Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 09-03-2024, 06:11 AM
Master
Sometimes complaining is a way of bragging about what we have endured, but it is not my intention to brag. I was totally blind for about 5-years and I lived alone. I knew my one bedroom apartment very well, and even though I was blind I would cook and clean for myself.

My friends at that time did not know how to relate to me; they would say things like “you should have seen that movie,” and then they would apologize. I had no family around me and at that time I was not married but I did have a girlfriend who did not live with me but she was wonderful.

Having been blind taught me how to be highly independent. I used to walk the streets with a cane, and I was evicted from my apartment because I had no income waiting for government assistance, and could not pay my rent. I was homeless and blind living on the streets for a period of time until I got government assistance.

It taught me how to survive on my own, and yes it was very hard but it built character. I did not see myself as disabled and yes I could have gotten mugged or killed at any time. To have no eyesight and be totally alone can bring on great fear or great courage. This has been part of my journey; fortunately I found courage.
Old 09-03-2024, 08:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Totally agree!!
Even though I like to be alone as well, always have. But that is due to childhood trauma in groups, my C-PTSD that's behind that preference.

I too can spend time alone and like it, however I do value time spend with others, preferably one on one. But not all day. I tend to dislike groups, because there's always one or two extroverts who endlessly talk about themselves (they just waterfall you), can't stand even a few seconds of silence, and think they can make all the decisions for the group. All of this exhausts me. And they tend to like loud places because they're loud themselves.

What you say on touch is true, which is why singles do well to at least have pets.

I think introverted singles have taught themselves to be experts at me time but that doesn't mean it should always be that way. Just like extroverts definitely need to spend time alone and learn things about themselves.
Old 09-03-2024, 12:47 PM
Master

Great post Starman. Very inspiring!