Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 03-01-2016, 11:58 PM
Experiencer
How to 'put yourself out there'

Hello any fellow mediums!

I've been really dedicated and educating myself on my gift of Mediumship now for almost 2 years ... I have had countless readings in my class, and almost 30 readings outside of class. Only twice have I accepted donations for this gift and I really really truly enjoy it (Mediumship, not the donations haha).

I have a wonderful job that is pretty consuming, I am in a management position and have a lot of responsibility, but I do get a lot of joy out of my job. And I'm also a new mom (well 2 years now). I do feel like my Mediumship is third wheel in my life :) which is fine, I dedicate as much time as possible to it. Thing is I am afraid to 'come out' and 'put myself out there' as a Medium because of my work, everything I do at work is very public facing, and because I am in management I'm afraid of not being respected by my staff or peers.

I 'came out' in a local moms page two months back, but didn't receive any interest in readings.

I really want to do more readings, I get friends to sit for me often so I can practice and serve Spirit, but I also want to do this more for people who could use a healing reading. I don't know how else to 'put myself out there' for others ...

Just wondering what you did? I get really good feedback on my readings and I was hoping to get word of mouth referrals but none so far.

I also am not in a rush! I trust Spirit will allow things to unfold for me as they serve me and those who I will work with best, I just want to be sure I'm being proactive in my lifes passions as well :)

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2016, 04:53 AM
Experiencer
Hi Serenifly,

I would suggest that you can set up a website to offer your mediumship gift for free (and accept donations if you want). There are so many people who seek psychic readings. I have noticed that myself. Even though my own website is dedicated to healing, often people ask me for readings anyway.

Boson
Old 05-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Administrator
Hi Serenifly interesting name do you know what the name means?

i am a medium i do not advertize what i do at all i get people contacting me by word of mouth,
i have been to spiritulist churches they dont interest me i find them to clicky
so i changed and went to a Healing sanctury didnt even know it was where it was i just let my instincts guide me,
i did readings there as welll as for people i knew, but i never tell anyone what i do if they ask i will either say yes or no, so for me i would rely on word of mouth

Namaste
Old 08-02-2016, 03:10 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hi Serenifly interesting name do you know what the name means?

i am a medium i do not advertize what i do at all i get people contacting me by word of mouth,
i have been to spiritulist churches they dont interest me i find them to clicky
so i changed and went to a Healing sanctury didnt even know it was where it was i just let my instincts guide me,
i did readings there as welll as for people i knew, but i never tell anyone what i do if they ask i will either say yes or no, so for me i would rely on word of mouth

Namaste

Hi Native Spirit :)

My name is a merge of Serenity and Firefly, a show/movie I adored when I was 20 something lol :) Serenifly/Firefly = Serenifly :)

Thank you for this, I have been relying on word of mouth, I had 4 readings in January and 1 today and 1 tomorrow. Mostly for free for experience but some people have donated 30-60 $ for my time and energy exchange.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:20 AM
Ascender

hi I hope with all my heart you get all that

I can do all those things to heal here or in the after live , read see past lives

talk to anyone guide or HS see auras I guess the list never ends

raise vibration of others share source love or anything

can create all those realities to be that for me :-)

(maybe i just only wanted to know how all that worked)

but I like to stay unknown and as i do now and just me

free in paradise of love and light I am in doing what i do :-)

not creating a field of intention that draws others to me

that you need to do :-)

ask you angels to sent them ask your guides

create the complete reality as you like it to be for you :-)

thats what i do too :-)

much love and light to you for your

wonderful plan :-) :-) let it be a great success :-)

for you and all those you will help :-)

------------------------------------

https://youtu.be/Lr73zhU0JB8

Last edited by Frederick33 : 08-02-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Administrator
Hi did you know the welsh name for star is seren its becoming really popular now by people of all nations

Namaste
Old 09-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Newbie ;)

I do readings at the local spiritual churches, they often have regular "healings" each week, and are "love offering" accepted, many of the places let me do it for free and if I make any money I give half to the church venue, and half for myself.

I also made a flyer and put it up at my local co-op (free thinking grocery store) lol. And also other simmilar places like stores that sell gemstones, etc. I have also put myself out there online but have to find much success with that.

Like you I have been a "closet medium" for almost 5 years now. I have the same issue, what I do is I am open to telling those I feel understand, and I don't tell those that I think wouldn't. Now if you were doing mediumship as your primary occupation, I imagine it would become a bit more known, but you don't have to do that!! you can do it on the side for as long as you want to!
Old 10-02-2016, 06:18 PM
Guide
Hi Serenifly, I love that name! I have a dear friend who, like you, is in the same position. She's still working as a FT nurse, but doing mediumship on weekends. She's trying to get her name out there, as well and would love to do this work full time.

Just a couple of marketing/advertising suggestions.
1) Craigslist: a lot of college kids use this website. And for safety reasons, you could offer free phone readings. College kids would eat that up.
2) College newspapers: Advertising isn't too expensive in local college newspapers
3) I don't know where you live, but I do know that most states have entertainment businesses that do psychic fairs for colleges, usually at the beginning of each semester. For example, I live in Western New York and there's a business here called Pyschic Caravan which employs psychics, mediums, tarot readers, etc., to do these fairs at various colleges in the region. It's a good way to work your mediumship muscle and college kids are very open to the energy and information, for the most part.
4) Lastly, try doing some radio shows. My specialty is dream interpretation and I've done radio shows in every place that I've lived. I just contacted them and asked if they would be interested in a dream interpretation segment, at no charge, of course.

I hope this helps. Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 11-02-2016, 02:03 AM
Experiencer
Thank you all for your input I really really appreciate it!! :)