Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 01-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Master
How do i know who my true love is ?

just curious.
Been on a search my whole life and always come up short.

Any advice ?
thanks
Old 01-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Seeker

how many relationships have you been in before?
Old 08-07-2015, 08:33 AM
Newbie ;)

Your Journey,
I am by no means an expert but I have the same question on my mind, as well. I believe that when you find your true love, that you will "just know." I must sound like everyone else you have asked but it is the truth. If you trust your intuition and your heart..you will know. You two will click or maybe the way you meet seems so perfect. Perhaps when you meet you'll be able to look back and say "things had to happen just the way they did or we never would have met." Take it from me...I am not an expert but this is the advice I offer. Just dont pressure Universe to make it happen.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Jenny

I wish I knew the answer! I met someone a year ago and he is what I have always been looking for. I saw him in a shop and our eyes just met - I could almost hear the fireworks!! We clicked straight away. I have never in my life felt this way about anyone before. I know he has strong feelings for me too. However, for various reasons/complications we can’t be together. I’ve never met anyone like him before and am scared I won’t again. Maybe one day......
Old 10-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Lorelyen

Unless someone is very lucky, love takes a long time to grow and be. It's all very well finding oneself mutually and instantly attracted to someone but love has to endure through all manner of hardships, highs and lows. It needs outright honesty, consideration, selflessness and a complete appreciation of what the other party brings to one's life. You like even the bad habits that you ordinarily don't like because they're part of that person's make-up. You have to grow alongside each other, allow the other some private space if necessary, be ready to compromise. And don't imagine because sex is good for the first few months that it's love.

You have to be honest too about personality traits that you won't be able to stomach if they develop. A violent or domineering personality is something I couldn't stomach.

How can anyone know their true love until they've been there? It isn't something I've found or even looked for. But I have been able to observe.

(Sorry I haven't approached it more romantically. I tend to have my feet on the ground. )

:::
Old 17-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourJourney
just curious.
Been on a search my whole life and always come up short.

Any advice ?
thanks

I don't believe in a true love.Every love you have is different.It is a new experience.
Old 17-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Experiencer

Many people have different true loves. You can love people in different ways
It's just about the gelling. The connection, chemistry and friendship
Most of us have to go rhru karmic relationships before a soulmate and that's if you're very lucky!
Life's no fairy tale. Got to find your own self love first the rest will follow x
Old 22-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Deactivated Account

True love is inside you, not attached to any specific person. Love is your true nature, it's who you fundamentally are. Realise this and the question as you mean it then becomes irrelevant. You won't find it in anyone else but yourself. And then once you find it, someone comes along for you to share it with. Love isn't about finding, it's about giving.
Old 28-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Guide
"Love" for me is a much abused term.

A (Polish) colleague said of his wife "she makes me happy" which sounds a reasonably definition to me.

For any useful long lasting benefit far prefer the word "bond" to "love".......which might mean any thing (and also can slip through your fingers like dust [with apologies to Mark Knopfler])

FWIW I am over 50 and single so my notes may be taken on board or discarded according to choice ;-)
Old 28-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Master
I think it's not about finding the Love of your life, I believe it is better to find the Love of the moment.

Living in the moment brings happiness, a person who is happy it's prepared for pure love =)