel any sympathy for her. It may sound cold and cruel, but I would have jumped at the chance...and besides, one gets to be around sea creatures! *grin*
Old 25-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Master
Wow guys thanks for your honesty.
Spiriitlite.
xoxoxo