Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Air Spirit

The paradox of duality - Part One

This is one part of a 2 part discussion which attempts to gain understanding on the paradox of duality. The levels of exploration are being kept separate to keep it simple, because this could become complex. First one level, then the next.

The question is one of duality.
As far as I understand, it is the ego self and the divine/higher/spiritual self that makes up duality.
The question is, are these best harmonized. Or are these best kept distinct from each other. I think that since they are both a part of the 'whole' self, they are best kept in harmony.
If so, how does one accomplish this, and if they are best kept separate, how does one accomplish this?

Any other points/theories on duality, are most welcome!!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Master
either way you are still stuck in duality, you must drop the whole idea of duality and just be, not trying to be one, or two, trying to be one in non-duality is still duality, you are trying to be one, but one from what, if there is one, why are you trying to be anything other than who you are already.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Air Spirit

I am not sure. I think it has something to do with a weak higher self. The ego self is over-powering the higher and they are in conflict. They are not in harmony. Based on your points, it seems that harmony is key. But, rather, there is a lot of imbalance. Perhaps making these distinctions, as you suggest, are actually causing the imbalance.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Spirit
I am not sure. I think it has something to do with a weak higher self. The ego self is over-powering the higher and they are in conflict. They are not in harmony. Based on your points, it seems that harmony is key. But, rather, there is a lot of imbalance. Perhaps making these distinctions, as you suggest, are actually causing the imbalance.

Your higher self is connection to Divine - is the Divine - so try tweaking your language here - higher self would not be weak. It's the ego self that is weak, in the sense that it chatters away and creates obstacles, such as fears and conditioned beliefs, that obscure the divine, higher self and gnosis.

That said, yes, personally I suspect an integration/working partnership of the two is the goal. If you are Christian, this is what Jesus meant when he said "my Father and I are one." Jesus, the human, was one with his "father" - Divine higher self. There was a third in there - the Holy Spirit - forming a Trinity. But as you said, let's not get ahead of ourselves in the discussion. :-)
Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 PM
moke64916

Disunity is an illusion. The goal is for mind, body, spirit unification.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:37 PM
indoorFlakes

where does 'my bedroom' start and 'hall way' begin....IS there any boundary..... can we ever find one? no we can never find one..... why is that? well, cuz there is no boundary to be found, that's why..... and why is there no boundary you ask?.... because there's no "my room" or "hallway" to exist and be seperate from one another, in the FIRST place.......

cheers!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Master
Quote:
there is no imbalance in being who you truly are, the imbalance is only there when you start to believe in ego and its opposite, there is no ego and there is no divine self, there is only what IS.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:32 AM
indoorFlakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
there is no imbalance in being who you truly are, the imbalance is only there when you start to believe in ego and its opposite, there is no ego and there is no divine self, there is only what IS.

there is the appearance of ego....
Old 04-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Air Spirit

your insights all, are so bright, there is beginning to be a breakthrough. contemplating!!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:48 AM
indoorFlakes

Quote:
your insights all, are so bright, there is beginning to be a breakthrough. contemplating!!

ut o...!! lol... cheers!