Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 19-04-2017, 11:45 AM
Suspended
Can You Pull Too Many Cards?

I've just done a reading for myself that has resulted in 16 cards plus 4 that jumped out of the deck.

It seem like rather a lot of cards for one reading, does this look right in your experience?
Old 19-04-2017, 12:37 PM
55Degrees

I suppose it depends on what spread you used and the questions asked, but that seems a lot of cards for one reading.
Old 19-04-2017, 04:24 PM
Master
Agree with Pisces, depends on the spread. And on how good a reader you are. When you're beginning you oftentimes think more is better. Then later you learn less tends to be more. Often that many cards is only confusing.

Cards that jump out, if it's one or two, they're part of the reading as 'undertone'. Sometimes more jump out, but then I start to feel I am not focused, so the cards get chaotic too.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Suspended
Thanks for your replies, think I'll scrap that one.
Old 30-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Guide

of course you can pull too many cards.
you'll know you did so when the message starts to make no sense at all.
'no sense' could also be a sign you read the tarot too much that day, and you should take a break.
if you read it too many times, your inner voice could get tired too, and you can't read the message anymore, so it doesn't make sense..

it's a vicious circle.
i doubt this [pulling too many cards] can happen on a regular basis though. i wouldnt sweat it.
Old 30-04-2017, 07:46 PM
Master
It depends on your response to what cards got pulled; agree with Mused - if they start to seem like too many ingredients spoil the soup kinda thing. Keep a note of the ones pulled for later reference, maybe.

Old 02-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Master
did you pull the extra cards because you had questions on the read?
Old 03-05-2017, 11:22 PM
Suspended
Mused & Sivler, I am very new to readings & haven't attempted another since this one, which I did scrap as I said. I might try again next week (with a new practice question), so I'll keep these things in mind, thanks :)

Jojo, no they jumped out during the shuffle.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Guide

my deck is quite large, and i can barely hold it in my hands to shuffle u.u
sometimes cards jump. i just put them back in the deck, and continue shuffling. i dont think the ones jumping during the shuffle to be related to the question/answer.
BUT, i heard some readers use those cards as well - they set the jumping cards aside. you could d reading using only those cards.

since i'm a beginner myself, i only do 3 card readings [i first studied each card and discovered its meaning]. i usually pull 2 more cards in case i need more clarification.

remember, that each person has their unique way of reading the tarot/ oracle. there is no method set in stone "this is the way to do it, and if you don't it doesnt count". try out more methods and see what works for you.

you know it works when the reading is accurate. when your cards tell you the story of your sitter without them telling you anything, just asking the question.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Suspended
I used the jumpers because that is what is advised in the manual. Now that you mention it Mused, perhaps I'm too inexperienced for such a reading. Usually I stick to one card once a day or two. They did seem to have some truth too them.
With hind sight I was practising another technique from the manual, so again, perhaps I just wasn't ready for it.