Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Master
Angel1 Is belief and contact with the spirit world wrong.

This is a genuine question, and bothers me, as I keep reading stuff from certain religions that have huge amounts of followers how there is no spirit world, there just a load of demons pretending to be cool.
I would like to know for a start where all these so called demons or whot ever come from, who would whont to be a demon and go against the God that made this world and all things.
It bothers me as I am drawn towards spiritualism, wicca and the like, and read the Tarot, I have allways had an open mind.
And had some amassing experiences along the way.
Does this mean that I am possessed by demons.
Im sure I am not alone in these thoughts.
So where else can I share this but here.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Master

First of all I note that a lot of people from the major religions have one thing in common throughout the ages, and that is a profound love for killing and suppressing people from every other religion. They have seemed quite cool with that. Since I disagree with this I am sure I am already considered a demon by them. Stuff them and everything they stand for. Decide what YOU will stand for.

Demons exist. There IS a dark side. But there are also angels, who stand on the other side and oppose them. And good and bad deities. And in between those extreme wings there are a multitude of other types of beings making up an infinity of individual intelligent entities, humans only a tiny minority among them, most of who will not consider themselves to be confined to either extreme end but works the whole range of options. Some have bodies and live in the physical world you are most familiar right now. Others live in the spirit world at present. Or in one of the astral worlds, most of whom are not ever visited by anything even remotely human.

If you can find anyone here in this forum who genuinely thinks that there is no spirit world and that all spirits are really demons, hang them on a wall and put a frame around them. They are RARE. ;)
Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 PM
earthatic

Inherently wrong? No. There are many different explanations for what people are experiencing...for example, one person will say"They're negative beings who are attached to the physical world" another will say "No, they're demons pretending to be human spirits or benevolent guardians. They are evil." another person will say "No, they're not evil. They're just misunderstood! herp derp" and another will say "They're just an extension of your mind. They're not real." People only know their own experiences...when they attach a belief to those experiences, they may be deluding themselves.

Personally, I've grown to dislike the "spirit world" (I don't think that term is appropriate) because of what I've learned about it. Even the "positive" experiences seem like something to avoid now. If you want me to give my understanding, I will...It's very different from how others view it and mentioning it has made people express anger toward me in the past.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Master

Personally I don't think it's worth it to open the door to things that you don't know what they are. It's caused me trouble and I read that it's caused others trouble as well. I think the people in this world are enough to satisfy my need for social interaction and companionship. And isn't God or universal love enough to help us through day to day life? Sometimes curiosity is good, sometimes it kills the cat.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Master
Fish To sleep per chance to dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
First of all I note that a lot of people from the major religions have one thing in common throughout the ages, and that is a profound love for killing and suppressing people from every other religion. They have seemed quite cool with that. Since I disagree with this I am sure I am already considered a demon by them. Stuff them and everything they stand for. Decide what YOU will stand for.Demons exist. There IS a dark side. But there are also angels, who stand on the other side and oppose them. And good and bad deities. And in between those extreme wings there are a multitude of other types of beings making up an infinity of individual intelligent entities, humans only a tiny minority among them, most of who will not consider themselves to be confined to either extreme end but works the whole range of options. Some have bodies and live in the physical world you are most familiar right now. Others live in the spirit world at present. Or in one of the astral worlds, most of whom are not ever visited by anything even remotely human.If you can find anyone here in this forum who genuinely thinks that there is no spirit world and that all spirits are really demons, hang them on a wall and put a frame around them. They are RARE. ;)
Yes yes and yes again.
Um, it's I just cant see why some have to be so negative and controlling, or Mabie I should not be so judgmental.
Thank you for your feed back it was very informative.
But I still dont realy understand about how Demons exist
Ive read recently here about the 5 dimensions and that's the last spiritaul thing I've got into.
Yeah going back, why would you choose to be a demon.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthatic
Inherently wrong? No. There are many different explanations for what people are experiencing...for example, one person will say"They're negative beings who are attached to the physical world" another will say "No, they're demons pretending to be human spirits or benevolent guardians. They are evil." another person will say "No, they're not evil. They're just misunderstood! herp derp" and another will say "They're just an extension of your mind. They're not real." People only know their own experiences...when they attach a belief to those experiences, they may be deluding themselves. Personally, I've grown to dislike the "spirit world" (I don't think that term is appropriate) because of what I've learned about it. Even the "positive" experiences seem like something to avoid now. If you want me to give my understanding, I will...It's very different from how others view it and mentioning it has made people express anger toward me in the past.
Please tell more.
I to have had people yes so called spiritual, in positions of control putting me down for putting my own idears forward, I was not going to mention it but....
Demons, well who knows, we are on the material plane and finding out, but whot an amassing journey ( at times ) .
Love and light to all on sf.
Good job we have spiritual forums.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Suspended
Hey Pagandell,

I know what you mean, I keep reading things about how our guardians are 'evil' and demons masquerading etc. I've been channelling many angels and higher beings for a while now, and none of that contact has ever resulted in any negative outcome, it's only helped me grow in every way, including teaching me more confidence, how to be happier, more fearless, more joyful and compassionate.

A lot of religions (and people) still tell me I'm trafficking with the devil, but to be honest, I don't think those people have ever looked out of their box. It's all fear-fear-fear.

Do what you're drawn to. I did. When a non physical hand took mine and began to write I went with it, and it effected the most amazing, deep, beautiful and intense change for the better I've ever experienced. My life turned around - I learned how to thrive, not just survive in this world.

I think people are just frightened of the unknown. They aren't willing to stretch a hand into the warm, inviting dark and see who takes it! If, like me, your contact with the spirit world affects positive, loving changes, then dont worry about right or wrong, just enjoy!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Master

Kinda good question there... what IS a demon? I have met a few nonphysical beings by now and for the most part I never got a visual. What I know of their looks, good or bad, is what others - whose observations I trust - have given me. Basically I try to sort them into positive and negative beings, and I sort them basically by their behavior. Do they prey on the weak and innocent? Do they lie or pretend to be someone or something they aren't? Do they cause harm? Are they egoistic at the cost of others? You will notice that it would be easy to sort living humans by the same key, and it is.

A typical thing for a 'neg' to do is to take spiritual energy from human people. Causing someone pain and despair releases pain energy, and they do that and then harvest the 'goods'. Even living humans do this; we call them 'energy vampires' rather than demons. (not all energy vampires are inherently evil though, some only harvest surplus energy from crowds etc.) They can cause nightmares too and then harvest the fear energy of the victim.

I have met some of those negs during chat sessions with other psychics, and fought them when I got the chance - they are weaker than they look like and a firm minded psychic can send them running at amazing speed. It is a different thing entirely to meet them in the astral worlds where you don't have the grounding that comes with a physical body. But I have never AP'ed so I have no personal experiences there.

Are negs evil, or demons? I don't like to use the word evil other than about individuals. I am sure there are both negs and demons who linger so close to the grey area that it is hard to say for anywone what their true nature is. I prefer to think of them as soldiers in an army I really don't like, and I WILL attack if I see them attacking someone I am communicating with. I am not sure where I belong, but I have seen the dark forces at work and I am emphatically not on THEIR side.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Master
Fish Reaching out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
Hey Pagandell,I know what you mean, I keep reading things about how our guardians are 'evil' and demons masquerading etc. I've been channelling many angels and higher beings for a while now, and none of that contact has ever resulted in any negative outcome, it's only helped me grow in every way, including teaching me more confidence, how to be happier, more fearless, more joyful and compassionate. A lot of religions (and people) still tell me I'm trafficking with the devil, but to be honest, I don't think those people have ever looked out of their box. It's all fear-fear-fear.Do what you're drawn to. I did. When a non physical hand took mine and began to write I went with it, and it effected the most amazing, deep, beautiful and intense change for the better I've ever experienced. My life turned around - I learned how to thrive, not just survive in this world. I think people are just frightened of the unknown. They aren't willing to stretch a hand into the warm, inviting dark and see who takes it! If, like me, your contact with the spirit world affects positive, loving changes, then dont worry about right or wrong, just enjoy!
Yeah that's true, I dont mean to blow my own trumpet, but the large amount of people I have given help to with my cards, I know whot your saying.
But they would say that's just the devil deceiving you, and and give you quotes from the Bible.
Or you would come across belief in ghosts being out of order in the Bhagavad-Gita As it is.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Kinda good question there... what IS a demon? I have met a few nonphysical beings by now and for the most part I never got a visual. What I know of their looks, good or bad, is what others - whose observations I trust - have given me. Basically I try to sort them into positive and negative beings, and I sort them basically by their behavior. Do they prey on the weak and innocent? Do they lie or pretend to be someone or something they aren't? Do they cause harm? Are they egoistic at the cost of others? You will notice that it would be easy to sort living humans by the same key, and it is. A typical thing for a 'neg' to do is to take spiritual energy from human people. Causing someone pain and despair releases pain energy, and they do that and then harvest the 'goods'. Even living humans do this; we call them 'energy vampires' rather than demons. (not all energy vampires are inherently evil though, some only harvest surplus energy from crowds etc.) They can cause nightmares too and then harvest the fear energy of the victim. I have met some of those negs during chat sessions with other psychics, and fought them when I got the chance - they are weaker than they look like and a firm minded psychic can send them running at amazing speed. It is a different thing entirely to meet them in the astral worlds where you don't have the grounding that comes with a physical body. But I have never AP'ed so I have no personal experiences there.Are negs evil, or demons? I don't like to use the word evil other than about individuals. I am sure there are both negs and demons who linger so close to the grey area that it is hard to say for anywone what their true nature is. I prefer to think of them as soldiers in an army I really don't like, and I WILL attack if I see them attacking someone I am communicating with. I am not sure where I belong, but I have seen the dark forces at work and I am emphatically not on THEIR side.
Nor me.
Have you read 'Energy vampires. a practical guide to self protection.
By Dorothy Harbour.
But these people are not demons as such.
Energy vampires are around us all the time, so called friends, family or whot ever.
And are spirit guides can help in protection agianst such phychic/ draining of energy attack.