Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Knower

Using Tarot to program your mind?

Wasn't sure where to put this - It obviously deals with Tarot, but not in relation to divination, so I didnt put it in the divination forum...Move it if necessary :)

I was watching a video on YouTube earlier about reprogramming the subconscious - The guy in the video was going over stuff I'm mostly familiar with: Affirmations, visualisation, etc etc, but he did give a technique that I hadn't heard before and it sounds very interesting: He basically said that it's possible to use Tarot cards to bring forth various qualities within you that you wish to have in your life. The idea is that, seeing as the subconscious mind responds strongly to symbolism, you pick a card that holds the quality you desire to embody, and meditate on it, thus bringing forth said quality.

I'm really interested in trying this, and probably will (I'll have to go and buy a Tarot deck) but before I do, I was wondering if any of you folk have heard of/tried this technique before? How did it go for you?

Thanks.
Old 20-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Master
As I see it, we do that all the time with everything, seeker. Our beliefs about ourselves and the world are just our self-chosen programming. Tarot imagery would simply be another, albiet more conscious, way... like using angels cards for example.
Old 20-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Master

This sounds really interesting, and there are so many different Tarot decks you can find one that appeals to you. I've heard the subconscious mind responds strongly to images, even more so than audio. You could pick a card out of the deck when seeking guidance, and possibly read the description if it comes with a booklet, then I'm sure it could 'cosmically' bring messages that apply to your life or even what's going on that day.
Old 21-02-2013, 03:18 AM
Ascender

I believe that it's a feedback loop. I would have needed to "program" the tarot card Strength with its message, in order for it to program me with its message of Strength.

Which is why the Lovers has not been working for me as an affirmation, because I'm still figuring out a positive program to write, for it to program me with. My association with the Lovers is very negative right now, so I don't like to work with it.

In case one would wonder why I'd even bother, if it's just me talking to myself... well, I also believe that the dynamic and reflecting back, will build more momentum than self-unto-self generation. Part of the direction would be determined by (to me) the tarot artist, in the first place: the Shadowscapes Hermit has a different message than the Deviant Moon Hermit.
Old 21-02-2013, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator
Interesting, I know certain crystals mean things and people sleep with them. I wonder if you say picked wheel of fortune from your favorite deck if it would the same way.
Old 21-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Master

I often pick a card and have it by my bed - be it an angel card, a tarot or something - just so I can sleep with it. I will meditate on it as I drift off to sleep (!) I don't think of it so much as reprogramming tho, as much as engaging with an energy.
Old 21-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I often pick a card and have it by my bed - be it an angel card, a tarot or something - just so I can sleep with it. I will meditate on it as I drift off to sleep (!) I don't think of it so much as reprogramming tho, as much as engaging with an energy.

Me too. Under my pillow. I've also at times carried a tarot card with me, in my bra, close to my heart. Too much info?

I like to pick a card that fits whatever is on my mind at the time, and read all I can find on it online, then make my own notes, and thus my subconscious gets lots of goodies to digest. It's very rewarding to work with tarot cards, I think! :)

the future's so bright

Old 21-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator
I may have done this before. I now have to keep all my intuitive helpers out of sight from little hands.So I don't remember if it actually did much. I also used to pick a angel card a day and kept it on me all day. Amazing