Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Hemingway said that to be a decent writer, one needs a built-in, foolproof **** detector — and I like to think I have that. So anytime that any person has started to express feelings of great affection for me, I've thought: "You're a complete idiot. You have NO IDEA WHO I AM. Whatever you like about me is much more about you — and who you think I am — than it is about the real me." - Maura Kelly

If you love yourself deep enough, you will notice people who connect and feel it, fall in love with their own reflection....hehehe

Exactly. I even come to the conclusion that loving someone who you don't know is pretty much impossible. If some stereotypical New Age hippy were to tell me that he/she loves me (without knowing me personally) I'd have a damn hard time taking them seriously.
Old 18-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

neglect being waist deep, were in over our heads.

no person has to die for exceptional change to occur.
Old 18-12-2017, 11:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Exactly. I even come to the conclusion that loving someone who you don't know is pretty much impossible. If some stereotypical New Age hippy were to tell me that he/she loves me (without knowing me personally) I'd have a damn hard time taking them seriously.

I love ya man..(joking..lol )

Hey don't confuse open state of being where your feeling your own love as a connection to the world around you as not being serious enough for you. Be grateful someone actually can love without knowing you. Uncondtional love for self doesn't have a problem, with seeing the nature of itself, so don't be fooled your not seen, just your being seen beyond the veil of illusion. Wouldn't you rather the love illusion than hatred?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I love ya man..(joking..lol )

Hey don't confuse open state of being where your feeling your own love as a connection to the world around you as not being serious enough for you. Be grateful someone actually can love without knowing you. Uncondtional love for self doesn't have a problem, with seeing the nature of itself, so don't be fooled your not seen, just your being seen beyond the veil of illusion. Wouldn't you rather the love illusion than hatred?

lol, no shots fired.

But seriously, I don't believe there is actually one person on Earth who can love me without knowing me. Sure, you can love yourself but that doesn't mean it's connected to everything/everyone else. Perhaps that is only what they believe? I'd call it false beliefs that we convince ourselves to feel good. Pretty much the same thing with love at first sight which we hear all those couples talk about.

To answer your question, no.... Can't entirely say that I'm fond of love illusions.
Old 18-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

to kno love, is to kno that no person has to take the suffering route, as jesus did, again. god is powerful and will provide whatever you need anytime.

god- you cant see me, but never overlook me
Old 18-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello akez, sometimes those moments don't happen and in process your correct, those turning points are unknown for each individual unless they are open and share as such. The earth provides, but humans are part of the earth and they as we know don't nurture all beings without greed and lots of other aspects of troubled hearts and troubled minds..The list goes on.
Yah, akez. I love your sayings but I think there are two 'realms' of 'reality' in this regard. Spirit - the spiritual 'Sun' - is all-provident. What 'happens' in the physical realm, wherein the forms of spirits live/act in both cooperative-and-competitive relationship to and with one another is another matter. I think Jesus was referencing this frequently problematic realm when he said "In his world ye shall have tribulation" and the spiritual realm (wherein his consciousness was ensconced) when he said "but fear not I have over come the world" following that.

Such ensconcement, hence complete 'surrender' to 'love', is indeed realizable even while one is 'in' the world. The poetic sayings of Hafiz and Kahlil Gibran come to mind in this regarrd. It sounds to me (from your glorious-as-well! sayings) like you have reached the point of such realization.

Woohoo!
Old 18-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Master
Hey Slayer - methinks 'you' take your 'self' and hence 'life' itself way too seriously - meaning 'self'-importantly!

Delight-full 'love' is ever available as an experience and expression to those who 'light'en up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3SZOesh9Wo
Old 18-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Hi David. Of course I take myself seriously, I am who I am. Nobody knows me better than myself and what best suits me.

Also, I know it's a big deal to you but the video didn't really convert me into a vegan (if that was the intention).
Old 18-12-2017, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi David. Of course I take myself seriously, I am who I am. Nobody knows me better than myself and what best suits me.
It's fine (with me) if you want to continue to be that way. I just wanted you to consider the possibility that suach an 'attitude' may be counterproductive when it comes to eperiencing and expressing love in relation to others. Its a complex issue and no one's sense of 'self'-importance is the same as anyone else's, so generalization in ths regard often to don't apply, not 'exactly' that is. But here's a sheep on the subject which contains some ideas in said regard which you may (but also, of course, may not) find worth contemplating:
http://toltecnagual.com/everything-t...elf-importance

Quote:
Also, I know it's a big deal to you but the video didn't really convert me into a vegan (if that was the intention).
I wasn;t thinking of veganism when I shared that link. I simply did a search for "loving anumals" and relayed the first video that came up to illustrate the difference bwteen what one might call 'generic' 'love' and what you spoke about, about looking (wanting) to be loved for your 'self' - which is a very self-centered venture and so unlikely to be love-fruitful, IMO - as differentiated from simply being loved and enjoyed and loving and enjoying others for being a lovable and enjoyable aspects of LIFE - as meaningfully shown in the video.

Again, in interpteting my motives for sharing what I share with you, please know that its fine with me if you personally never get to love and enjoy being loved and enjoyed as an aspect of LIFE and never more than superficially love and enjoy others. I ain't invested in others (in the present case, 'you') taking hold of and pulling themselves out of their 'i'solation sink-holes using the ropes (venues?) that I throw their way. That is a function of their response-ability or lack thereof. My sense of my own response-ability, hence my 'investment', only extends to the point of sowing 'seeds' which have the potential to sprout if they land on fertile 'soil': The parable "A sower went out to sow his seed:and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." pertains, I think.
Old 18-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Yah, akez. I love your sayings but I think there are two 'realms' of 'reality' in this regard. Spirit - the spiritual 'Sun' - is all-provident. What 'happens' in the physical realm, wherein the forms of spirits live/act in both cooperative-and-competitive relationship to and with one another is another matter. I think Jesus was referencing this frequently problematic realm when he said "In his world ye shall have tribulation" and the spiritual realm (wherein his consciousness was ensconced) when he said "but fear not I have over come the world" following that.

Such ensconcement, hence complete 'surrender' to 'love', is indeed realizable even while one is 'in' the world. The poetic sayings of Hafiz and Kahlil Gibran come to mind in this regarrd. It sounds to me (from your glorious-as-well! sayings) like you have reached the point of such realization.

Woohoo!

Conditioning/separation at birth whatever you wish to give reason to the way in which people are playing out roles in this earthly realm, do reflect the nature of surrender. How willing we are to "open" to ourselves and others as they present themselves to us. I mean there are good loving people in the world who share openly their nature in this way. But have you ever seen someone who finds it very "DIFFICULT" to receive this love, respond? It can be very noticeable in the body and the containment. It is all well and good, it is just how it is. I understand this difficulty myself. I tend to be someone who surrenders to love in all its forms, but previously I didn't really know what love was (well not in the context of my spirit essence/my joyful being/my soul singing to itself/my playfulness/my thriving alive inner child who along with her thriving alive adult self is at peace with all that. I guess that gives you permission to explore the realm's beyond the human idea of how things "should" be. I don't like boxes, I am quite rebellious. And as a someone who wanted to live fully and not be contained by fear, going deep into my fears actually allowed love to rise up naturally as my true nature.

Love knows no bounds, love is many things, has many ways, love just is, love moves us, love brings alive our passion and our dreams and our hearts sing gloriously in tune with the spirit world. But in the end we could call this love OURSELVES dancing with ourselves but the pleasure soup bowl of consciousness that we are in all ways, could well be lead without name...but love works.

As my beautiful meditation friend said recently. "spread the love" but don't be weird about it! I laughed out loud at her message, because that is right. The world needs love but it needs it in its own way. TO explore safely and not be inundated with a flood of foolishness of an open spirit dancing weirdly and crazily, as slayer might perceive it as.

Jesus rocked his world as I see it.
And the love fest continues...

Fest me if you want David..but ensure you bring your sun into the picture as one, we cant have others think we are flirting in this love fest soup bowl..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder